2000pt Slaanesh Mortals (Dragon) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Slaanesh Mortals (Dragon)

Lord of Chaos: 659
    Chaos Dragon, Halberd, Shield, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Armour of Damnation.

Aspiring Champion of Chaos: 218
    2 Dispel Scrolls, Lore of Tzeentch, Level 2 Wizard, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed.

15 Warriors of Chaos: 300
    Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, War Banner

15 Warriors of Chaos: 275
    Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh, Shields.

10 Marauders of Chaos: 55 (Flankers)
    Musician.

5 Marauder Horsemen: 81
    Musician, Flails

2 Fiends of Slaanesh: 150
    5 Chaos Hounds: 30
    5 Chaos Hounds: 30

4 Screamers of Tzeentch: 132 1875

Tips on what to spend the last 125 pts on?
    Any changes to the list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Mostly it looks pretty good. Id say run the warriors in units of 12, 6x2, with no banners and possibly Shields + (2xHW or halberds).

Having just one level 2 caster wont be much help to you, he wont be casting much at all. Either drop him down to a Scroll caddy, or get a second and maybe 3rd Sorc in there for a better magical assault phase.

The Maru footmen you have listed as flankers will be far better at their job if they were mounted. Flails are a good choice though.

Apart from that the rest looks good i think, unit selection wise. Though are Slannesh allowed to take Tzeentch deamons? Maybe look at ome more fluffy, a small unit of mounted Deamonettes would be a good choice i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Deceiver here. 218 poins for a scroll caddy is a bit too much. And as a caster he won't do anything. Either throw another level 2 wiz in, or just use the L1 sorcerer as a caddy.

In fact, warriors are better suited to act as flankers, whilst marauders provide static combat result. Drop the warrior units down to 10, with shields, but without command group, as they won't panic anyway. (One ot the warrior units might be upgraded to chosen, the other with 2hw)
    With the spare points get yourself a nice big block of 25 marauders with shields and light armor, the second sorcerer and a battle standard bearer.

With his movement of 20" your lord will in most cases charge and strike first. With that in mind, he has too many defensive items. You can drop the crown
    Last edited by Galakhad; December 11th, 2007 at 18:49.
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

+ Reply to Thread