MoS
F.C
Halbreds
Shields

4x5 hounds - XX

2x5 Knights
Khorne

1997/2000

Looking for comments ideas and criticism. Everything will be greatly appreciated :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Drop the knights & 2 squads of hounds bulk up the warrior squads 3 units of 15. Then bring 2 warshrines allowing re-rolls on the gift of the god chart. Use Valkyrie's ability to re-roll the results, and just bounce the need where- ever. Your base 3+ save vs shooting while at T4 is incredible. March straight ahead and smashy. It worked incredibly well vs my skaven. Even when I ranked and flanked my opponent the fact that if I didn't do a wound my opponent could aim 6 attacks base at the flank squad was enough to gain back the +2 res for ranks that were negative.

Get ride of the halberds please, just stick with your shields its more than enough vs other armies. With the re-rolls of gift of the gods you can really torque up a squad nicely. If you really want something mounted take Maruarder horseman with flails.

#3 · (Edited)
I love the halberds, personally. Gives you maximum versatility against all comers for a mere +2 points per model (w/ shields). You'll either rock the terrifying 2+ save should you decide to receive a charge with HW/S, or enjoy the crushing goodness of 2 (3 w/ MoK) St5 attacks at I5 per model. Totally worth it, in my opinion, especially in a situation where your enemy is an unknown quantity. Maybe this becomes less beneficial with a Warshrine in play, I cannot say, as I've yet to field one.

Of course, to each their own. Good luck!

#4 ·
Valkia - XX

Sorcerer
MoT
Dispel Scroll
talisman of protection
Disc
Lvl 2

2x12 chaos warriors
F.C
MoK
Halbreds
Shields

10 Maurauders
MoS
L.A
Shield

4x5 hounds - XX

3 Choas Ogers
MoK

2x5 Knights
Khorne

1997/2000

This is an edited version of the list, basicaly decided i would drop 12 warriors of slaanesh for 10 mauraders and 3 ogres. Again comments and criticism are greatly appreciated :D

#5 ·
I think your infnatry units are a bit small for my liking. I would drop a unit of knights to bulk up the warrior units to 15 per side. I would then drop the marauders and go for a unit of 5 marauder horsemen with the Mark of Khorne, flails, light armour and full command. The riders kick out 11 S5 attacks whilst the horses get 10 S3 attacks. In the following turn, should you fail to break the enemy you still have 20 S3 attacks.

JvK B)

#6 ·
One Question. It's a Valkia army. Khornes personal bit on the side.

Why is there a unit of 10 Marauders with Slaanesh in there? Go for a unit of say 10 or 12 with flails and Khorne nothing else. It's a nasty little terror unit that is pretty expendable. Thats 20-22 attacks at str5 for what? 60pts?

Also i can't see Valikia putting up with a Sorcerer in her midst, At the very least he should be beaten up, chained, flayed and there only to dispel magic. You could drop the Sorcerer and have an exalted champion of Korne wielding something nasty.

Also i agree with Dfred, I've got a unit with Halberds and shields and it opens up lots of doors during the game. They generally do really well.

#7 ·
I can't see Valikia putting up with a Sorcerer in her midst, At the very least he should be beaten up, chained, flayed and there only to dispel magic. You could drop the Sorcerer and have an exalted champion of Korne wielding something nasty.
I agree, I can't see Valkia in an army of anything other than Khorne, she'd spend all her time killing them rather than the enemy.

#8 · (Edited)
I am also making a valkia list. with some slaneesh maruaders.

Bare with this for theme :dance:

So going with the new chaos mind set that the 4 Gods no longer hate each other.

I am taking dark elf witch bodies(no heads or weapons) converting them with chaos deamonette heads and marauder weapons. So I now have a very sexy female marauder unit.

Now these marauders are a gift from slannesh (the God of pleasure) to khorne and his army. After all even Khorne warriors need some booty here and there. They entertain the men when not in war and are used as fodder when battles break out.

This may be a stretch but in my mind it works.

In regards to the sorcorrer. In my theme I made him a Lvl 1 with 2 dispel scrolls. Basically Valkia hates magic, so she has beaten the will power out of this mage (thats why he is only lvl1) and uses the pathetic creature to dispel the foul magic. I view valkia as a cunning master of the slaughter (no frenzy to support this) So since she is the mistress of Khorne with no frenzy I can see her holding back her KILL KILL ALL rage and use cunning inntelect to abuse this LVl 1 wizard for the betterment of her army.
I think with enough story it all can fit well :soldier:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.