Fluffy Undivided Chaos 2000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Fluffy Undivided Chaos 2000 pts

Please leave some comment, this is the army I'm currently building so I do not have most of the models yet and I am therefore open to all suggestions. I am currently writing fluff for this army revolving around how the northman Eric came to grow into a powerful Chaos Lord, marked by the Raven God and destined to live until vanquished by fiery magic (this is what will hurt him the most, see his wargear).

Chaos Lord Eric 349 pts
    Shield, Chaos Steed, Mark of Tzeentch
    Biting Blade, Crown of Everlasting Conquest,
    Armor of Morrslieb, Favor of the Gods

Eric goes with the smaller unit of Chaos Knights

Chaos Sorcerer Makhelix Troll Tamer 191 pts
    Level 2 Wizard, Chaos Steed, Mark of Slaanesh
    x2 Dispel Scrolls

Makhelix goes with the Troll unit

Chaos Sorcerer Proxius Raveneye 190 pts
    Level 2 Wizard, Disc of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch
    Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk

Core

5 Marauder Horsemen 101 pts
    Flails, Javelins, Light armor, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Marauder Horsemen 90 pts
    Throwing Axes, Shields, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds 30 pts

5 Warhounds 30 pts

12 Chaos Warriors 232 pts
    Halberds, Hand Weapons, Shields, Mark of Slaanesh
    Standard Bearer, Musician

Special

5 Chaos Trolls 225 pts

6 Chaos Knights 300 pts
    Musician, Standard, Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Knights 260 pts
    Musician, Standard, Mark of Nurgle

Points Total: 1998 pts

Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

It's just too bad they removed the Undivided Mark. It gives two options. Either you give every unit in the army different Marks, or you give no unit in the army any Mark. It's just the way I see it.
    Trolls are cool, but I would go with Dragon Ogres instead. More hitting power with great weapons.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Undivided = Not divided = Giving the appropriate mark to the appropriate unit.

I do consider Dragon Ogres, as they are quite cool. Trolls feel a bit more challenging though, I guess I'll have to try both out and see. The trolls might just be extremely frustrating! Great weapons are great, though. There is no better can opener unit in this army than the 3 Dragon Ogres with GWs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Dont forget that troll bases are big, so a unit of 5 will be extremely difficult to maneouvre.

I would drop the unit to 3 and use the leftover points for more hounds. 1 unit of warriors and 2 units of knights need some serious meatshields.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

5 Trolls is pretty big, 3 would be fine and much easier to move around.

I'd swap out the Bronze Armor for a Spell Familiar so you have a better chance of getting Infernal Gateway or Pandaemonium.

With the points saved from Trolls, more hounds and Marauder Horsies are always good, maybe some Spawn.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~The advantage to a big unit of trolls is this: you attract a lot of firepower. Lots of 4+ regen saves, and a lot of EotG rolls. More trolls that can die and leave the remaining trolls superpowered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

129 (x8)

Yeah, I'm thinking about cutting away a Troll from there. But I can always put a troll on the rear rank to make it more manouverable if it gets too unwieldy. Because with the Wizard in there, this unit measures 27,5 cm, almost 11"! It is not too bad though, it gives my a broad front and I COULD try to use them to shield my Warriors. It gets a bit risky since they are stupid though. Also remember, as Quendi d'Jhaelian said, that the more trolls you have, the more will be alive to reap the benefits of their Mutant Regeneration rule after they have started taking wounds! I measured it and cut it out in paper and put it on the table. It is more than a little intimidating... having that lurch toward you with M 6 should protect the Warriors from firepower rather well.

In any case, I could drop them down to 4 but I don't want to go lower really.

My friend suggested that I should take the Musicians and Standard bearers off the Knights and buy more Hounds instead, what do you say about this? Are the Knights fine without the extra static combat res? They should be, shouldn't they?

For those 60 points from the Knights I can get another 10 Hounds! Or something else, would you suggest anything different? Perhaps I instead of buying the Hounds I should take away a Troll from the list and having 112 points to spare I could buy more Horsemen. But I reckon I need more numbers... as you say Mr_Wayne, my buddy said I need more numbers as well.

I might just get rid of that Bronze Armor! How would you model a spell familiar? Does he have a base of his own or do I stick him on my Sorcerer on disk-base?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use the 112 points to get another unit of marauder horsemen.

trolls sound fun on paper but stupidity can make or break their worth, a couple rounds of that and you're fighting with an army that has a big chunk of its points invested in a short yellow bus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Mutation on the Trolls is good, but it doesnt make them any less of a liability than they already are. They can get super strong and all, but in that crucial moment when they need to just obey you know they wont, and you will lose the battle. Murphys Law.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sorcerer you were going to put in with the trolls is already on a mount, so I would suggest trying the unit out with trolls as you have them and then try running it with the Dragon Ogres. I think the Dragon ogres will perform better, but you never know until you try. I like the list though, so good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast