Nurgle 500 points friendly DL - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle 500 points friendly DL

this is my first list for the daemonic legions so please advise me on how to improve.

exalted daemon
    mark of nurgle
    stream of corruption

10 plaguebearers

1 base of nurglings

thanks for all comments

Last edited by grand_fromage; October 25th, 2007 at 10:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for starters you need to read the Army List Posting Rules. As a friendly hint, its the points. You can't post point costs, Games Workshop copyright issues and whatnot.

Beyond that.

Daemons are very expensive to field... and are a tricky proposal at best. I'd recommend a more balanced mix of mortals and daemons, or even beasts. In your current.. list... you spend over half your points on a single character. He may not do all that badly, but even if the daemon got full kills on every attack, that'd still only be 20. If you were fighting Orcs and Goblins, 20 gits are pretty easy to sacrifice. They are only a bit tougher than normal Exalted Champs, and for the price of the daemon you could get 2 mortal E.C.s and some wargear.

See what I mean? If I were you I'd use an Asp Champ with a solid block of Marauders, some Nurglings and Plaguebearers, and then perhaps some Marauder horsemen or Warhounds (or heck, maybe even knights of chaos). At such a low point level it is going to be difficult to afford daemons except as a slight addition. Perhaps you could use a Spawn of Chaos (of Nurgle) and some Nurglings to complement your mortals for now, and then when you get a larger army to expand more into the daemonic realms.

I really can't envision an effective 500 point daemonic army for Nurgle.

Oh yes... at low point games Furies can be critical for taking out ranged units or warmachines.. or even enemy wizards, should they be so bold. So I'd recommend a small group of 5 of them.

NOTE:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...le/default.htm

Considering what this article says.. take what I say with a grain of salt. I still think its good advice, but apparently the exalted daemon in 500 pts is more of a good idea than not. I suppose so, perhaps numbers arent always what they are cracked up to be.
    Last edited by Capt. Fetlock; October 25th, 2007 at 05:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. because the army is the storm of chaos daemonic legion, i have to take an exalted daemon as a hero. i was going to avoid contact with the enemy by flying aroung them, causing terror tests and using the st 3 -2 as breath weapon. eventually the rest of the army would reach combat and with the help of the daemon, break the enemy. i also feel that the thought of a daemon in a small game could panic the opponent and make him make mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grand_fromage View Post
    thanks. because the army is the storm of chaos daemonic legion, i have to take an exalted daemon as a hero. i was going to avoid contact with the enemy by flying aroung them, causing terror tests and using the st 3 -2 as breath weapon. eventually the rest of the army would reach combat and with the help of the daemon, break the enemy. i also feel that the thought of a daemon in a small game could panic the opponent and make him make mistakes
    Ahhhh... I wasn't aware it was a 'special' army list. Alrighty then!

I think you should use your daemon depending on the situation. Some armies are going to be easy to run circles around and use the SoC against for the ranged attacks, but others, like Dwarves or maybe Empire, could field some powerful ranged units or even warmachines. So sometimes the safest place for your daemon is actually right in the middle of close combat. Due to their impressive statline and fearsome CC, they can often sit in the middle of a fight for quite a while.

Another option might be holding off on the Mark of Nurgle for the daemon and instead making him a Level 2 wizard for the same price. The benefits I think in terms of damage dealing vastly outweigh the benefit of the Mark.

For the point cost of the upgrades you have on the daemon, you could get an entire Spawn of Chaos, which is not to be underestimated. Or, if you want to concentrate on the daemon, you could get the Level 2 Sorcerer upgrade and use Soul Hunger to make him absolutely devastating in close combat AND ranged skirmishing.

As it stands, I feel like that Nurgling unit either needs to be buffed or replaced for the time being. You could replace the Nurgling with a Spawn and still have your daemon choose the Level 2 wizard upgrade or the Mark of Nurgle.

There may be some specific rules I am not familiar with for this list, but I think making that daemon a sorcerer would make him much more dangerous flying around causing terror and fear than Stream of Corruption. Some of those Fire spells are brutal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree that the daemon would be great with magic support but the mark and SoC costs enough for only level 1 (10 points short of 2). the enemy will propbably be able to dispel the spells so the extra wound could be better. also i need to field 2 core units which is why i have the nurglings.

also if i lose MoN i will lose SoC which can devastate units of light infantry, which is probably what i will be up against .
    Last edited by grand_fromage; October 25th, 2007 at 17:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grand_fromage View Post
    i agree that the daemon would be great with magic support but the mark and SoC costs enough for only level 1 (10 points short of 2). the enemy will propbably be able to dispel the spells so the extra wound could be better. also i need to field 2 core units which is why i have the nurglings.

also if i lose MoN i will lose SoC which can devastate units of light infantry, which is probably what i will be up against .
    Sorry, I read the entry on the Exalted Daemon wrong. Wasn't paying attention, since I never use them.

Poopsock. Well, I see your problem. Your list is pretty much the only list you CAN field. Heh.

Hmmm. Ahh yah, I really have nothing to add or take away then. If you are sure you are going to be fighting light infantry than SoC is good, but if you come up on solid infantry switching the SoC to Soul Hunger or another Nurgling might be more ideal.

Anyways, thats about it for me. I'd like to see this little band in action because I've never really seen daemons get any play time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exalted deamons in small games can reak havoc, when undivided with the lore of fire, if you roll the right spell you cud have a deamon who hits on a 2+ has S8 and 5A! that is scary for anyone 2face!!

+ Reply to Thread