My first 2000pt Khorne Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first 2000pt Khorne Army

Hi, I have a tournament at my local club coming up and I am looking at trying a new army. I usually play O&G but fancied a change. I believe the tourny will be magic heavy (2 HE, 2 LM, 2 TK, 1 DE and some others) so I thought I would play an anti-magic army hence the switch to Khorne.

I have not played them before so any help will be appreciated. (MOK = Mark of Khorne)

Chaos Lord - MOK, Stead, Spelleater Shield = 349pts
    (will go with knights)

Aspiring Champion - MOK, BSB = 140pts
    (will go with Chaos Warriors)

Exalted Demon - MOK, Collar of Khorne = 300pts
    (will take cover with Furies)

5xChaos Knights - MOK, Standard & Musician = 240pts

14xChaos Warriors - MOK, full command, Halbards & Shields = 313pts

16xMarauders - Full Command, Shield, Light Armour = 137pts

Chaos Chariot - MOK = 150pts

5xChaos Warhounds = 30pts
    (Used as screen)

5x Chaos Warhounds = 30pts
    (Used as screen)

5x Flesh Hounds = 80pts
    (flank cover)

5 xFlesh Hounds = 80pts
    (Flank Cover)

Spawn of Chaos = 60pts

Total 1999pts, 8 Dispel Dice

Thanks.

Last edited by DukeMorlock; March 4th, 2008 at 12:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Look at making the Lord more offensive. I dont think Magic Resistance is necessary, a nice Magic weapon or some good armour / Ward would do nicely.

Just incase you have it confused, the Ext daemon cannot actually join the Fury unit, as they are fliers.

BSB is a good choice, if a little unusual. Also it may actually make having the Warriors ranked 5x3 instead of the 6x2 I normally recommend.

Dropo the Knights Standard for a Champ.

The Marauder unit could do with a few additions, boost to 20.

Mark the Spawn.

As you have War hounds, i think Flesh hounds are an unnecessary and overpriced addition. Some nice special rules, but they essentially count for not a lot really considering their stats. Loose these two units for a second Chariot.

Where did the Furies you mentioned vanish to?? Get a good unit of 5 to 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many Thanks for the comments, I have tried to show the reason I took what I did below, but am more than happy to take advice.

For the Lord I just thought being able to protect the Knights unit with the shields MR would be good - but i will look at offensive options instead - any recommendations?

Yep I know Demon can not go in Furies unit, was just intending to use them as cover (like the warhounds for the other units).

I take it you think the champions extra attacks are better than the +1 CR?

Maruaders numbers and unmarked spawn were down to pts available - will re-jig the list and see if I can do this.

I took Fleshounds as they were Fast Cav and I figured I would need some Flank Protection. I know they have Frenzy but I was looking at their ability to do a free re-form, didnt really want to take Marauder Cav (dont like painting horses ) and I thought about just using more war hounds but they don't get the reform option.

Oops left the furies off, I have a unit of 6 in the Army Builder list I was writting this up from.

Any other advice much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Many Thanks for the comments, I have tried to show the reason I took what I did below, but am more than happy to take advice.

For the Lord I just thought being able to protect the Knights unit with the shields MR would be good - but i will look at offensive options instead - any recommendations?
    To build him for combat, Weapons Ill recommend are the Sword of Might, Sword of Battle, or a mundane Halberd. Armour wise, Armour of Damnation or Enchanted Shield. Other, Gaze of the Gods.
    Ill take a look through the army book and see what ese i could add to this, thats off the top of my head.

Yep I know Demon can not go in Furies unit, was just intending to use them as cover (like the warhounds for the other units).
    Cool, dont be scared to throw him into a fight though. Although not on his own againsyt units... heh you probably know all this...

I take it you think the champions extra attacks are better than the +1 CR?
    Indeed, in this case anyway. The Knight unit is small (best way to have them) and as with the Warriors, Combat Res should come from Kills, not Static Res. Ofcourse the BSB and FC in your Warriors made me see different in their case here.

Maruaders numbers and unmarked spawn were down to pts available - will re-jig the list and see if I can do this.
    cool

I took Fleshounds as they were Fast Cav and I figured I would need some Flank Protection. I know they have Frenzy but I was looking at their ability to do a free re-form, didnt really want to take Marauder Cav (dont like painting horses ) and I thought about just using more war hounds but they don't get the reform option.
    Fair enough, but for a sacrififial unit they are a bit expensive thats all. Playtest and see what you think.

Oops left the furies off, I have a unit of 6 in the Army Builder list I was writting this up from.
    Cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I have re-jigged the army a bit as I thought it was too small and the Lord and Demon were eating too many points. Also dropped the Flesh Hounds and added more marauders ogres and another spawn.

NEW LIST

Exhalted Chaos Champion - MOK, Stead, Gaze of the Gods, Sword of Might = 201pts
    (will go with knights)

Aspiring Champion - MOK, BSB, Collar of Khorne = 165pts
    (will go with Chaos Warriors - really like the collar as it gives whole unit MR2)

Exalted Demon - MOK, Might of Khorne, Spell Breaker = 305pts
    (will take cover with Furies)

5xChaos Knights - MOK, Full Command = 260pts

14xChaos Warriors - MOK, full command, Halbards & Shields = 313pts

20xMarauders - Full Command, Shield, Light Armour = 165pts

Chaos Chariot - MOK = 150pts

5xChaos Warhounds = 30pts
    (Used as screen)

6xChaos Warhounds = 36pts
    (Used as screen)

Spawn of Chaos = 60pts

Spawn of Chaos = 60pts

6xChaos Furies = 90pts

4xChaos Ogres - Gt Weapons = 164

Total 1999pts, 8 Dispel Dice, 67 models

Comments greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Id say if possily, turn the Orges into Minotaur, the extrs WS is well worth it. Loose a Warhound and the Knights banner for the Pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the comment but I have the Ogre figures (painted and ready to go) and don't have any Minotaurs .

Overall do you think it is a more rounded army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Yes, i definitely like the look of it more.

+ Reply to Thread