2500 Kholek Dragon ogre list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

2500 Kholek Dragon ogre list

Kholek

Sorcerer
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer

20 maruaders shields + FC

5 Dragon Ogres w 2hw
    5 Dragon Ogres w 2hw

Shaggoth w/ 2hw
    Shaggoth w/ 2hw

Comments and critisisms welcome.

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing i would be concerned about is the use of Marauders in blocks, i don't think there ever worth the points with a no real armour save and no ability to cause damage there more of just a 1 turn charge screen where your hoping that if you opponent is unlucky that the +4 combat res from ranks and standard is gonna win you the fight.

I made a 2000 points with kholek the only main difference is that i used trolls and troll king instead of the expensive ogre and gave a pair of mages dispel scrolls, to be a little more effective in your opponents turns.

From that im pretty sure you could just manipulate the list to incorporate dragon ogre's with in them and if your afraid of a low model counts in not to sure on how much effect it would have on a game because usually down my local shop allot of small units don't do much even with +3 or 4 to combat res at start of turn.

In this list i would just be tempted to get rid of a sorcerer and just put in a unit of horseman and cut all the marauders down to 15s if you insisted in keeping them in the list, and hopefully you should be able to afford a couple of helpful upgrades on existing mages and units, thats my tupence worth neway.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

5 may be a bit wide, id say cut the DOs down to 4 each.

Oh, and something needs a GW! Load both Shaggoths up with them (Also, do they have armour options in WoC? Im based on Beasts here lol)

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

If I drop the 15 maruaders as instructed, swap shields for light armour and add in great weapons this leaves me with 30 points to spend. I can then remove the 3rd sorcerer and give the other two some serious gear. Thinking extra levels, powerfamiliar, skull of katam and the book of secrets maybe.

Do you think I should keep the light armour? It would free up more points to add in more magic stuff and maybe give some of the beasties great weapons.

Dan

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    5 may be a bit wide, id say cut the DOs down to 4 each.

Oh, and something needs a GW! Load both Shaggoths up with them (Also, do they have armour options in WoC? Im based on Beasts here lol)
    Can 5 wide not get all there attacks in? Im not sure what base size they are on.

Shaggoths come with light armour and 5+ scaly save. Id like some GWs, points are limited though at moment

Dan
    Last edited by danjones87; November 9th, 2008 at 01:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just from looking at your list you might want to consider some hounds... great screen, able to capture table quarters (if they survive) and in my personal experience people will take a unit to fire at them (and with the units your using it is always nice to have a throw away unit being fired at). Not too sure how I would free up some points for them but hey its a 30 pt unit that is suppose to die...

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    Can 5 wide not get all there attacks in? Im not sure what base size they are on.
    They are on 40 (maybe 50 ) mm bases, but its not attacking that's the issue, its manoeuvrability. They may end up unwillingly clipping terrain, slowing them down.

+ Reply to Thread