All Cav 2250 Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

All Cav 2250 Army

Lords

Daemon Prince
    Lvl 4
    Tendrils of Tzeentch

Hero

Exalted Hero
    BSB
    MoT
    Disc
    Banner of the Gods
    Additional Hand Weapon

Exalted Hero
    MoT
    Disc
    Shield
    Halberd

Sorcerer
    MoT
    Lvl 2
    Disc
    Infernal Puppet

Core

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Flails

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Flails

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Flails

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Flails

Special

5 x Chaos Knights
    MoN

5 x Chaos Knights
    MoN

Chaos Chariot

Rare

2 x Chaos Spawn

Power Dice: 8 | Dispel Dice: 5
    Total Points: 2249

Looking for any advice i can get, CC is more an welcome. The only thing i'm kinda worried about is really shooty armies (i.e. Dwarf or empire gunlines), or magic heavy armors with the lore of metal, i think they would probably eat this army up.

Thanks in advance.

2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good, though if i were you i would try to give the deamon a mark. I prefer MoT but thats just my opinion. MoN would work too. You could get the points by leaving one spawn home and then you can give the MoN to your DP and with the points left you can take musiciens for your knights.
    Martijn

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

To be honest. those spawn will probably never do anything. They're so slow compared to the rest of your army. Your army will probably have killed everything by the time your spawns get half way across the board.

if you can chuck in a power familiar on your Sorcerer and a scroll rather than the infernal puppet. I just think the extra power dice and the scroll will give you more.
    if you want to go for another nasty thing, the Exalted on Disc, give him the Rod of Torment. It will be another bound item on your already hideous casty death.

Also, Banner of the gods. Is it really needed in this army? You should be smashing into your enemy, killing loads and over running through them. The Banner of the gods is more of a Footsloggers army of attrition force. (well in my opinion anyway) You could get another Charriot for the same points. You could go for the Banner of Wrath on him to give every character in your army a missile attack.

Hope thats some ideas for you at least
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 6th, 2009 at 15:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

@ Martijn

I thought about giving the daemon a mark, but i kinda like the idea of being able to choose from 4 other lores, i will most likely try out MoT, MoN and unmarked at some point though. Thanks.

@ Borak

I wondered the same thing about the spawns, i just love the models i'll probably take them out and throw something else in there, not sure what exactly yet, maybe more marauder horsemen.
    I'll look into changing the items on the sorc/hero, but i quite like the idea of the banner of the gods in this army. Since each unit has relatively low unit str, it is in danger of losing to large r&f units due to static combat res, with the banner, theres a good chance they aren't going anywhere. As pinkus said in his thread, they keep winning combat, but they keep dying as the knights slowly hack through them. I amy change it, but at this point i doubt it.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

I've updated the list, changed a few things. I took out the BSB, and just made him a normal exalted hero, i also swapped the MoK's on the Marauder horse units for MoS, and added another one. I put MoK's on the spawns (i really wanna use em the models are cool and they sound fun as hell ) and swapped the MoN's on the knights for MoK for heavier hitting (let me know if this is a good idea, i'm not sure i like it or not.) I've also swapped out a few magic items for different things, and added a MoT to the Daemon Prince. As well as added 2 units of warhounds for tarpits, and flanking bonuses (if they can make it to combat).

Lords
    Daemon Prince – 495 Pts
    MoT – 15 Pts
    Lvl 4 – 120 Pts
    Tendrils of Tzeentch – 60 Pts

Hero
    Exalted Hero – 174 Pts
    MoT – 10 Pts
    Disc – 20 Pts
    Additional Hand Weapon – 4 Pts
    Book of Secrets – 25 Pts
    Shield – 5 Pts

Exalted Hero – 194 Pts
    MoT – 10 Pts
    Disc – 20 Pts
    Shield – 5 Pts
    Halberd – 4 PTs
    Rod of Torment – 45 Pts
    Favour of the Gods – 5 Pts

Sorcerer – 210 Pts
    MoT – 20 Pts
    Lvl 2 – 35 Pts
    Disc – 20 Pts
    Golden Eye of Tzeentch – 25 Pts
    Power Familiar – 25 Pts

Core
    5 x Chaos Warhounds – 30 Pts

5 x Chaos Warhounds – 30 Pts

5 x Marauder Horsemen – 95 Pts
    MoS – 10 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

MoS – 10 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

MoS – 10 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

MoS – 10 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

Special
    5 x Chaos Knights – 230 Pts
    MoK – 30 pts

MoK – 30 pts

Chaos Chariot – 120 Pts

Rare
    2 x Chaos Spawn – 150 Pts
    MoK x 2 – 40 Pts

Power Dice: 10 | Dispel Dice: 5
    Total Points: 2247
    Last edited by Ayliffe; February 6th, 2009 at 21:18.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Ahh a list after my own heart. And thanks for the reference earlier. Now onto the fun part.

The amount to get to a lvl4 sorcerer is 160 points, not 120. So you're already taking too many points.

As far as removing the banner of the gods. Why?!? During my theoryhammering on my list I thought the banner was expensive and worthless. I'd rather give magic weapons to my exalted and use the banner for more combat res. After 2 games with the flying banner of the gods, it will never ever ever leave my warriors list again. Its perfect. Terror bomber, stubborn maker. Not only does it make things stubborn, its a rerollable stubborn. At leadership 8 you have something like a 92% chance to hold.

If you follow my battle reports any from here:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...oc-v-bret.html
    You can see how that banner alone has won me games. With no rank and file you're almost always forced to charge somebody's front that you don't want to charge into. Except with the banner and a 1+ armor save unit you can pretty much expect that unit to still be there next turn. Charge in, setup your flank charges and just expect all that to go smoothly.

I love MoK and flail marauder horse. Last game(I haven't written a battle report yet) my opponent made a mistake and let my horsemen charge his terradons and I over ran into his salamanders and next turn overall into the front of saurus. The saurus ate them alive, after I killed 2 and knocked a rank off, but this cheap 105 point unit was able to capitalize in a huge way and clear out a flank. Moving them to slaanesh lets you control them more and they're slightly cheaper, but they effectively lose half their fighting power. You also don't need more than the minimum of 3 units. You just don't have the board space for so many horsemen units, so if you're looking for points, just take 3 units.

Back to the BSB, give him a flail and shield, not an extra hand weapon. The shields keeps him alive from ranged attacks and the flail makes me nasty, str7 on turn1, he can also fly. He becomes your chariot popper. Heck last game he went into a 0+ armor save oldblood and did some damage.

Mark of khorne can be nasty on knights, but I've had MoN work so good for me so many times, I can't drop it. The benefit from nurgle is, you can put a unit of knights infront of alot of WS3 badies(kroxigors, stegadons, ironbreakers, ect) and they have to hit you on 5s. They may get lucky, but you can't fight luck, you only can put yourself in the best possible position. Take kroxigors for example, 3 wide, 9 attacks, 3 hit, 2 wound 1 saves, now you got 8 attacks back, you'll win that combat.

Spawns are worthless because they're slow. I like the idea of them being unbreakable, but you'll out run them most of the time and they're too unpredictable and to be honest, too easy to kill.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Thanks for the reply pinkus.

First off, ya i added up the army again the other day and realized i really ****ed up the points. I just redid the list (again, this being roughly the bazillionth time) and i've added the banner again, also dropped the daemon prince for a sorcerer lord, and swapped a disc hero for a juggernaut hero to go in one of the knight units (which are now nurgle, you raise too many good points for me not too )

I took the spawns out to make room for the Banner, marked the marauders with MoK and dropped one unit, so now i'm at a loss as to what i should fill the points with. Any input would be great.

Heres the current list with roughly 90 points to spare:

Lords
    Sorcerer Lord – 430 Pts
    MoT – 20 Pts
    Lvl 4 – 35 Pts
    Disc – 20 Pts
    Golden Eye of tzeentch – 25 Pts
    Infernal Puppet – 35 Pts
    Crimson Armour of Dargen – 40 Pts
    Conjoined Homunculus – 20 Pts

Hero
    Sorcerer – 210 Pts
    MoT – 20 Pts
    Disc – 20 Pts
    Lvl 2 – 35 Pts
    Dispel Scroll – 25 Pts
    Power Familiar – 25 Pts

Exalted Hero – 319 Pts
    MoT – 10 Pts
    Disc – 20 Pts
    Shield – 5 Pts
    Flail – 4 Pts
    Blood Curdling Roar – 20 Pts
    BsB – 25 Pts
    Banner of the Gods – 125 Pts

Exalted Hero – 250 Pts
    MoK – 15 Pts
    Juggernaut – 50 Pts
    Shield – 5 Pts
    Axe of Khorne – 45 Pts
    Favour of the Gods – 5 Pts
    Fury of the Blood God – 20 Pts

Core
    5 x Marauder Horsemen – 105 Pts
    MoK – 30 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

MoK – 30 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

MoK – 30 Pts
    Flails – 10 Pts

5 x Chaos Warhounds - 30 Pts

5 x Chaos Warhounds - 30 Pts

Special
    MoN – 30 pts

MoN – 30 pts

Chaos Chariot – 120 Pts

Power Dice: 9 | Dispel Dice: 5
    Total Points: 2164
    Last edited by Ayliffe; February 9th, 2009 at 06:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you can't get Fury of the Blood God with Magic Items?

Other than that, looks reasonably a solid hammer. A few things from me:

Why the Crimson armor on the Lord? Personally I won't have him do any actual combat but that's up to you.
    I'd rather give him Skull of Katam and Spell Familiar so he can do more with his magic.
    Conjoined can help in casting but I personally don't want to deal with stupidity. He's only Ld 9 and I just won't risk it.

No musician and/or standards on the Knights? They can boost their combat resolution and I don't think you'd want them to break from combat.

I'd try squeezing in another chariot in, so they can either do combined charge (more nasty damage) or cover each flank, or both. Mark them to Slaanesh if you have the points?
    Last edited by Black_katZ; February 9th, 2009 at 12:09.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Standards on your knights are never bad. However, you have to be very careful with a frenzied character in a none frenzied unit. If you make a mistake and he charges out on his own, it could be devastating. You could leave 1 unit of knights as khorne and play test it. With an exalted with them it'll just get nasty when they can get into combat.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

@ Black Katz

A lot of the people i play against use a lot of cannons (a dwarf gunline, and an empire army for example) and i know they'll be gunning for that sorc, the armour ensures me that my main caster won't get shot to shit from one cannon ball. I was thinking about putting standards on the knights, it can't hurt right? For the Exalted, yes, you're right you can't i completely forgot about that, i guess he'll just get a flail or the collar.

@ Pinkus

I was honestly thinking about dropping him all together and putting a nurgle hero in one of the units, but it loses a lot of killing power that way. I'm not too sure as to whether or not i want to have one unit MoN and one MoK, but i guess i could try it out.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Alright, so i added standards, both are magic standards; Standard of Rage in the unit with the Exalted, and Rapturous standard in the other, in case that bsb isn't close enough. I kept both knight units at nurgle, the benefits are just too great, but now the one unit is frenzied... forever. They also have great magic defense, so any magic heavy army with lore of beasts can't make them a 500+ pts unit of stationary nothingness with the beast cowers. I changed the Khorne exalted's gear, now he has the collar of khorne, and a flail rather than axe of khorne and fury of the gods, as black katz pointed out, thats illegal. The chariot also has the MoS now, and with the final couple points i added light armour to the marauder horsemen, so they aren't quite as likely to get shot down by archers etc. So i think the list is almost finalized; as always advice is more than welcome.

Lords
    Sorcerer Lord
    MoT
    Lvl 4
    Disc
    Golden Eye of tzeentch
    Infernal Puppet
    Crimson Armour of Dargen
    Conjoined Homunculus

Hero
    Sorcerer
    MoT
    Disc
    Lvl 2
    Dispel Scroll
    Power Familiar

Exalted Hero
    MoT
    Disc
    Shield
    Flail
    Blood Curdling Roar
    BsB
    Banner of the Gods

Exalted Hero
    MoK
    Juggernaut
    Shield
    Flail
    Collar of Khorne
    Favour of the Gods

Core
    5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Light Armour
    Flails

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Light Armour
    Flails

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    MoK
    Light Armour
    Flails

5 x Chaos Warhounds

5 x Chaos Warhounds

Special
    5 x Chaos Knights
    Standard
    MoN
    Rapturous Standard

5 x Chaos Knights
    Standard
    Banner of Rage
    MoN

Chaos Chariot
    MoS

Power Dice: 9 | Dispel Dice: 5
    Total Points: 2248
    Last edited by Ayliffe; February 10th, 2009 at 02:42.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast