Trouble with 2250 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

The Winter Wolves [2250 pts]

The Kurgans are here
    Run for your lives
    The World Ends
    Where they tread

Savage men
    With mind of wolves
    Blind with fury
    All are their victims

Wreathed in flames of sorcery
    With Souls as pits
    No arrow or cannon
    Will ever slay these daemons

Lock your door
    Shut your window
    Howls are heard
    The World Ends Tonight
    (old Kurgan lullaby)

This is a medium sized Kurgan tribe, it's unholy name effectively translated as the Tribe of the Winter Wolves.
    As most Kurgans the menfolk are dedicated to Khorne and breed large ferocious warhounds that help them in both their hunting and warmaking.

As a tribe devoted to hunting and warmaking, most youngsters doesnt survive long enough to reach the ranks of the Warriors or the Chosen. But those that show promise are inducted into the bodyguard of the tribes most precious member - Shuathlan, the sorcerer of Tzeentch. The Sorcerer dedicates the chosen marauders to his God, gifting them with awesome power and armour, daemons strength and sometimes appearance and unflinching and unquestioning minds. These ultimate warriors are revered and almost worshiped by the menfolk of the tribe, and enter battle as a single undefeatable unit or mounted on large chaos steeds. These Chosen are called The Soulless by the menfolk, because once they have sworn themselves to the Sorcerer and donned their new armour they leave their families and cease to speak. They doesnt even flinch when it comes to carrying out the Sorcerers orders, whether it be standing guard immobile for days on end or committing the most heinous murders. They exist only to enforce the sorcerers will.

The Sorcerer have three sons, all of them dedicated to death. One of these sons lost his mind during a great hunt and is now blessed by Khorne and rides to war upon a great Juggernaut accompanied by a large flock of warhounds. He is known as Bhraganok the Wolfmaster and is the tribes Chieftain. The other two sons are devoted to Nurgle and rides to war in rotten chariots, gifting the enemies of the tribe with pestilence and agonising death. They stand under the tutilage of Shuathlan to increase their knowledge in the magic arts.
    The tribe never goes to war without their warshrine, for what is the point of killing if the Gods are not watching?

This entire tribe is of course only a pawn in the schemes of Tzeentch. The Khornate marauders are far too dull witted to understand so they never question. They are all proud men and none would admit to being manipulated by anyone. Their mighty leader is Bhraganok, who will follow his insane visions and dreams, said to be the will of Khorne but sent by his arcane father.
    The tribe is beginning to change... and change is it's only reward.

Shuathlan, Flamewielder, Overseer of the Winter Wolves (LORD)
    Sorcerer Lord
    Level 4 upgrade
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Golden Eye of Tzeentch
    Infernal Puppet
    370 pts

Huargh the Shadow Guide (HERO)
    Sorcerer
    Mark of Nurgle
    Chaos Chariot
    Book of Secrets
    Power Familiar
    255 pts

Bluargflh the Unfavoured (HERO)
    Sorcerer
    Mark of Nurgle
    Chaos Chariot
    Skull of Katam (maybe 2 scrolls if I go up against something magic heavy)
    255 pts

Bhraganok the Wolfmaster, Warscreamer, Howler of the Eternal Battle (HERO)
    Exalted Hero
    Mark of Khorne
    Axe of Khorne
    Favour of the Gods
    Juggernaut
    (Bloodcurdling Roar if I use Knights)
    225 pts (245 pts)

The Soulless (SPECIAL)
    12 Chosen...............................Alternatively 6 Knights
    Mark of Tzeentch......................Mark of Tzeentch
    Standard and Musician..............Standard and Musician
    Halberds and Shields................Ensorcelled weapons
    Blasted Standard......................Blasted Standard
    330 pts..................................310 pts

Winter Wolves (CORE)
    18 Marauders
    Great Weapons
    Mark of Khorne
    120 pts

Winter Wolves (CORE)
    18 Marauders
    Great Weapons
    Mark of Khorne
    120 pts

Winter Wolves (CORE)
    18 Marauders
    Great Weapons
    Mark of Khorne
    120 pts

Winter Wolves (CORE)
    5 Marauder Horsemen
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails
    105 pts

Winter Wolves (CORE)
    5 Marauder Horsemen
    Mark of Khorne
    Flails
    105 pts

6 Warhounds (CORE)
    36 pts

5 Warhounds (CORE)
    30 pts

5 Warhounds(CORE)
    30 pts

Warshrine (RARE)
    Mark of Tzeentch
    150 pts

Total: 2251 pts
    Characters: 1 Lord, 3 Heroes
    Army composition: 8 core, 1 special and 1 rare
    Magic levels: 6
    Total model count: 101 (95)
    Cavalry type: 33 (39)
    Chariots: 2
    Monsters: 1

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; April 15th, 2009 at 12:59. Reason: I'm just never satisfied
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Your Exalted Champion. Is he really 225pts? I make him 175. Or have you just missed of the Jugger? lol.

I think the ony way you're going to get the points down to where you want them is to either start Ditchin Models or Start Ditching Marks. First off I'd probably take the Mark off the Warshrine. Yeah a 3+ ward is nasty but so is a 4+. and he's T6 anyway so is there really aint THAT much thats going to be hurting him??? I can't really see cannons targeting him when there are so many other more serious threats to take down first. (like your Wizards on Chariots)

You could drop one unit of the warriors and turn the existing unit into Some Chosen. With the Warshrine the Chosen unit would be horrific.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Yeah, I missed to write down the jugger. You got me there. [edited]
    Good ideas there. I'm thinking of changing the marks to Tzeentch on the warriors.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; March 1st, 2009 at 21:29.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Do you really need that many marauders. You could drop 10 and give 5 to the others so they outnumber. Also what lord borak said is a good idea. Do you need a full command you could drop some champions.Your exalted could get by without the axe of khorne although it is nice.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok, well if your open to dropping one unit of warriors. You say drop the Khorne one and now you're on 2164pts.

Upgrade the 12 Warriors with Halberds to Chosen which is 56pts (including costs for Command) Which will give you 80 points for other goodies...... Blasted Standard on the Chosen and Favour on the Champion???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

That sounds nice. But I still doesnt have any Knights and my Exalted already got the Favour. Maybe the Book on the Chosen chimp?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

lol see, Now you're just being difficult.

The probem you've got is you've spent SO many points on Characters (I do the same thing all the time) you've left no room for all the troops you want.

Could you drop the Lord for Just another Level 2 Tzeentch Sorcerer with a power Familiar???

Yeah if you gave the book to the chosen chimp you'd then have another 'wizard' And you'd save a further 10pts by swapping the MArk of Nurgle to Tzeentch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

But character are SO much fun!
    Do I need the Exalted? Can I substitute him with something else?
    I really like the idea with the Nurgle sorcerers on chariots. Thats a great way to get punch, mobility, protection and a cheap chariot that doesnt occupy a special slot. But do I really need them to be lvl2? Level 2 is good, but they're snipers you know... How does the reduction in level impact on my magic performance as a whole?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

i know!!! i'm the same!!! Choas is all about the characters.

In my experience. It's better to bombard the enemy with lots of easy to cast spells than attempt to cast really horrible ones. If you're only intendin on casting Buboes with the Sorcerers you might aswell drop the dude to LEvel 1.

You're going to need a combat character to lend the added punch to those hard fought combats. Although you could ditch him in favour of a unit of Knights? Which would do the same roll. And you've got points to spare anyway if you take the chosen instead of the 2 warrior units.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; March 1st, 2009 at 23:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I was thinking of running the Exalted with something like 10 warhounds. The dogs can take the shooting and add some ranks in combat while the hero challenges the enemy character and then proceeds to slaughtering the enemy unit. Workable?

My plan is to eat scrolls with Gateway and then snipe enemy casters and/or heroes with buboes. When that's done I'll just run the chariot into the first unit I see.

Hmmm, maybe put the exalted on a steed, mark him tzeentch and run him with some knights. But what items? Collar and...? And can I still kill enemy heroes with him that way?
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; March 1st, 2009 at 23:24.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast