2000, Mortal//Undivided, goofy =P - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000, Mortal//Undivided, goofy =P

Got the idea for this after seeing Deceiver's 2k Tzeentch list. Nothing serious, just a pocket army to collect because I like the models. Again, not a Chaos player, so flag me wherever I've missed a rule.

Daemon Prince 550pts.
    -lvl 4 caster (lore of Fire)
    -Radiance, Soul Hunger, Splendour, Master of Mortals

2s Chaos Sorcerers 276pts.
    - lvl 2 casters (both lore of Death)
    - chaos steeds

6x Knights of Chaos 360pts.
    - Khorne
    - Chosen
    - Standard
    - War Banner

3 Chariots 400pts.
    - 2 Tzeentch, 1 Undivided

4 Screamers 132pts.

6 Furies 90pts.

2 Spawn of Chaos 150pts.
    - both Slaanesh

Something like 42 pts. left kicking around - just don't know what needs them - the Sorcs. prolly need some gear (liked the look of the power familiar) or the Knights need different command, but the general idea of the list is there so have at it.

Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Woo! Im an inspiration

I like it, all the units you have in there are decent. It may get slated by some people for being too small or elitist, but hey, you saw my list, im hardly going to think thats a bad thing

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Spend that last 42 points on 7 chaos hounds to screen the chaos knights. This is alway recomended especially with the amount of points you have spent on the knights. ;Y

JvK :happy:
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea J, I've got a friend w/some hounds I'm sure he'd let me borrow if I offer to paint them =P and a screening unit would be a nice thing to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

This is a very interesting list. But the more i see it, the more I think that it could be really effective. You have alot of hard hitting units and will end up having a more than decent magic phase. Like JvK said, you will have to invest in some protection for your knights. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing your 360pt unit turned into a shish kabob by some lucky bolt thrower shot. Often times in games i see furies used for that, but in your case the furies would be better used to taking out the crews of war machines than screening.

One question though. Is your DP going to be used for strictly magic, or do you have another thing in mind? I have run a DP very similar to that before, hoping for flaming sword of rhuin. The combination of those two things is absolutely ridiculous, againt most foot troops you will be at 2's and 2's, and with his 5 atttacks(if i remember correctly), he should be able to handle most units of T4 by himself, let alone T3. I run a very similar army, uses Tzeench lore, actualy I have just finished it, and the army has all chariots and knights for core. It is a very fast and unforgiving army. If magic works well that game, it is a near unstoppable army. But the way that your army looks, it is well balanced and should fare well even if the dice gods frown upon your spellcasters.

Let me know how your first battle goes, I am really anxious to see its outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea was to get the Prince up into the fight - hopefully w/the flaming sword because then he'd hit on twos w/s8, re-roll misses w/8 attacks. Given the speed of the rest of the list - the chariots or spawns are prolly the slowest thing around - everything should make it into melee ASAP and he should be able to jump to whatever combat needs him spreading terror, destruction, and chaosy joy to all comers =P. It's all still theoretical at this point, but I'll try to scrape together the models to run it a couple times and let you guys know how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread