Wulfrik's 2000pt Friendly Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wulfrik's 2000pt Friendly Army

I know this was previously posted, but I had not looked at the rules on that one so I figured I'd just repost with the alterations needed. Sorry for the trouble.

Wulfrik

Exalted Hero
    Barbed Chaos Steed
    Shield
    Fury of the Blood God

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Lvl 2
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Rod of Torment

12 Warriors 15/Model
    Mark of Khorne
    Shields
    F.C

12 Warriors
    Mark of Khorne
    Great Weapons
    F.C

5 Marauder Horsemen
    Light Armor, Throwing Axes

5 Marauder Horsemen

9 Marauders
    Mark of Khorne
    Great Weapons, Light Armor

10 Marauders
    Mark of Khorne
    Shields, Light Armor
    F.C.

10 Marauders
    Mark of Khorne
    Shields, Light Armor
    Musician and SB

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

4 Knights
    Mark of Khorne
    F.C.

Warshrine

Total: 1998

So I was hoping to get some opinions on my list cause its one of the only ones I've seen with Wulfrik (although that may be because this is my first list with the new book). I think he can be useful and even maddening to an enemy who's busy fighting for their flanks and fronts. Any opinions, criticisms and help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your small 10 man units of marauders aren't worth it, turn one into a unit of 20 with wulfrik in it, turn the other into another knight or two for the unit of 4 knights. overall looks like a fun list, might consider switching the mark on the guys with the shields to nurgle though.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Heya matey,

I agree with Hurtinator, Think what you want the marauders for. Shields are if you want them in a long stand up fight. a unit of 10 just wont be around for long. If you want a nasty litle unit for flanking or a little terror unit then give them Khorne and great weapons/flails.

From Experience (Learned the hard way) Warriors with shields just can't kill enough. the lack of strength and armour modifier means they're just not killing enough for the fact they've got no ranks. Give them halberds or great weapons or something. You can still give them shields so you've got the option

Erm. about the knights. The minimum unit size is 5 now. So you'll need to get another one anyway. The minimum for Marauders is 10 too so the unit of 9 will have to have another one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I see what you're saying now. I think I might make the 20 man unit with Wulfrik like Hurt said, then (if I can afford the points) another group with GW and Khorne to make em sweat. As for the Knights I'll have to look into adding another and getting rid of my Hero or just leaving him in there with the lot. And you're right Borak about the shields, especially since now I'm going to have so many things my enemy could be shooting at, the shields'll only help so much. I do like their new added attacks that they recieved so I think I might go ahead with the GW again. Nothing says "Oh Shit" like having your front line cut in half with swords right out of Final Fantasy.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Thank you for the help before on my previous list, so taking into regard that advice here's my revised list. I think being behind enemy lines the Wulfrik until'll only need 14 or would it be better to get rid of the Warhounds for the extra 5 more models? Obviously the Knights are going to run six across with the Hero. The group of 20 Marauders'll be for tying up the enemy while something (Knights, Marauder Horsemen, or even Warriors) can flank them and devastate. Thoughts and feelings on the new list is appreciated and thank you again for your help.

Wulfrik

Exalted Hero
    Barbed Chaos Steed
    Shield
    Fury of the Blood God

Sorcerer of Chaos
    Lvl 2
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Rod of Torment

12 Warriors
    Mark of Khorne
    Great Weapons
    F.C

12 Warriors
    Mark of Khorne
    Great Weapons
    F.C

5 Marauder Horsemen

5 Marauder Horsemen

14 Marauders
    Mark of Khorne
    Great Weapons, Light Armor

20 Marauders
    Mark of Nurgle
    Shields, Light Armor
    F.C.

5 Warhounds

5 Knights
    Mark of Khorne
    F.C.

Warshrine

Total: 1998
    Last edited by Hot Ice; February 8th, 2009 at 21:38.

+ Reply to Thread