2000 Point Nurgle List - Please be very critical ;Y - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Nurgle List - Please be very critical ;Y

Hey everyone. I was thinking of starting a nurgle army for some time now, and had figured I would go the route of a daemonic army, but instead I think i'll just blobifiy my army a bit. I really want you guys to be critical of this list, it would really help. Thanks in advance.

----------------------------

Lord of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    Filth Mace
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Shield
    Gaze of the Gods
    352 points

20 Marauders of Chaos
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Full Command
    165 points

20 Marauders of Chaos
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Full Command
    165 points

20 Marauders of Chaos
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Full Command
    165 points

9 Warhounds of Nurgle – 54 points

Chariot of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    135 points

Chariot of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    135 points

5 Chosen Knights of Chaos
    Full Command
    Regiment of Nurgle – 50 points
    325 points

20 Chaos Furies – 300 points

5 Nurgling Swarms – 200 points

1996 points total

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I like parts of it, but I don't like others.

20 furies is way, way too much. The only benefit you get from a unit that size is their fear. Otherwise, it's wasted models. How many will get into combat? 7 at most against a ranked unit, five ranks wide or across? Maybe 3 or 4 against warmachines? It's way, way too much for any flying unit.

The swarms, eh, I don't like 'em. A lot of low str attacks, swarms now crumble, very expensive. They can be a hassle for the enemy, and if I really wanted them, I'd take just 3 bases, maybe 4.

I'd want the hounds to be in two units of 5. Those guys are a pain in the butt because of their range. Having two units will present the enemy with more targets to deal with.

Where is your general going? You'll need him near your marauders to help them out with his leadership. If he runs off with those knights, it could make your marauders easier to take out.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I get what ur saying. How about if I dropped a unit of marauders and the swarms as well as some of the furies in order to take a unit or two of warriors. Would that work better?

Also, I think ur right about the multiple units of hounds. One round of good shooting could take all ten of them out and leave the knights behind open to shots from the remaining missle troops. Thanks for the hint.

How about this list?

Lord of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    Filth Mace
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Shield
    Gaze of the Gods
    352 points

20 Marauders of Chaos
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Chieftain and Standard
    160 points

20 Marauders of Chaos
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Chieftain and Standard
    160 points

12 Warriors of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    Shields
    Full Command
    260 points

12 Warriors of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    Shields
    Full Command
    260 points

Chariot of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    135 points

Chariot of Chaos
    Mark of Nurgle
    135 points

5 Warhounds – 30 points

5 Warhounds – 30 points

5 Chosen Knights of Chaos
    Full Command
    Regiment of Nurgle
    325 points

10 Chaos Furies – 150 points

1997 points total

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Chaos Warriors kick butt. And Nurgle ones are even better with the Cloud of Flies. I'd make them one unit to get a rank bonus out of them. You might consider extra hand weapons or halberds, at the expense of your armor save, and rely on the cloud of flies to keep you alive. That's a tricky call, but you can play around with it.

I like this list a lot more.

You could also make the furies into two units, but the downside is that it'd be hard to get a flank/rear charge bonus with units of five.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quik question, since when does MoN give the unit cloud of flies? If it did, then I'm sure I would have played them earlier. Can u give me a page reference? or are you suggesting I take 3 bases of nurglings to serve as a screen? Because then the cloud would only influence CC. not being naggy or a smart ass, just trying to say that I don't see the connection...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor do I see it...daemons of nurgle have the cloud of flies rule, but not the marked mortals, they just cause fear.
    The only exception would be if you engaged a unit with warriors AND one of deamons, because the -1 affects the entire enemy unit until the daemons leve combat.

Btw, did you think about fielding plaguebringers? automatic hits, ward save, cloud of flies...if you used them as flankers for marauders, those daemons provide hits and extend the lifespan of the marauders (via cloud of flies), who in turn provide ranks and standard and weight.
    Imo nurgle is the only god for which the daemonic troops are better than the mortal ones...

Back to the list:

-I'd also field 6 knights, because there is room for another into cc

-The chariots are not worth their points imo, you should field beast chariots which perform the same and cost much less.

cheers
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark of Nurgle gives only fear to chaos warriors. Cloud of Flies can be bought as a chaos gift on your daemon characters.
    Furies are 0-1, so you can't have two units of them.

As for the list, here are my suggestions:

10 furies are too much, no need for so many (as they are for marchblocking and warmachine/mage hunting, there is no need for them to be so many). 8 would be the maximum I'd field.

Chaos warriors of Nurgle suck bad when in units of 12, because then they don't get the bonus from fear, because they will never outnumber anyone. I'd field one unit of 20 Nurgle warriors, with a FC, 2x hand weapons/halberds (depends who your opponent is), shields and a hero inside.

Marauders should be fieldid in units of 25+, with full command, shield and light armour, for now they may not outnumber the enemy and without a hero in them, they would probably lose the combat or maybe manage a draw, but since you didn't equip them with a musician, they would lose for sure.

You have no magic defence, meaning that you will be absolutely crushed in the magic phase. Add a scroll caddy.

Warhounds and the knights are okay. Though if you're going to stick the lord in the unit of knights, the knights won't really need the chosen upgrade or the champion in them. But if you want them to be the uber unit of doom, then go ahead and field them as they are.

The chariots are cool, but the nurgle mark on them should only stay for fluff purposes, becasue it won't probably do anything...

Filth mace isn't really all that good, so I'd drop that and add a flail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    The swarms, eh, I don't like 'em. A lot of low str attacks, swarms now crumble, very expensive.
    Errm... Actually, though swarms do crumble, Nurglings sometimes don't. They follow the rules for demonic units, and so are much sturdier than your regular swarm. Provided your rolls for demonic instability are good enough, of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galakhad is absolutely right.

I too use the nurglings, because they are much much more than a normal swarm
    (and their cost is the most adequate among all the daemonic units imo)

-If the enemy fails Ld, they are hit only on 7s !!!
    -They have 5+Ws
    -They do not crumble but test instability
    -A swarm with S3 T3 ???? whoa!

...papa nurgle does it better
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread