Siggie Stardust 2250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siggie Stardust 2250

One of my favorate characters in the WoC book is Sigvald, so ive been building/playing a list themed around him, please toss any critcism or any way to make it more competive (I end up play Delves-Demons-Lizards) alot

Siggie 425
    Chaos Sorcerer, MoT, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar - 190
    Chaos Sorcerer, MoN, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, BoS - 190
    11 Chaos Warriors- MoS, Champion, Halberds, Shields- 209
    11 Chaos Warriors- MoS, Champion, Halberds, Shields- 209
    5 Horsemen, MoS, Throwing Axes 85

5 hounds xx
    9 Chosen FC, MoN, Favor of the Gods, Great Weapons 265
    5 Knights FC- MoT- Banner of Rage- 305pts
    1 Hellcannon xxx

1 Warshrine, xxx

Just to give a rough Idea on how I use this, Siggie goes in the sqaud of chosen tends ta be deoployed behind some woods or somthing so they can make a suprise charge, warriors house the sorceres, the MoT tryes to get pandamonium up otherwise flickering fire isent bad, Bubos and fireball with the MoN depending on whats needed, hounds for the knights, horsemen run behind my flanks to hold off flyers (or go warmachine hunting if needed) and Hellcannon/Warshrine shore up the flank thats opposite of my knights.

Last edited by ztlambe; March 2nd, 2009 at 20:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

My only comment is, fluff wise, Sig going into a unit of puss filled, grotesque chosen of nurgle doesn't make sense, other than that, drop the champions, they are too expensive for the amount they give you.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People really dont like the champions but when im not running flags or ranks for combat rez, not to mention a warshrine to give them a chance to roll for killing other champions, I kinda liked them, another bonus is the ability for them to be "forced" to challenge first to eat the big general to keep my sorcs/siggy alive one more round (assuming I dont want them in the challenge of course)

Oh and my "MoN" is actually shown by them being painted in a reflective paint, making the glare thats hard to hit more of a rule benefit than a nurgle thing, Sigfried loves a group of mirror coated chosen to keep him company.
    Last edited by ztlambe; March 3rd, 2009 at 03:09.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Thats cool Fluff lol. How are you going about painting the 'mirrored' affect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not exaclty sure if i can link to things, but
    Krylon: Products: Looking Glass- Mirror Like Paint
    its that product

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

That looks cool. Do they do tarten paint as well???

So is that just chrome like paint or something???? I've seen crome painted models before and wanted to take a hammer to them.

Can you show me how yours turn out when you do them? I'm interested to see how they turn out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem you might run into with painting models like that is that they will be entirely covered in it, not just the armor surfaces that you want, but their black lining will also disappear, meaing alot of time-consuming after-spray work, maybe spray a bunch of it into a cup then use a brush to just do your plating and leave the rest untouched so you can still register where surfaces/edges are?

Also, I'd suggest putting both dispell scrolls on the nurgle sorcerer and putting the book of secrets with the one carrying a power familiar, since the nurgle sorc is mostly about the lower level spells you don't need the power dice, and with tzeentch having more available 4 power dice on a level 2 before pool-dipping is pretty nice. You'll still be generating 8 power dice, youll just have them allocated in a more convenient manner.
    Last edited by Hurtinator; March 3rd, 2009 at 22:02.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurt wonderful idea with the scrolls, im still getting used to the mechanics on fantasy list building, hence me asking for help

But yea I actually was planning on spraying it into a cup/or finding a version of this paint thats not a spray can (harder then it looks) but ill post pics whenever i get some time to paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I could help, everyone here is really above me tactics -wise though as I've only been playing this army for three months now. Fantasy in general only 4 months lol.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I may have read the WoC book wrong but doesnt a power familiar add a power dice to the players dice pool allowing any caster in the list to use it. I dont think the familiar gives the PD specifically to that caster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast