2000pt Tzeentch army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Tzeentch army

Haven't made a fantasy army before but I wanted to make one with very few models that I can convert.
    And only has models in it that I love the look of or the fluff if its ugly (conversion time).
    The only problem with this usually is that armies built around looking cool fail ^^
    But I think I have made a army that is good enough to be a pain to vs (wont get rolled) while it still has all the models in it I like.

1999pts

Lord of chaos; Dragon of Chaos, Mo Tzeentch, Staff of Change, Golden eye of tzeentch, Chaos armor, Great weapon, Shield.

Bray-Shaman; Level 2 Wizard, Chaos Armour, Staff of Darkoth (counts as Braystaff).

Bray-Shaman; Level 2 Wizard, Chaos Armour, Braystaff.

5 Marauder Horsemen; Flails.

Chariot of Chaos; Mo Tzeentch

Beast herd; 5 Gor, 12 Ungor, Standard Bearer, Musician.

3 Minotaurs; Mo Tzeentch, Great weapon.

3 Minotaurs; Mo Tzeentch, Great weapon.

15 PD
    6 DP

Lord of chaos shouldn't really need explaining 5 St7 attacks + 6 St6 attacks on a flying terror causing dragon both with
    3+ Armour saves vs shooting and then 3+ ward save vs All normal and magical missile. That has access to 11 PD.

I included the marauder horsemen because I love the models and they rock as fast cavalry. The chariots I want to convert using the Tzeentch demons and Disc.
    I saw a picture on the web before and loved the model. I love minotaurs but want to convert them from the original models.
    Want to use the Wargor battlebearer as the standard bearer for the beast herd unit. Other than that just going to leave them mostly un-converted.

The beast herd should be interesting when ranked up both Bray-Shamans will be in the front rank with the Gors with HW and shield.
    This gives the unit the option to hold a charge with both brays being T4 2+ save and the Gors being T4 5+save. And the unit being 19strong will have 4 Models too loose
    before they loose the +1 rank bonus. Static CR of 3+1 for outnumbering but would only be used against Light infantry if that.
    They also have the chance of getting "The Wild Call" off since its a magic heavy army. In which they can charge and get 4 St5 attacks + 3 St3 attacks off.
    Which is decent and this also might tip the battle in their favor giving them the +1 for outnumbering.

The rest is pretty straight forward the minotaurs are hard hitters along with the chariots and the marauder horsemen can flank with the Beast herd or hunt down fast cavalry.
    Not sure if I should drop the 5 Marauders for a 5gor 5ungor musician/champion bait unit or a plain spawn of chaos and add two ungor's to the brayshaman unit.
    Interested in any opinions on this army and or any comments or advice from chaos players with similar armies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

That Chaos Lord on a Dragon I love! Huge fan of dragons, so long as you can convert a good one... i dont like GW dragons lol. Loose the GW for a Halberd though. Being mounted a GW is only +1Str, so using a halberd you get the same bonus, and retain your Initiative.

Bray Shaman i love too! for a 1st list you are impressing me somewhat Although unfortunatelt being a Magic item for beasts, onky one Bray can have Chaos armour. Maybe Armour of Damnation for the other?

Add music to the Maru Cav.

Chariots are good, possibly drop one for points though (see below)

Loose the Herds Standard and ad a Champ. Have the Bray Shaman join them, although ideally one Herd for each Shaman would be a good idea. Perhaps loose some Ungor and add a few Gor, 8/8 split per herd should be fine. Then adding the shaman brings you to 17, a nice number for avoiding panic. Makes charging a little more difficult though.

Heres where you need the points. Minotaurs are undoubtedly better when in units of 4, so add one to each unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FixT

2000pts

Lord of chaos; Dragon of Chaos, Mo Tzeentch, Staff of Change, Golden eye of tzeentch, Chaos armor, Halberd, Shield.

Bray-Shaman; Level 2 Wizard, Chaos Armour, Staff of Darkoth (counts as Braystaff).

Bray-Shaman; Level 2 Wizard, Armour of Damnation, Braystaff.

5 Marauder Horsemen; Musician, Flails.

Beast herd; 7 Gor, 13 Ungor, Foe-render, Musician.

4 Minotaurs; Mo Tzeentch, Great weapon.

4 Minotaurs; Mo Tzeentch, Great weapon.

14 PD
    6 DP

I forgot about Great weapons only giving +1 bonus when mounted thanks. I know what you mean about the dragons. No offense to GW but the only dragon I sort of like is Galrauch yet I look at him and think where am I going to fit a lord on that neck!
    I'm thinking of starting on some of the other models in the army and seeing what they do (if anything) with the dark elf dragons.

The musician for the Marauders was paid for but not listed (my bad :<) the two Bray-shamans are fixed and 1 of the chariot has been dropped. A minotaur has been added to each though at first I didn't know why you said 4 instead of 3. After looking through the rule book the only thing I could come up with is you can afford too loose a model before the unit can no longer negate ranks? And hitting another unit's flank more minotaurs in contact means more attacks and more wounds which is where they win combats and going up to 5 models means base size one would just be wasted so 4 is a nice number in between?

The beast herd has been difficult. Most of the other units don't allow me to swap things around or do much tweaking. The only thing I can think of too get two herds in is too drop the magic armor from the Brays. But I will be running a pair of 5-5 and 5-6 herds both with foe and musician. Not so sure about that but for now with both Brays in the one unit at the moment the unit comes too 21 models which means 5.25 models have to die before it needs to take a panic check which means it needs 6 (I think I'm right ^^) and the army hits 2000pts exactly.

P.s Does anyone have advice on converting the minotaurs I love the art work in books for them but the models look funny too me about too go check out all the other models in the other armies for idea's.

Although they are marked by Tzeentch so maybe I can go crazy with the conversions and make them into something cool that would raise eyebrows when I say (no really there bulls)

eckyl
    Last edited by eckyl; February 26th, 2008 at 01:59. Reason: fixed for spelling

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by eckyl View Post
    A minotaur has been added to each though at first I didn't know why you said 4 instead of 3. After looking through the rule book the only thing I could come up with is you can afford too loose a model before the unit can no longer negate ranks? And hitting another unit's flank more minotaurs in contact means more attacks and more wounds which is where they win combats and going up to 5 models means base size one would just be wasted so 4 is a nice number in between?
    I just think 4 is a better number, they can take some damage and still hit back hard. Also though, you only need 2 in order to negate ranks and gain Flanking bonus, as each Minotaur is US3. US 5 is needed.

the unit comes too 21 models which means 5.25 models have to die before it needs to take a panic check which means it needs 6 (I think I'm right ^^)
    Correct

P.s Does anyone have advice on converting the minotaurs I love the art work in books for them but the models look funny too me about too go check out all the other models in the other armies for idea's.
    I agree, im not the biggest fan of the Minotaur models. Im looking at using the Yhetees of the Ogres instead, or possibly Wolfen from Confrontation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

-=Moved to Army Lists Section=-

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Although they are marked by Tzeentch so maybe I can go crazy with the conversions and make them into something cool that would raise eyebrows when I say (no really there bulls)
    Possibly fart about with some spawn bits? If you have spawn bits that is.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

+ Reply to Thread