Competitive Nurgle 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competitive Nurgle 2k

NEW LIST ON PAGE 2

Hey guys, need some help, im after a nurgle-ish list focused on being very competitive.

And so no one fluff-attacks me my base storyline is that my rising Nurgle Sorc Lord has been subjugating local WoCs in the name of all thats unclean!

The one figurehead ive been wanting to work around is the Palanquin Sorcerer/Lord, i just made a terrific model so I want it to be the centerpeice (or at least included )

Sorcerer Lord, Level 4, MON, Palanquin, Glaive of Putrification, Enchanted shield, Infernal Puppet, bloodcurdling roar. 430
    Chaos Sorcerer, MON, Level 1, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar- 155
    Exalted Hero- BSB- Banner of the Gods, Chaos Steed, Flail, Shield -285
    10 Chaos Warriors- Mark of Slannesh, Halberds, Shields- 180

5 hounds xx
    5 hounds xx
    5 Knights FC- MoN- Banner of Wrath- 325pts
    Hellcannon xxx
    The basic run with these guys is to keep the warriors togeather giving me a 4 inch bubble around the center group of warriors where the outside units are stubborn. The BSB and Lord hang in the middle doing what they do, and my bubos sniper is hanging where it is apporopate, knights flank with the hounds and the hellhound follows behind firing as it goes.
    Thanks for any help

Last edited by ztlambe; February 9th, 2009 at 17:02. Reason: Edit slight change in lord gear, (Swapped spellfamiliar for Puppet)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list, should work. Just one thing and that might be a more personel thing but I don't see the bloodcurling roar doing any damage since it's only strenght 1 NaS

---------- Post added at 098 ---------- Previous post was at 093 ----------

* No armour save allowed

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I dunno i've had awesome results from that little Gem. I know it's only Str1, But it does 2d6 hits and it ignores armour. Hell i've killed the army General for a Vampire army with it. it was worth the **pts then!!!

To be honest i like your army alot. I don't think i'd change much. I'm not a massive fan of the Glaive of Putrification. You're Sorcerer is only str4 so he'll never be wounding much anyway. A simple Sword of Might is pretty nasty upping him to Str5. Or if you want a fair whack of points the Rune sword makes a scorcerer lord into something quite good in combat. Almost exalted hero statline.

I think you might have some trouble against tooled up characters though. I mean a dedicated Combat hero/lord will cause you no end of trouble. Ok You have Buboes, but if they have any decent magical resistance you could be in for a little bit of trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I really really wanted to fit in a runeblade, im just haven trouble moven points around to make room for it. I feel Puppet is almost manditory with 2 casters, rollen 8 dice a turn and the chance with the hellcannon. Glave is there mostly because if he causes one wound hes safe from that hero and will win with the palaquin, even if he dies after dealing he potentially just crippled the guy, but yea i see where your comming from with the str 4, you think mabie the mace with poison attacks would be better, that way if he actually wins somthing he causes terror (not to mention its poisoned)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i learned today that mages cant use shields.... so there goes my wonderfuly armored Sorc lord I guess i could swap it for the bronze armor.

Btw got charged by a one of those "elder steggadons" delt it 1 spear wound oh man that was outta-this-world hilarious explaining that "the stat decrease never goes away" hahha

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ztlambe View Post
    Well i learned today that mages cant use shields.... so there goes my wonderfuly armored Sorc lord I guess i could swap it for the bronze armor.

Eh? Who told you that? Chaos sorcerers can. Page 106 of the book, it's just before the lores of magic. Bottom right theres a little bit about sorcerers and how they're different to other wizards. Says they can wear armour and use magical shields as they already wear armour

Yeah the poisoned sounds cool. I'm starting to love festus, he gives the whole unit poison! when thats on nurgle warriors with 2 hand weapons and the banner of rage. 20 attacks hitting on 3s with poison? yeeeowch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Since you're running the Banner of theGods, I'd swap a block of Warriors for a block of Marauders. You'd easily swap 10 Warriors for 20 Marauders, and gain one good tarpit.

Otherwise, looks good. The shields on sorcerers thing needs an FAQ, as there's conflicts between the rules. It's unclear whether whats on page 106 is fluff, or rules, and there's GW article that also states they can't, so it's a funny one.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

It's certainly written like fluff. But if GW didn't intend sorcerers to have shields then why on earth is it IN there in the first place???? Even if it WAS just fluff why write a whole section saying chaos Sorcerers are special in that they can use magic armour and shields and then not give them the option to? That would be as silly as cock flavoured lolly pop.

ANYWAY, enough talk about that.

Actually, Mr Tim I agree with. I fought a Nurgle marauder army. That WS4 and -1WS to your enemy is very nasty. My warriors hitting on 4's made a big difference. and with Stubborn they really Aren't gonna go anywhere. A big unit of 30 is pretty darn scary.

One thing you could try playing is 2 Warshrines instead of the Hell Cannon. That would buff up your foot sloggers quite nicely. Although i've not used a hell cannon yet so i'm a bit biased lol. But Marauders getting +1 Toughness or FEAR would be really nasty, Especially as your general/BSB is in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Hellcannon is well worth it. People forget what it can do in combat. It can move and shoot remember, and charge 12 inches, since it's a monster and handler. Moves through terrain too, according to the FAQ.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post
    Hellcannon is well worth it. People forget what it can do in combat. It can move and shoot remember, and charge 12 inches, since it's a monster and handler. Moves through terrain too, according to the FAQ.

Yeah i've heard that too, I mean the Hydra is the same and thats 'Monster and Handler'

Aye don't get me wrong, the helcannon looks good on paper but i've just not tried it. However i have tried Warshrines and they Rock!!! Although i'm adding a Cannon to the Army, Just wondering about getting 2. One for each flank or both charging up the center....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast