2000 pt Bit of Everything - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Bit of Everything

Hi,

How would this do as a "General Purpose" Army for learning the ropes? I play against all types of armies at my local club. Yesterday against 5 Stegadons (but that's another story). Up till now I haven't bothered much with magic apart from a scroll caddy.

The Lord would fly about. And I'd put the other 2 charactes each with a unit of Knights

Sorcerer Lord (370 Pts)
    MoT
    Level 4
    Disc of Tzeentch
    1 Enchanted Shield
    1 Golden Eye of Tzeentch
    1 Bloodcurdling Roar

Exalted Hero (181 Pts)
    MoS
    Shield
    Chaos Steed
    Axe of Khorne

Sorcerer (206 Pts)
    MoN
    Level 2
    Chaos Steed
    2 Dispel Scroll

12 x Chaos Warriors (220 Pts)
    MoS
    Shield
    Musician, Standard Bearer

12 x Chaos Warriors (220 Pts)
    MoS
    Shield

20 x Chaos Marauders (122 Pts)
    MoS
    Musician, Standard Bearer Std
    Shield

5 x Marauder Horsemen (101 Pts)
    MoS
    Musician
    Flail
    Throwing Axes
    Light Armour

5 x Chaos Hounds

5 x Chaos Hounds

5 x Chaos Knights (260 Pts)
    MoN

5 x Chaos Knights (260 Pts)
    MoN

Many thanks

John

Last edited by johnnyw; March 4th, 2009 at 19:48. Reason: Removed points for Hounds

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill admit im not convinced with the Disc of Tzeentch, being able to fly and 360 degree los is good BUT hes on his own, he can be shot at, targetted by spells and charged. I much prefer my Sorcers in block unit where others can die for them.

Same with the second sorcerer on horse, what about putting him in a warriors unit and adding another warriors to his unit making it 15 Strong. That way he still keeps his save, there are more models to die before him and the unit will have tht extra combar res (in 3 ranks of 5, not convinced with going 6 wide but i have appauling dice rolling )

Flails on Marauder Horsemen work wonders with MoK, you carnt argue with 10 WS 4 S5 attacks and then an extra 10 Ws 3 S 3, even with my bad dice rolling mine make their points back in most games, in the games they dont its because ive charged them at something i wanted holding up or leading away.

Other wise it looks like a solid list and the suggested changes are down to my previous experiences but they may work with your playing style.

Just noticed, no light armour on your marauders? Any chance of finding the point to add this too them? Maybe dropping the Mark of Nurgle on a Knight Unit (Luckily they dont really need it, tho the - 1 to hit for shooting does aid them)

Good Luck

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Heya dude.

Hmmm I've not tried a Sorcerer on Disc. But my Socrerers run around on their own and don't get into much trouble. although i don't face many shooty armies so that might be why hey.

Your Sorcerer Lord could do with some serious pimping out. You've got 60pts worth of Gear left to give him. If you can give him the skull of Katam. I know it's expensive but having +2 on all your spells is just horrid. and it even means you can cast flickering fire on one dice and other 8+ spells on 2 dice with a good degree of certainty.

Another tip from personal experience is small units of chaos warriors with shields can't do enough kills to make up for them having no static res. Especially when you're up against other WS5 or T4 troopers. If you can fnd the points kit them out with either 2 handweapons/halberds/greatweapons just so you can get those extra kills in.

If you're going to kit your Marauders out with shields you might as well give them armour as well. a 5+ save in combat is not all that, especially when you're upagainst someone who's Strength 4. Either go armour tastic or go for no armour and great weapons or Flails.
    Just had another thought. How are your opponents with Special Characters? If they don't mind them adding Festus to that marauder unit and giving them flails/greatweapons will make that unit really threatening. Just swap him with the Nurgle Sorcerer and put the scrolls on your lord.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; March 5th, 2009 at 13:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys,

Thanks for the tips, just what I needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"360 degree los is good"

You sure about that one? it's on a monster mount and the rules for that indicate it has a facing like any other monster. meaning he can't cast in a 360 arc.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which mount is a Monster mount?

Disk of Tzeentch and Steed of Slaanesh are both Cavalry Mounts. They only have one wound.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyw View Post
    Which mount is a Monster mount?

Disk of Tzeentch and Steed of Slaanesh are both Cavalry Mounts. They only have one wound.
    Cavery mounts do not get 360 LOS. that is reserved only for single models on foot.

Edit: Fast Calvery get 360 LoS in the shooting phase only. Almost got confused on that one
    Last edited by talismanictattoo; March 6th, 2009 at 18:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new WoC FAQ says Sorcerers get 360 Degree Magic Missile casting when on a Steed of Slaanesh

John

+ Reply to Thread