1000pts - is it too cruel?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x7)

1000pts - is it too cruel?!

our store has started up the book of grudges staff challenges again, and my fellow monkies think i may have gone a bit too far with the utter jerkiness of a 1000pts nurgle list... wondering what you all think of this;

exalted champion w/mark of nurgle, chaos armour, filth mace, favour of the gods, barded chaos steed

Lv2 sorcerer w/mark of nurgle, power familiar, sword of battle, chaos armour.

Lv1 sorcerer w/mark of slaanesh, rod of torment, chaos armour.

10 marauders

10 chas warriors w/hand weapon + shield. champ + standard w/festering shroud.

5 knights w/mark of nurgle.

the only reason my game was close is because i rolled nothing but 1's with the chaos knights... they killed... NOTHING!!! they bounced off of high elven archers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i went up against;
    Lv2 mage w/annulian crystal
    Lv2 mage w/jewel of the dusk
    2x bolt throwers
    12x archers
    15x sword masters w/FC & banner of arcane protection.

i wiped him out to the last elf... but i only had 9 chaos warriors left thanks to my amazing ability to fail 5 out of 5 armour saves on the useless knights!

so, did i go too far with this list?! any way to be an even bigger jerk?!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Dallas, Texas
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

It depends, how useful is the Slaanesh sorcerer to you?

I would consider dropping him for some warhound units and maybe to beef up the marauders a bit (flails or something, maybe a Mark of Slaanesh).

I just think that at 1k, a couple warhound units are excellent for capturing quarters and if a warhound unit does manage to capture a quarter, it just tripled its own points. They are also excellent at flank attacks in conjunction with knights, ensuring that even if the knights do badly you still have a decent chance of winning combat.

As a side note, I can't believe that people thought your list was more jerky than that high elf monstrocity! 2 bolt throwers, a large unit of swordmasters, and effectively 5 levels of magic at 1k!

Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; December 27th, 2008 at 14:09.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

13 (x1)

Thats not too bad at all. Makes me feel guilty for using 2 units of knights.

+ Reply to Thread