2000Pts Chaos Warriors Marauderless! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000Pts Chaos Warriors Marauderless!

Lords
    Sorcerer Lord
    Lvl 4
    MoT
    Disc
    Bloodcurling Roar
    Golden Eye
    Spell Familiar

Heroes
    Sorecerer
    MoN
    Lvl 2

Core
    12 Chaos Warriors
    MoS
    Hlabreds
    Shields
    F.C.
    244x2=488

12 Chaos Warriors
    MoN
    Great Weapons
    Shields
    F.C.

Special
    5 Knights
    Banner
    MoN
    250x2=500

Rare
    Hellcannon 205

1999/2000

basicly i did not take marauders because i hate the models and i love the hitting power of the warriors. I'm taking the hellcannon because i love the model and the its friken amazing. All comments and criticism is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

friken

Friken?

That sounds like a German desert. Still I am with you on the marauder models...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Looks really solid on all fronts. The obvious downside here, is that the lack of Marauders means lack of models, really. Hounds, Marauders and Marauder Horsemen all add some sort of bulk to the army, but if you don't want them at all, I'd say this list is about as good as it gets - it's able to deal with anything.

Tim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys for the responses

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'm with Tim mate, you're army is pretty Solid with lots of diversity.

The only problem you're going to have is if you come up against ana rmy with a few powerful combat hero's in there. I've done a warrior army and they do really well, but if there's a charcter in the unit i'm fighting with just plain ol' warrior it's a struggle to win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitly agree that marauders look a bit meh.

List is looking quite nice, and I am about to playtest something a bit similar but less magic, more hellcannon
    Everything is better with smut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it actually can't deal with "anything" - Flyers & warmachines.. the list really has nothing for those.. i guess helcannon could take shots at th other warmachines.. but not really.

This is a problem all/most WoC armies have however.
    [2000] Orks [2000] Tau,
    [1500]SM [2250] WHFB Chaos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boyzz View Post
    well, it actually can't deal with "anything" - Flyers & warmachines.. the list really has nothing for those.
    the sorcerer on disc can easily take care of any of thoose things with roar and magic but thanks for the reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I'm currently building up my first WoC army, so I won't comment on the effectiveness of your list. What I will say, as a fairly successful HE player, is that Lore of Metal will absolutely rip you apart. With only a few models to target, Spirit of the Forge will quickly chew up what few ranks you have. Repeater bolt throwers, as well, will take out all of your combat res before you see hand to hand. Eagles will block your charges and attempt to redirect your units. I personally like the marauder models, but I can understand that you don't. Still, I would consider adding some units of dogs to tie up enemy units and deal with ranged attacks. If you use your Sorcerer to try to "deal" with bolt throwers versus HE dispel dice, you will only end up giving your opponent that many more VPs.
    Last edited by shakedown47; February 16th, 2009 at 21:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by shakedown47 View Post
    I'm currently building up my first WoC army, so I won't comment on the effectiveness of your list. What I will say, as a fairly successful HE player, is that Lore of Metal will absolutely rip you apart. With only a few models to target, Spirit of the Forge will quickly chew up what few ranks you have. Repeater bolt throwers, as well, will take out all of your combat res before you see hand to hand. Eagles will block your charges and attempt to redirect your units. I personally like the marauder models, but I can understand that you don't. Still, I would consider adding some units of dogs to tie up enemy units and deal with ranged attacks. If you use your Sorcerer to try to "deal" with bolt throwers versus HE dispel dice, you will only end up giving your opponent that many more VPs.
    All good points, but he still has ways to counter these.

Eagles: Kill them with magic, or just charge them, they aren't fast cav.

RBTs : Mark of Nurgle sorts this out the best any chaos list can.

Mages getting shot: Not many spells in the Lore of Tzeentch need line of sight. He can stay safe while blasting what ever he chooses.

Lore of Metal: Always hard for any chaos list, but the smoking gun here would Pandaemonium, and a pretty good dispel dice stash. Not 100% safe (the only way to acheive this is to wear no armour!) but stil pretty good.

You're points are valid, but it doesn't grant incincibility or anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast