1000pts using Rumuors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts using Rumuors

EDIT: Some points costs removed due to GW Copyright. -Spector

So, starting a WoC list using the Rumuors found here: Chamber of the Everchosen -> The Awaited Chaos Summary

Comments are appreciated.

Exalted Champion 120pts
    *Shield
    *Favoured

Sorcerer

Chaos Warriors 270pts
    *15 Members
    *Shield
    *Full Command

Beastmen (Marauders) 170pts
    *30 Members
    *Shield
    *Full Command

Horsemen 105pts
    *5 Members
    *Spear and Shield
    *Full Command

Knights of Chaos 250pts
    *5 Members
    *Full Command

Simple, really. Warriors and Beastmen advance on front doing as much damage as they can. Exalted Champion goes with Beastmen for additional damage. Horsemen take out War Machines and/or ranged units. Knights go for hardest enemy unit (Iron Breakers, Storm Vermin, etc.). Sorcerec uses Lore of Fire and supports army, while providing magical defence.

Last edited by Spector; October 3rd, 2008 at 07:05.
    When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.

Alarm clock? Genestealers.
    Your boss? Genestealers.
    The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

-40k Online

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

sounds okay to me

sound good to me, do you got already the minis or you planning to get them ?
    This is my Bolter. There is many like it but this one is mine. My bolter is my best hobby.....And i still hate dragons. Find out More at http://necrohammer-at-war.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planning to get them.

Getting Chaos Warriors this month.

Your boss? Genestealers.
    The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

-40k Online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by chosen40k View Post
    [COLOR="Red"]
    Exalted Champion 120pts
    *Shield
    *Favoured

This guy needs to be mounted in my opinion. Also a magic weapon such as the Chaos Runesword or even the Axe of Khorne for the Ward Save would be a good investment.

Sorcerer

If he's a level 1 Sorcerer, he needs to have Dispel Scrolls in my opinion or an item that adds Dispel Dice to your pool. If not he needs to be level 2 and given some things to help him offensively.

Chaos Warriors 270pts
    *15 Members
    *Shield
    *Full Command

Personally I think Chaos Warriors work best with a frontage of 6, not 5. They are too expensive to worry about rank bonuses (leave that to Marauders) and they want to maximize the number of models in the front rank for the maximum number of attacks and kills. I'd shoot for either 12 or 18 strong.

Beastmen (Marauders) 170pts
    *30 Members
    *Shield
    *Full Command

Too big. This unit is just asking to be flanked hard. At 1000 points, 20 should be fine. For larger games, 25 is a good size as well. I'd never go larger than 25 though as it is a waste of points. Also, get rid of the champion in my opinion he really doesn't serve much purpose unless he's guarding the Sorcerer. If that is the case, then he's ok sticking around I guess.

Horsemen 105pts
    *5 Members
    *Spear and Shield
    *Full Command

Ok first off you don't need either the Champion or Banner in this unit. No champ because he isn't worth that many points for 1 extra attack. And the unit is so small that it can easily be beaten in combat or shot to death, and you don't want to hand your opponent the free VP for capturing a standard. Also, drop the spears and give them Flails. Gives you a harder hitting charge. Also, I'd think about Mark of Nurgle for them possibly.

Knights of Chaos 250pts
    *5 Members
    *Full Command

I'd try to find the points for a 6th Knight. Drop the Standard unless you're going to take a magic banner with them. Champion is iffy, you might be able to spend the points better elsewhere.
    My comments are listed in the quote in green. Just a general note, even if you are using proxy models for another unit (atleast I'm assuming you're using Beastmen models for Marauders) it's best to list the units real name in the entry. At first glance I thought your list was illegal as it included Beastmen in it, and there are no Beastmen units in the current Warriors of Chaos Army Book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments. List revised.

Exalted Champion 165pts
    *Shield
    *Steed
    *Rending Sword

Sorcerer 110pts
    *Scroll

Chaos Warriors 210pts
    *12 Members
    *Shield
    *Full Command

Marauders 140pts
    *20 Members
    *Shield
    *Full Command

Horsemen 81pts
    *5 Members
    *Flails
    *Musician

Knights of Chaos 295pts
    *6 Members
    *Musician and Standard
    *War Banner

Total: 1001pts
    Last edited by chosen40k; October 4th, 2008 at 02:34.

Your boss? Genestealers.

-40k Online

+ Reply to Thread