Demon Prince 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demon Prince 2250

Alright, so with the new release of the warriors of chaos, I decided I wanted to maybe revive my first army. I started collecting when I didn't even know the rules so I ended up with big fancy lords (mainly lord on dragon and demon prince).

This list will most likely be changed very soon, but I was originally aiming at a magic heavy list so here it goes:

Demon Prince:
    Level 4 Wizard
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Tendrils of Tzeentch

Sorcerer
    Level 2 wizard
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Power familiar
    Scroll

Sorcerer
    Level 2 wizard
    mark of Tzeentch
    Scroll x 2

------------------------

5 Warhounds
    5 Warhounds
    5 Warhounds
    5 Warhounds

16 Marauders
    Full command
    16 Marauders
    Full command

12 Warriors
    Shields
    12 Warriors
    Shields

---------------------------
    10 Knights
    Full command
    Blasted Standard
    Mark of Tzeentch

------
    89 models
    10 power dice (one re rollable)

I am kind of not feeling this list so much because 160 points to make a level 4 wizard out of my demon prince is a lot. Also, half of the points of the list is into the 10 knights and demon prince, so that might not be the best thing.

Input would be wonderful because I haven't really been able to find anything about the demon princes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

make the knights 2 units of 5 both marked by tzeench with champions
    this change saves you 30pts and gains you infinite versitility

drop the prince for a scorceror lord

scorceror lord 385pts
    lvl4
    MoT
    spell familiar
    book of secrets
    enchanted shield
    cunjoined homunculus
    Disk of tzeench

this saves you 150pts

180pts is enuff for anouther scorceror so

scorceror 175pts
    lvl2
    MoT
    infernal pupet

not bad if even if i do say so myself!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although DPs are very expensive to upgrade to a level 4 wizard i always keep one in my army, i use him to mash up light cavalry, weaken heavy units with magic and destroy war machines, plus it also adds a nice centerpiece

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

I'm having trouble with my army list some replies would be helpful (BTW ive tried the army list forums noone replies)
    DP-hellfie+aether swords-lvl 4 tzeentch wizard (might change to nurgle) 575 pts
    5 chaos knights/ mark of nurgle / banner of wrath/ fullt command 335 pts
    Chaos warriors/ full command/ MoN/ banner of wrath 243 pts
    exalted hero / aether sword/ MoN/ Bloodcurdling roar- 193 pts
    Exalted hero / chaotic steed/ hellfire sword/ MoN 220
    3 trolls- 135
    lvl 2 socrerer / MoS/ chaotic steed- 213 pts
    BTW im 13 so i make as much things as i can out of my old Orcs and gobbos army - you guys never seem to take actual money into consideration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rabitshadow View Post
    3 trolls- 135
    BTW im 13 so i make as much things as i can out of my old Orcs and gobbos army - you guys never seem to take actual money into consideration

Is it me or the bolded part says the DP carries magic weapons? If so then its illegal as DPs cannot bring any magic items. Tendrils is the only reason you ever want a DP. MoN has it uses. Fly the DP into the center of the army and cast Rot, Glorious Rot. It has 3-foot diameter range and can distrupt the entire army's ranks.

Please post the link to your thread so others can properly give you suggestions so we don't make this thread OOT.

I don't know about the others but I DO take account financial aspects of building the army. All (if I buy the plastic DP) of my army will be all-plastic, including the Chaos Dragon and Dragon Ogres.

On Topic:
    1] Separate the Chaos Knights into two units. Both will not need or even benefit from the Champion upgrade. I don't think they can take double magic standards? Give one Rapturous and the other Blasted for cheapness. Or, if you're experienced with frenzy, just give them MoK and leave it like that. Just screen them with your many hounds.

2] Units of 16 Marauders are asking to be demolished. Merge them into a big unit of 30-35, Light Armor, Shields, MoS, full command. Gives them loads of static combat resolution compared to easily demolished units of 16.

3] At least mark the Warriors MoS. Or, take two units of ten with halberds and shields so they can actually kill something. Musicians can keep them in combat longer.

3] I don't think you'll need a third caster since the army is lacking on the hitty department. Either exchange one for a Hero on Disc or Nurgle them both for sniper casters.

*] You have 11 PD by the way. 4 from the DP, 4 from both sorcerer, 2 by default, and 1 from Familiar. This way the DP can have 4+2+1 for himself to cast spells, 5 of which to cast Infernal Gateway reliably.

4] DP are great since they have access to Tendrils which allows greater chance to cast Infernal Gateway and less chance for miscasts from doing so. Remember: he is not a fighty character. So hide him is save places. Only the first spell from Lore of Tzeentch needs LoS so he'll be okay to cast most stuff while hiding.
    Last edited by Black_katZ; March 7th, 2009 at 11:28.
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by rabitshadow View Post
    Although DPs are very expensive to upgrade to a level 4 wizard i always keep one in my army, i use him to mash up light cavalry, weaken heavy units with magic and destroy war machines, plus it also adds a nice centerpiece

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

I'm having trouble with my army list some replies would be helpful (BTW ive tried the army list forums noone replies)
    3 trolls- 135
    Start your own thread rather high jacking someone else's please.

To the OP: Here's what I reckon:

Characters: Good, I like what you've done here. Remember, Sorcerers can mount Steeds and take the Enchanted Shield to help keep them alive longer - you could drop one scroll to achieve this easier. Fury of the Blood God will help keep the DP alive longer against spells (MR2 and 3+ ward against spells rocks) - laugh in the face of Tzeentch Daemons!

Core: Not really liking what you've done with the Marauders. Full command but no equipment? If they're designed to die, and just get in the enemy's way, take off the command. If you want them to actually fight, give them great weapons at the very least, some armor would be good and up them to 20 strong (16 is kinda weird in 7th ed...need 5 wide to get ranks)

I also find I do OK with 3 mainstay infantry units - Marauders at 18 strong, Warirors at 18 strong then Warriors at 12 strong. If you dropped one unit, you could then beef up the rest and get some Marauder Horsemen in to cover your flanks.

Special: Knights should be in 2 units, no doubt about it. The Knights in my army are 6 strong with the Banner of Rage and mark of Tzeentch- frenzy makes these guys absolute killers, and with all the Hounds you've managed to fit in, it's certainly something for you to consider.

Rare: I'd love to see a Giant or Hellcannon in this list, but with all the magic you've fit into it, I can see why you'd need to shave points by omitting rare choices - let the Magic do the killing instead!

Cool list overall, just a few small things there to consider

Tim

+ Reply to Thread