2k tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2k tourny list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

2k tourny list

Ok this is another generic all-comers list I have concocted. My original one has chosen and a warshrine which both look pretty but for this list I tried to come up with a more competitive list rather than one with cool models. What yall think...I feel like I really made a good tourny list with this one.

Chaos Lord- 370pts
    -MoK
    -Juggernaut
    -Chaos Runeshield
    -Axe of Khorn
    (goes with unit of knights)

Scroll Caddie- 135pts
    -Level one
    -Two dispel scrolls

12 Warriors- 252pts
    -hand weapon, shield, halberd
    -MoN
    -Musician and Standard Bearer

12 Warriors- 252pts
    -hand weapon, shield, halbert
    -MoN

5 Warhounds- pts

5 Warhounds- pts

5 Warhounds- pts

5 Marauder Horsemen- 105pts
    -MoK
    -flails

25 Marauders- 172
    -MoS
    -LA and shields
    -Musician and Standard bearer

5 Knights- 295pts
    -MoN
    -Ensorcelled Weapons
    -Banner of Rage

Hell Cannon- pts

Chariot- pts

Total=1996pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks, honestly, like a very solid list. My -only- comment is questioning the usefulness of the single unmarked chariot. Perhaps it might be worth it to drop the chariot, and one warrior from each of the 12 units to run them as 11 (6 wide with one 5 rank for static CR). Then use that 150 some odd points for perhaps an ogre unit? Or a BSB? These are more ideas to consider than critiques of your list, which, as I said, seems very stable to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I just don't know

Honestly? I just don't know.

I can see the flexibility here, but if your opponent can avoid your knights then he is only fighting two thirds of your army. Which is another way of saying I would try and tie your knights down with a sandbag unit and then take out the rest of your units, none of which are too terrifying.

With all that said of course I think this sort of list will do fine and I can see echoes of great lists in your design. Like the block of MoS Maruaders for instance. These guys are worth their weight in rubles!

Yes I did mean Rubles, not rubies. It's a joke.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I found in my last tournament that having a slow army w/ 3 dispel dice and 2 scrolls is very bad against magic heavy armies. You'll burn through those scrolls before you are barely half way across the board.

On the flip side, any close combat army you come up against will have problems against you.

Don't think that a chosen/warshrine list is only pretty, I took 18 chosen and a warshrine and no one could break that unit. The only problem was getting it into combat.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty solid but how are you going to run it? A refused flank might work i think.
    2 more things about your list:
    Do you think that cannon is going to get its points back and aren't you affraid of redirecting units?

Martijn

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Heya mate,

A single chariot wont be able to take on a ranked up unit on it's own, The randomness of it's impact hits just can't make it a sure hit, Unless you're using it with another unit of course. I mean you hit the marauder horsemen or the hounds in the side to negate ranks and then it'll take on anything. As an option you could always ditch it for a warshrine??

But to be honest mate, you're list is pretty rockin. You'll have to knock enemy sorcerers on the head pretty quick or they'll start to take a toll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

Aight im taking in a lot of your feedback and working on making a revised list.

To the criticizm on my knight unit. I never acctually processed this personally but you are right that is a third of my army right there in a frenzied unit that can be baited away and controlled by a good oponent. Whats my best way to avoid having that big chunk not wasted. I have 3 units of dogs which I thought would be good enough to screen LoS for frenzy. Should I drop the lord to a hero? Ive always debated this but since Im low on magic I could trade the lord for an exalted and another caster. More overall power if Im doing a tourny list and dont know whats coming possiby.

Any inputs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x2)

Ok I have revised my tourny list. Now bear with me it is very different but I have worked on this thing for a few hours today and think its pretty rocking. I took the advise for the chariot. I dropped it for a warshrine and even added in my old chosen unit. I think itll work out well.

Exalted Champion- 205pts
    -Battle Standard
    -MoN
    -Collar of Khorne
    -Sword of Might
    -Shield

Scroll Caddy- 135pts
    -Level one
    -two dispel scrolls

14 Warriors- 273pts
    -hand weapon, shield
    -MoN
    -(Exalted Champ goes here)

12 Warriors- 222pts
    -hand weapon, shield, halberd
    -unmarked

5 Warhounds- xxpts

5 Warhounds- xxpts

5 Warhounds- xxpts

5 Marauder Horsemen- 81pts
    -Musician
    -flails or throwing axes

12 Chosen- 337pts
    -MoN
    -hand weapon, shield, great weapons
    -Full command
    -Favor of the Gods

5 Knights- 295pts
    -MoN
    -Ensorcelled Weapons
    -Banner of Rage

Dragon Orgers- 231
    -Great weapons

Warshrine- xxx

Total= 1999pts

Ok this list is a good mix in my opinion. I have two solid, fast flanker units in the knights and DO's. The unit of 14 with hw/shields is my anvil and will be lead by the BsB. This group will be a solid center to my army. The halberd/shield warriors and chosen will be moving up too and be the big damage foot soldiers. The chosen will be rediculous with FotG and their opening roll plus a warshrine roll. I should be able to tailor their upgrades to whatever I am up against. The chosen and DO's will also be my primary moster/nasty killers. With st6 or 7 they will fit the ticket perfectly. I am a little weak on magic but a scroll caddy will do me some solid good for the beggining few turns and I have M2 on my anvil warriors and can easily get M3 on my chosen if I am going up against a magic heavy list. The doggies will of course be screens and possibly go grab a table quarter or whatnot. The marauder horses are there to redirect and taunt some charges. Maybe even go cannon hunting. I am not sure if I should give them flails so they are fiable to do some damage if needed or kill cannon crews. Throwing axes are nice too because big scary units get mad when you throw stuff at em.
    Last edited by sdefreit; February 14th, 2009 at 10:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Ok, so your general is the scroll caddy....weird, but it'll work I guess.

Pretty cool looking army I think. The only concern I have is your BSB on foot! Give him a Barded Steed, or a Daemonic Mount or Palanquin will give the immunity to fear. Another option is the make him Tzeentch (if you weren't worried by theme) just to get his Ward save up. 1+ armor and 5+ ward would be pretty good.

I also wonder if it's worth joining the Sorcerer to the same block as the BSB, so he can accept a challenge on him behalf? You'd be sacrificing him, and giving away points for your general though.....eye of the gods is a bitch.

Missing that Hellcannon too, but I can see the tactics in the list, and they're pretty sweet by the looks of it.

I'd go for Flails on the Horsemen. Axes don't tend to do enough to be worth it, unless you can take both.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Looks good. Other close combat armies are going to have problems with you.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast