1000pts Tzeentch Mortals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

1000pts Tzeentch Mortals

OK, so I'm fairly happy I now know what I'm doing with my Beastmen (at least, as far as lists go), but I now want to continue the army in a more mortal theme...

Without further stalling for time, I give you...

Heroes:

Aspiring Champion: 154pts
    Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon.

Sorceror: 145pts
    Level 2, Dispel Scroll.

Core:

Chosen Warriors: 292pts
    11 Chosen w/ Great Weapons. Musician, Standard, Champion. Mark of Tzeentch.

Marauders: 127pts
    17 Marauders w/ Flails. Musician, Standard, Chieftan.

Marauder Horsemen: 81pts
    5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Flails. Musician.

Chariot: 140pts
    Chariot w/ Mark of Tzeentch.

Chaos Hounds: 30pts
    5 Chaos Hounds.

5 Chaos Hounds.

TOTAL: 999pts

Now, the general plan is to use the hounds to block LOS to the footsloggers, while the horsemen look after a flank, aiming to negate as many enemy missile units as possible...

My concerns are that I have a rediculous number of points tied up in one unit (the chosen, especially if one of the characters is attached), and that my missile screen isn't going to be hugely hard to knock out.

So, any thoughts/suggestions?
    I'd ideally like to keep the heroes, and I love the idea of the chosen, but otherwise I'm extremely flexible in terms of what I'll change...

Cheers in advance,
    -t.

minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hmm, definitely a lot of points in Characters and those Chosen... are you looking to go down the Tzeentch route eventually? If so then its fine, although you may like a 3rd caster here on a disc maybe.

In all honesty all the units individually look pretty good, and should combine well enough. However, look at loosing the Maru Cav and getting yourself some Furies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I was considering some Screamers, if I drop the horsemen and a unit of hounds I can get 3 Screamers and add 2 to the marauder unit, which is fairly nice...

Tzeentch is definately my god of choice, although I think I would be hard pressed to get another caster in there.

Is a Disc worth taking? It seems like it's an expensive choice (considering you have to me minimum an exalted champion to take one), that kinda makes you an obvious target...

Looking at it, if I took a Disc and upgraded the Champion to Exalted, and dropped the Marauders and Horsemen, then I could add a unit of 4 screamers and add a hound to both units, making a very mobile army...
    It might be worth taking the Golden Eye, but we're talking serious, serious points on one model at that point, which the Beastman in me feels very nervous about.

So, any thoughts on that?

-t.
    Last edited by minus_t; January 18th, 2008 at 01:53.
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well, take a look at what im just about to put up, i think that should give my view on Tzeentch nicely

Let go of the Beast! New army, time to play by new rules And if your going to look to expand to 2K anyway then extra units cant hurt, even if you dont use them yet.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    but we're talking serious, serious points on one model at that point, which the Beastman in me feels very nervous about.

Hordes of Chaos is (disturbingly anough) not about hordeing one up good and proper, its a misleading name.

Its a character with a Mark Of Tzeentch, if you think he is expensive work out the points for a LORD of tzeentch (I know he isnt not useable in 1000 points, but do it anyway). Then consider that he (the lord) is WORTH that expenditure. The points miser in you will be blasted away in a stream of multicoloured flames.

Okay, you end up looking at the thick end of almost 250 points, but for that, you get a bloke with the Exalted champion statline, that flies, is a level 2 spellslinger, a 3+ ward save against ranged stuff and has a damn good spell lore.

If you like Tzeentch then getting used to the sheer cost of characters is an essential, yeah, they cost....but DAMN can they dish it out.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Having 1/3 of your army in two models is not really a great idea.

Sure, having 2 level 2 sorcerers is quite nasty but combined with the chosen it really puts a dent in your troops. But having 8 PD at 1000pts is rather nasty.

I would keep the marauder cav as they can do thing that furies and screamers can't; bait charges. With your army you will be outnumbered by most opponents and having a unit that can bait and flee is never a bad thing. They are also great at negating rank bonus and provide the chance of an outnumber in combat.

Hope that helps
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    Having 1/3 of your army in two models is not really a great idea.
    In my 1000pt tzeentch I have over half in 3.

Okay, my win loss ratio isnt too good, but that was a result of trying to play it in a non-magic whore way. Which doesnt work with tzeentch I think.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

OK, well, I worked out something that is a fair bit more mobile, and has a more 'tzeentchy' attitude (many thanks to Decievers whacky list o' doom!), I suspect I may well try out both of them in the near future, and see how they work (if I ever get around to converting the other 9 of my chaos warriors... erk!).

Anyway:

Heroes:

Exalted Champion: 249pts
    Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Great Weapon.

Aspiring Champion: 179pts
    Mark of Tzeentch, Dispel Scroll, Great Weapon.

Core:

Chosen Chaos Warriors: 330pts
    11 Chosen w/ Great Weapons. Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Standard w/ Blasted Standard.

Marauder Horsemen: 81pts
    5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Flails. Musician.

5 Chaos Hounds

5 Chaos Hounds.

Special:

Screamers of Tzeentch: 99pts
    3 Screamers.

TOTAL: 998pts

So, much smaller, but much more aggressive.
    I should really be dominating the magic phase (what with 7 power dice, 4 spells and a bound spell), and the army is hardly slouching when it comes to combat.
    Obviously it lacks staying power, but it has 3 'sacrificial' units (hounds and horsemen) who are all capable of blocking a units LOS, and the Screamers and Disc combined should make for quite a nifty double charge, or the Screamers can always be sent off to try and take out gun crew members etc etc.

-t.
    Last updated 09/01/11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Wayhey! now your thinking like a Tzeentch player... well, me atleast.

I did see what you said in my thread, and ill offer a counter here. Lookse the MaruCav and the magic standard... and get yourself a Chariot!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

I am generally unconvinced of chariots, I haven't used any yet, but every time I see them in action they either flop tragically, or somehow win the game...

I tend to be somewhat awful at rolling for things like impact hits (or crushing claws on a carnifex etc etc), so I suspect mine would fall into the first category.

I'm gonna try some out in a beasts list when I've got them built, and see how they do.

-t.
    Last updated 09/01/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast