1250 Khorne Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 Khorne Friendly

Hey guys, I'm playing a friendly tourney with some friends, and as such, everyone has agreed to let me use the old rules for WoC. (I'm not a big fan of the new ones...no dispel for khorne = squishy) I'd really like to get some input on this. I'm using the last book for Hordes of Chaos rules, not the emergency White Dwarf list. Thanks, guys!

-Kevin

Exalted Champ
    Mark of Khorne
    Sword of Striking
    Crimson Armour of Dargan
    TOTAL: 185

10x Chaos Warriors (chosen)
    add'l Hand Weapon
    Mark of Khorne
    Full Cmd
    Banner of Rage
    TOTAL: 355

5x Chaos Knights (chosen)
    Mark of Khorne
    Champ, Std. Bearer
    TOTAL: 310

15x Chaos Marauders
    Base
    Flails
    Full Cmd
    TOTAL: 115

5x Warhounds--xx Pts

Bloodbeast of Khorne--xx pts

Chaos Spawn--xx pts

Chaos Chariot--xxx pts

TOTAL ARMY COST: 1250 pts

Last edited by Phoenix; June 10th, 2008 at 04:27. Reason: removing point costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I'm sure a mod will tell you, you aren't allowed to list component point costs when posting a list, presumably even though it's out of date. So unless a mod beats you too it, you'll want all the point costs except for unit totals out of there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, Khorne Lord! I appreciate the help and any insight you might have into my army list...if you don't mind.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Good one for removing the componants costs, although ie also just removed the costs of things which are costs for one model etc.

As for the list itself.... I think the Sword of Might and Ao Damnation would be better for the Ext Champ.

Drop the Marauders Flails and give them HW/S/LA, make them 20 strong atleast, 25 if you can.

Lose the Knights Standard.

As for the Warriors.. i think Chosen is a no for now, and also the banner and magic banner, its a lot of points in a small unit. Id say drop all that and get 2 more Warriors into the unit, and add Shields. Although.. depending on the pts left over, possibly keep them Chosen now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, Phoenix...sorry I didn't mark the other costs out...still learning....I get what you're saying about that list...the problem is just getting the extra models right now...tight budget and such...eventually yes, because I know I'm gearing up for an eventual 2000 pt. army, but it's bit-by-bit....

I do have another list that I'd like to get some input on...this one is another 1250 pt. list, this one however IS using the new WD army list...should i start a new thread for that, or continue in this one?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Whichever you like But id say start it in a new thread, may be seen more.

As for limits on cash etc i can fully understand that. How about.. sticking to 1K for now? Or 1150 or something. Basicvally play at the level of what you have, instead of having to push yourself to reach an target where you will be weaker.

Should be ok so long as you have the 2 extra Warriors, which you should as they come in 16 yea?

+ Reply to Thread