DP - fast list v2.0 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

DP - fast list v2.0

My first list can be found here.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...very-fast.html (Daemon Prince - 2250 - Very Fast)

After the nerfing my nurgle knights took, I'm wondering if its better to just drop the mark all together and save the points. If I drop the nurgle marks and the chariot, I almost have enough for a hellcannon. I took my naked m.horse out since they were worthless and added naked marauders just to save points and maybe guard the hellcannon some. Gave me 20 points left to play with, so for now I'm just throwing blood curdling roar on my DP. Makes him even more expensive, but I don't know where else to put the 20 points. Maybe 2 hounds and some musicians on the khorne horse.

Daemon Prince
    LVL 4
    Tendrils of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Blood Curdling Roar
    Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero
    Disc
    Mark of Tzeentch
    BSB Banner of the Gods
    Flail
    Shield

Chaos Sorcerer
    Chaos Steed
    Level 2
    Mark of Nurgle
    Power Familiar
    Dispel Scroll

Marauders x 10

Marauder Horsemen x 5
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails

Marauder Horsemen x 5
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails

Chaos Knights x 5
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Ensorcelled weapons
    Musician / Standard

Chaos Knights x 5
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Ensorcelled weapons
    Musician / Standard

Dragon Ogres x3

Hell Cannon

Warhounds x 5

Warhounds x 5

I was having much success with my old list, but the nerfing to nurgle just irks me too much. Now my knights aren't as strong, but they're also a lot cheaper. I also have a hell cannon which might work well with my DP flying around. As long as I don't hit myself that is...

What do you guys think between this list and my last. Is taking nurgle off my list to exchange the chariot for a hell cannon not the bext route? Add a big monster and some shooting, but lose some close combat effetiveness. I think the knights will still be heavy hitters and they're only 230 points each now. Heck if I drop the hell cannon I can grab more dragon ogres or more knights.

US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

How did the changes to nurgle effect you that much. It can't be that bad. How is the change affecting you. I think nurgle is fine and I prefer the old list.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle is stinking

Our knights have a WS3 mount. Against WS3 opponents, they used to hit on 3+. Our knights hitting WS5 opponents no longer hit at 3+. It's huge IMO.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I think I need to play test naked knights. If I drop both knights to just 5 naked knights and remove the chariot I can upgrade my dragon ogres to great weapons and have 2 units of them.

The chariot is nice, but he's slower than the rest of my army. The dragon ogres seem to do nicely, beefing them up could work. They almost always stike last anyways(I2). It also gains my small army like 8 more wounds(12 from 3 DOs minus chariot). The problem is my knights are weaker. Actually they may become too weak.

The nerf to nurgle weakens this army, can't argue it doesn't. I lose some offensive firepower, but I still have to rely on my knights. Maybe I'll go back to my old list, but change the naked m.horse for just naked marauders. Save myself 25 points. I could then swap my chariot for 3 chaos armor/GW ogres.

I played around alittle and here's my new list.

Daemon Prince
    LVL 4
    Tendrils of Tzeentch
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Fury of the Bloodgod

Exalted Hero
    Disc
    Mark of Tzeentch
    BSB
    Banner of the Gods
    Flail
    Shield

Chaos Sorcerer
    Chaos Steed
    Level 2
    Mark of Nurgle
    Power Familiar
    Dispel Scroll

Marauder x 10

Marauder Horsemen x 5
    Warhorse
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails

Marauder Horsemen x 5
    Warhorse
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails

Chaos Knights x 5
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Ensorcelled weapons
    Standard
    Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Knights x 5
    Barded Chaos Steed
    Ensorcelled weapons
    Standard
    Mark of Nurgle

Dragon Ogres x3

Chaos Ogres x4
    Great Weapons

Warhounds x 5

Warhounds x 5

I play ogre kingdom alot, so I know how to use the ogres. They're just like ironguts, but lose a leadership, gain rerollable panic checks and total cost 12 points cheaper for the 4 of them. I think they make my model lite army alittle bit bigger. And it gives me another anvil that has some punch. I'm tempted to just take dragon ogres instead, but I can't find the 15 points.

Also can get 10 forsaken for the same points as the ogres. Hmm... They would sort of fit into this army. They're fast and they can hit hard. They also give me bodies, well actually 10 forsaken = 10 wounds, 4 ogres = 12. Maybe I won't consider them. I should get additional comp points if I do field them though.
    Last edited by Pinkus; February 22nd, 2009 at 18:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Why don't you play test Khorne knights and see how you like it, if played properly they can dish out one hell of a vicious beating, considering a unit of 5 gets 15 attacks, and their mounts get another 10. 25 attacks from five models is pretty harsh. The extra attacks may make up for the Nurgle Nerfing.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

I don't like frenzy on my guys I need to guide into a combat of my choosing. If I have my knights running all over the place, I won't be able to set up flanks after my 2 anvils hold up a unit.

---------- Post added at 084 ---------- Previous post was at 081 ----------

If I change 1 knight's mark to tzeentch that frees up enough points to turn my 4 ogres into 3 dragon ogres. Think that might be a good switch? Smaller frontage, same number of wounds, lose some attacks and 1 strength, but don't always strike last(like that matters with I2), but I gain a leadership and that is key with my anvils.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Hey Pinkus be sure to let us know how those naked knights do. Im debating stripping MoN off em myself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

I ran a practice game today against my daemons. Didn't do so well. The banner of sundering hurts and made my DP miscast on turn 3 and I rolled a 10, so he lost gateway on turn 3... Still only lost by 404 points. The biggest thing I noticed was my nurgle knights hitting hounds on 4s instead of 3s, so that's averages to almost 1 wound a turn. Not the biggest nerfing, but 1 wound a turn against daemons sometimes counts as 2 wounds since they can fail their break test by that much more.

I just didn't have anything to kill the plaguebearers(but who does?). I also forgot to play with my unit of 10 marauders. I doubt they would have affected the game, but maybe they could have gotten a flank in and crumbled some models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed you've dropped Musicians from both Knights. Did not having them made a great impact on the last play test?

ADD:
    Some things I can think of:
    1] Downgrading the Khornate Horsemen into Slaaneshi Horsemen. That way you'd have enough points for a unit of 3 DOs instead of the Ogres, and spare points* to pump up the Marauders to 15 strong or fit them with weapons (flails/GW and LA)

2] Drop the DOs altogether for a unit of 4 Ogres with GWs. They lose some stats but might give you the much needed punch with S6. You'd have enough spare points* for GWs on the 10-man Marauder unit.

*] Or allocate the free points for the Knights or other stuff and keep the Marauder naked as a give-away filler unit.

Honestly, I'm not liking the look of a single Marauder unit in such a fast army. But yeah, maybe its worth a try to save points for other choices in the army.
    Last edited by Black_katZ; February 24th, 2009 at 15:13.
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

As it was I had naked marauder horsemen for my 3rd core and they ended up being next to worthless. Atleast this way I save points.

I dropped the musicians because I needed points and they were easy to sacrafice. I don't care if I lose combat by 1. I wish I still had them, but can't have everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast