2250 Slaanesh mortals - tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Slaanesh mortals - tournament

Hey guys,

This is my first army list for HoC. I'm trying to compile a list/army for a tournament in February. I have play tested this list against a seasoned Empire player and scored a massacre, however there were some areas that I was looking to change. I wanted to add some element of BoC into the list and I noticed that only having 2 sorcerers just didn't seem like enough (I'm used to playing VC).

Without further ado, the list:

Lord of Chaos
    Armor of Damnation
    Enchanted Shield
    Sword of Might
    Gaze of the Gods
    Mark of Slaanesh
    325 pts

Exalted Champion of Chaos
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Shield
    Sword of Battle
    143 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Level 2
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Power Familiar
    190 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Level 2
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Dispel scroll (2)
    190 pts

Warriors of Chaos (19)
    Shields
    Full Command
    Mark of Slaanesh
    335 pts

Marauders of Chaos (25)
    Light Armor
    Shields
    Full Command
    200 pts

Marauders of Chaos (20)
    Light Armor
    Shields
    Full Command
    165 pts

Hellcannon of Chaos
    270 pts

Chaos Furies (7)
    105 pts

Warhounds of Chaos (5)
    30 pts
    Knights of Chaos (5)
    Chosen
    Full Command
    Mark of Slaanesh
    295 pts

Comes to 2248, let me know what you think. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some thoughts, without any drastic changes to your initial list:

You forgot to mark the exalted? Or do you plan to field him with marauders?
    Anyway - you have lots of infantry in your list and it really needs the BSB. Make your exalted an aspiring champ with gaze of the gods, bitting blade and battle standart. Enchanted shield and armor of damnation is more than enough for you lord to protect himself.
    Btw, you migh as well mount your lord on a chaos steed to get further +1as and so that he could threaten your enemies with 14" charge out of your infantry blocks.

Mount both your sorcerers. 2+ save is a good way to ensure their safety.

6 furies is enough.

Chosen chaos knights don't really need command group (Unless they are joined by character - in that case leave the champion) - it's way to expensive (you might add another knight instead)

You can easily drop some chaos warriors. (13-15 is more than enough) They should win through kills. Ranks and outnumber is way to expensive with them. Consider war banner though.

Less-gors-more-ungors beast herds are incomparable when it comes to screening infantry line.
    Last edited by Galakhad; December 5th, 2007 at 10:04.
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Your Lord is illigal, in that he cant have both a magic Armour and magic shield. As he gets Chaos Armour as standard anyway, the SoD is pretty expensive, so m probably keep the Eshield.

2 Casters are fine, pretty standard for most armies i think, though your offnsive may not be that strong.

Id say have both marauder units at 20, and also make the Chaos warrior unit just 12 strong (6x2), dropping the banner. Possibly give them halberds or 2xHW as well as shields.

The Knights banner isnt necessary, so maybe drop that. ComRes comes from kills, try to minimalise risks of giving banners away.

Definitely look at adding a Beast Herd or two. 6-8 gor + 8-12 Ungor per unit should be fine, with Champ and Music too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, guess I had a brain fart on the lord or something, but I looked at the suggestions and this is the second rendition, let me know what you think. Dunno if this matters, but the heroes were gonna be the lord in the group of warriors and the exalted in the knights.

Lord of Chaos
    Enchanted Shield
    Sword of Might
    Gaze of the Gods
    Mark of Slaanesh
    295 pts

Exalted Champion of Chaos
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Shield
    Sword of Battle
    Mark of Slaanesh
    163 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Level 2
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Power Familiar
    Barded chaos steed
    206 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Level 2
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Dispel scroll (2)
    Barded chaos steed
    206 pts

Warriors of Chaos (12)
    Shields
    Champion
    Extra HW
    Mark of Slaanesh
    248 pts

Marauders of Chaos (20)
    Light Armor
    Shields
    Full Command
    165 pts

Marauders of Chaos (20)
    Light Armor
    Shields
    Full Command
    165 pts

Hellcannon of Chaos
    270 pts

Chaos Furies (7)
    105 pts

Warhounds of Chaos (5)
    30 pts

Knights of Chaos (5)
    Chosen
    Champion
    Mark of Slaanesh
    265 pts

Beast Herd (20)
    12 Ungors
    8 Gors
    Foe Render
    Musician
    129 pts

Comes out to 2247

I appreciate the feedback. Let me know if there are further changes I should look into.

P.S. I left musicians off the knights and Warriors because they are immune to psych, if they are fleeing, i think I probably lost the game already
    Last edited by Rubixcube; December 5th, 2007 at 15:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you gonna run your exalted with knights, he won't need anything but flail. 4 s7 attacks are much more a threat than 5 s5. Especially when they cost less.

I really really sugest you to find a place for Battle standart. Foot troops with movement 4 will almost always gonna be charged. And it is essential to survive that first charge. Break test re-roll will greatly increase your chances.

Perhaps drop the chosen from knights and join your Lord to that unit. This way he will more likely actually see combat. As currently most opponents will just avoid your warriors block with lord on foot inside.
    Then you can swap an exalted for aspiring champ, make him BSB and join him to your warriors or marauders block.

I'd say beast herd can do pretty well as missile screen without foe-render as there's LD9 lord nearby, so you can probably free-up some points.
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if i move the lord to the knights, then I think i would need the BSB since i wouldnt have the LD 9 babysitter.

My thoughts were to put the warriors right in the center, w/ beast herd in front of them, put marauders to each side and take one flank w/ the knights, and use furies to go take care of warmachines etc...

However, since the warriors have been hacked down to 12 might they be better used for a support unit to the marauders?

Or is it more feasible to just run an exalted as the general, put him in the knights w/ the flail build, and then a BSB in either the warriors or a group of marauders?
    Last edited by Rubixcube; December 5th, 2007 at 17:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubixcube View Post
    So if i move the lord to the knights, then I think i would need the BSB since i wouldnt have the LD 9 babysitter.

My thoughts were to put the warriors right in the center, w/ beast herd in front of them, put marauders to each side and take one flank w/ the knights, and use furies to go take care of warmachines etc...

However, since the warriors have been hacked down to 12 might they be better used for a support unit to the marauders?

Or is it more feasible to just run an exalted as the general, put him in the knights w/ the flail build, and then a BSB in either the warriors or a group of marauders?
    Well, joining lord to the knights doesn't make him loose his "use general's leadership" property.
    BSB is best used when Lord is around.

Joining BSB to the marauders unit might be a good idea (Drop the mark though - as it will be useless)
    Boost the marauders to 25 (for outnumber reasons), give your Aspiring a horse to have 2+ armor save and let him carry a warbanner. That way your marauders will have the static combat result of 7 !!
    And points will be spread between units, which is always a good thing.

You can try and test both options and see what suits your style of play best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galakhad View Post
    Well, joining lord to the knights doesn't make him loose his "use general's leadership" property.
    BSB is best used when Lord is around.
    I understand that, but usually the way i use knights is to pick on the weaker units (IE empire sword blocks etc...) and they dont stay back w/ the foot-sloggers so I would fear that if he was in the knights, his leadership radius would become obsolete by turn 3, if not turn 2.

I'll tinker w/ the list and see if the exalted general and aspiring BSB would free up any points to do something fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exalted Champion
    Flail
    Shield
    Gaze of the Gods
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Mark of Slaanesh
    170 pts

Aspiring Champion of Chaos
    Barded Chaos Steed
    BSB
    War Banner
    146 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Level 2
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Power Familiar
    Barded chaos steed
    206 pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Level 2
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Dispel scroll
    Barded chaos steed
    181 pts

Warriors of Chaos (12)
    Shields
    Champion
    Extra HW
    Mark of Slaanesh
    248 pts

Marauders of Chaos (22)
    Light Armor
    Shields
    Full Command
    179 pts

Marauders of Chaos (20)
    Light Armor
    Shields
    Full Command
    165 pts

Hellcannon of Chaos
    270 pts

Chaos Furies (6)
    90 pts

Warhounds of Chaos (5)
    30 pts

Knights of Chaos (5)
    Chosen
    Champion
    Mark of Slaanesh
    265 pts

Beast Herd (1
    12 Ungors
    6 Gors
    Musician
    Foe Render
    115 pts

Minotaurs (4)
    Great Weapons
    Mark of Chaos Undivided
    184pts

This build comes to 2249,

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Rubixcube; December 5th, 2007 at 23:00.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

If you can find a way to squeeze them in, i definitely think the Minotaurs will be far better with 4 in their unit, and also the Beast Herd will greatly benefit from the addition of a Champion.
    Back to my initial point, the Crimson Armour is pretty expensive considering you have Chaos armour already, i think the Eshield will benefit you more generally.
    Apart from that, its looking good i think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast