Update on my Nurgle Warrior List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on my Nurgle Warrior List

ok, so a little while ago I came here for help building a nurgle WoC army... I have since played with it and other varients of the list trying to make it better, and I am entered in a 1500pt Tourney here in brisbane australia with an expected turnout of 60 or so players, 45 already registered...

So now I need further help! Can we tweak this list a bit more to be more effective and yet still fly under the radar as far as Comp scoring goes - i don't want my opponents to cringe when they see my army list.

Here is what I am playing around with at the moment

Exalted Hero
    Biting Blade
    Shield
    120pts

Sorcerer
    Level 2, Mark of Nurgle
    Dispel Scroll
    Power Familiar
    Chaos Steed
    206pts

Sorcerer
    Level 2, Mark of Nurgle
    Blood of Tzeentch
    170pts

18 x Chaos Warriors
    HW + Shield
    Mark of Nurgle
    Full Command
    348pts

20 x Marauders
    HW + Shield, Light Armour
    Full Command
    140pts

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    Flails, Light Armour, Musician
    86pts

5 x Chaos Warhounds

5 x Chaos Warhounds

5 x Knights
    Mark of Nurgle
    Musician, Standard
    260pts

2 x Chaos Spawn
    110pts

PD: 7
    DD: 4

Biggest problem with this list has been leadership.. break tests, panic and so on.
    I have ideas of dropping warriors unit down to 15, giving the marauder unit Mark of Slaanesh, dropping one unit of Hounds in return for this exalted kit out;

Exalted Champ
    Mark of Nurgle
    Palanquin
    Filth Mace
    Shield
    220pts

This guy would go in the marauder unit and might actually make the unit worth running in this list.

There are going to be some very very good players at this tourney, as it is looking like one of the bigger events on the Aus Calendar. So i really would like this list to give me a fighting chance.
    I do however want it to remain Comp friendly.
    3/5

[2000] Orks [2000] Tau,
    [1500]SM [2250] WHFB Chaos

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really need advice..

As it stands lists for the tourney are due in 4 days. I just can't seem to get the list right in play testing... need advice!!!
    [2000] Orks [2000] Tau,
    [1500]SM [2250] WHFB Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

How do you set them up, 15 warriors is enough, I like the 2nd exhalted, is MoN needed slannesh would be just fine they do after all have ws5 that is what I think anyway. Good luck.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1] 18 Warriors in a unit? In less than 2000pts, 15 boys are enough. Heck, 12 might even still do something decent. A unit that big will just get avoided anyway. Not a fan of champions, you can make savings by dropping 'em, but that's just me. MoS them if panic is getting to you.

2] After totting from armylists to armylists, 20 Marauders will achieve nothing but Swiss-cheesed. Pump them to 25 if possible, MoS+LA+Shield. Great Weapons if you have the points. Same thing about Chieftains.

3] Horsemen are great because they are Fast Cav. Drop the Shield, add Flails. MoS them while you're at it.

4] Are you trying to be magic heavy? Add Book of Secrets, and replace Blood with another scroll to the second Sorcerer. Exchange Steed for the Exalted? Either or both can be left on foot into Warriors and/or Marauder units. They can still put up a fight.

5] Biting Blade? Flails, mate, flails. S +2 does wonders. Steed him, MoN, stick with Knights (my favorite). Leftover points can go into defense: Collar of Khorne. Otherwise, Palanquin but with Flails.

6] Not fan of Spawns. You can drop one or both so you can kit out the Exalted and keep 2 units of hounds. Hounds are more precious (read: expendable) than Spawns imo.
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace the biting blade there are basic items better than that.

Replace blood of tzeentch with book of secrets

15 is enough for your chaos warriors also consider additional hand weapons- just a thought.

Drop the light armour for marauder horsemen its not needed

next decide whether you want to go agressive or defensive in magic phase as you seen unsure.

palaquins of nurgle are rubbish so keep him as a footslogger with better magic items or consider making him a battle standard bearer.

The marauders seem a bit vulnerable consider droping a spawn and marking them (NOT tzeentch, or slaanesh but i see khourne or nurgle as feasible).

Also consider having one exalted cahmpion and bringing in a chariot and possibly some more expendable troops (e.g. spawn, warhounds).

+ Reply to Thread