750 point (doubles) tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 point (doubles) tourney

This army is to be teamed up with skaven, with large numbers.

Heroes

Wulfrik the Wanderer

Core

15 Marauders
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Flails
    Light Armour
    F.C

12 Warriors
    Mark of Slaanesh
    F.C
    Shields

2*5 Warhounds

Special

Chariot
    Mark of Khorne

Is there anything I should take out? I did consider putting in a second unit of marauders instead of the chariot. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Looks good, but just a few tweaks:

-Get shields on the Marauders. Light armor on it's own is rarely worth it. I also prefer great weapons over flails these days, as they keep hitting at the same strength, and are the same cost.

-The Chariot with MOK is always going to be a risk. He can led into terrain and destroyed thanks to frenzy. The sheer armor of attacks they pump out may be scary, but you'd be better off with a few less attacks, but hitting the target you want.

But other than that, I'd say you're unit choices are fine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

The problem with shields and great weapons vs. getting light armor is that in combat he's always going to be attacking last and never using the shield. With LA, atleast he gets a crappy save.

Either way I think 15 marauders with full command just boils down to free banners for your opponents. As far as the chariot is concerned, I agree. Khorne makes it too vunerable. Its deadly enough without the mark, saves you points and its really only a 750 list so you'll find a lot of softer units to aim at.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, i should take the mark of khorne off the chariot, and remove the banner from the marauders. I think this gives me 40 pts to play with, so I could give a magic banner to the warriors, either the blasted standard or rupturous. If i took the rupturous standard what should I do with the remaining points? Or should i forget the magic banner and do something else entirely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Well, you could look at a magic banner if you like. I prefer a simple Warbanner for my Warriors. You should also look at things like giving them Halberds, or up the number of Warriors and/or Marauders. Spend the points on some upgrades, there aren't enough for a new unit.

+ Reply to Thread