1000 Point Starter List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Starter List

Hi there!

I've recently been convinced to start a Warhammer army and I've chosen Warriors of Chaos on the basis of being given some Chaos Warriors and Marauders as well as the army just having had a new book done.

So here it is, first attempt:

Wulfric the Wanderer (185)
    Lvl 2 Chaos Sorcerer with MoT & Book of Secrets (165)
    12 Chaos Warriors with Shields & FC (222)
    12 Chaos Warriors with Shields & FC (222)
    20 Chaos Marauders with Light Armour, Shields & FC (140)
    6 Chaos Warhounds (36)
    5 Chaos Warhounds (30)

Total (1000)

Comments, constructive critisism and advice much appriciated!

If green power armour is good enough for the Fallen One, then its good enough for the rest of us...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Good choice. If you're gonna dedicate your soul to a god it might aswell be the side that wins!!!

I'd swap the book of secrets for a plain old power familiar or the rod of Torment.
    I'm not a great fan of the book of secrets (probably because i miscast alot).
    If you've got the power familiar you'll have 5 Dice. thats 2 for the Flickering fire and 3 for your other nasty spell. so you should be getting both off.

Or if you go for the Rod of Torment, you've got one dice for Flickering fire. Which is still easy to cast with one dice, still have 3 dice for your nasty big spell and you've got a bound Magic missile.

Other than that your list is looking pretty rock solid. I'd advise taking halberds AND sheilds for your warriors to give you a bit of Flexibility. but you'd have to possibly ditch the unit Champions of your warriors to find the points

Oh, Marauder champions aren't really worth it. (trust me) 1 extra Str3 attack is't great lol.

Other than that, sorted
    Where do you plan to go from here? Any more ideas to make it up to 1500?
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 2nd, 2009 at 21:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, unit champions on marauders seem indispensable really, remove their armor and give them great weapons and the mark of nurgle, this way they are hard to hit, and even if they are hit with 5 frontage, you've at least got two str 5 attacks coming back from them as the unit champion will always attack.

I guess I should test out the light armor/shield/handweapon combo, it just seems to me everything they come up against has at least a -1 or -2 to the save, and then your looking at 5-6 to save them, 33% chance. either way the list looks good to start, I might drop the hounds to be honest, unless you plan on charging down archers or a gun line. the only thing they are good for I've found so far is baiting enemy cavalry into a failed charge bringing them into charge range for your warriors/chosen/marauders.

hrmm seems like I've provided conflicting advice lol, ah well, im insane anyways
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

+ Reply to Thread