2000 pts Khorn + Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Khorn + Fluff

All Feedback will be greatly appreciated thank you very much:

Since the Defeat of Asavar Kul the Kurgan Chiefs had made war amongst themselves to find a worthy warlord once again. For centuries no such warlord appeared and the eastern stepp continued to be stained with the blood of mighty Kurgan warriors unwilling to agree on a leader. Amidst this turmoil Bledda rose to power within his tribe determined to unite the kurgan horde once more. Bledda began by challenging neighboring chieftans to duels to the death for the command of their respective tribes. Fearfull of the bloodcrazed wrath of Bledda and his mounted hordes the Kurgan warriors of weaker chieftans often killed thier own chieftan to appease Bledda's wrath.

Bledda was now unchallenged in the eastern stepp and his name spread throughout the realm of chaos. It was said that a Warlord worthy of Asavar Kul's Legacy had returned to the Kurgans. Hearing of the might of the new Warlord of the Kurgan Archaon The Everchosen Sent word to Bledda commanding his horde to prepare for yet another Grand Campaign into the heart of the empire.

Upon reception of Archaon's message Bledda was overjoyed that his axe would soon be covered in the blood of lesser men. Bledda now belived that he was the reincarnation of the great Asavar Kul and assumed the name Bledda Kul. Bledda Kul prepared his Frenzied host of Kurgans to asault deep into the heart of the empire determined to succeed where Asavar Kul had failed.

Bledda Kul's Kurgan Hoard

Lord

Chaos Lord (Bledda Kul) 359
    +Axe Of Khorne
    +Chaos Runeshield
    +Chaos Armor
    +Favour Of The Gods
    +Mark Of Khorne
    +Barded Chaos Steed

Hero

Chaos Sorcerer 135
    +2 dispell scrolls
    I saw an interesting idea to for modeling a sorcerer as a banner with a dead wizard strung on it i think thats what I'm gonna do for this

Core

3 Units of 7 Marauder Horsemen 172 each
    +Mark of Khorne
    +Flails
    +Light Armor
    +Warhorse
    +Full Command

5 Units of 5 Chaos Warhounds 30 each

Special

3 Units of 5 Chaos Knights 280 each
    +Mark of Khorne
    +Ensorcelled Weapons
    +Shields
    +Chaos Armor
    +Barded Chaos Steeds
    +Full Command
    Bledda's original Tribe

Totals 2000pts 63 Models

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, I like it. One thing though, why not save some points by taking away that lights armour of you horsemen and their banners too and relace it with a juggernaut? Same movement, magic ress 1 and fear.

Just a thought
    Martijn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I'm doing a Khorne Cavalry list and I came up with one that was pretty efficient the other day. I do like the look of yours however. Good job. Also I like the idea for the representing sorceror. Nothing worse than having to go against the fluff and taking a sorceror in a Khorne list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I would take a lord on jugger and a few units of warhounds to block the knights. You depend heavily on charges and breaking the opponent on the first charge, because you doesnt have enought manpower to sustain a drawn out combat. So to maximize charging damage I would go with lances on the knights. Also remember that the Marauder Horsemen ceases to be Light Cavalry when they have both light armour and shields. Fighty marauders should have flails for the same reason ss the knights have lances.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really like that list, but I agree with above about dropping the banners on the marauders and trying to fid points for a jugger for lord, on that he'll be unstoppable. the frenzied maraudres will have a hard time staying alive, and I half decent opponent should ba able to claim the banner points, and they cause so much hurt on the charge that other light tropps will be blown away anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the input i think i am gonna make those changes

+ Reply to Thread