Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Please be gentle...i use to play back in the day and only recently getting back into the game. This is my first list, lol. I'm big into fluff. I feel the army should play like it's background feels and should have a "traditional" look. I created this list to be competitive. It will be mainly casual play. I don't mind losing, I just don't want to be crushed game after game. Another factor is budget. I don't ant to waste models and have to buy too much extra outside battalions and what not. Let me know what you guys think. And like I said...be gentle lol.
dispell scroll x2
Fury of the Blood God
14 Chaos Warriors
(Hero will join this unit)
15 Chaos Warriors
15 Chaos Warriors
5 Chaos knights
5 Chaos Knights
(3 blocks of 5)
should be 2249(added it up enough times lol)
* please note, no matter how helpful...I hate musicians...will never happen lol
Thanks in advance guys
BE GENTLE? BE GENTLE? WHAT TYPE OF ARMY DO YOU THINK THAT WE PLAY?!? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I don't know what came over me there. Anyways to your army list.
*Full Command = Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician
1. Drop a unit of Chaos Warrior, Don't worry this will make sense later.
2. Your Lord is not a scroll caddy so stop treating him like one. There are better Artefacts of the Dark Gods to give. I like the Golden Eye and the Power Familiar. It would be better if you put him on a Tzeentch, though. That way he can fly around the battlefield unleashing the power of the dark god from a safe position. He'll have a 3+ ward save so all is good.
3. Take a way Fury of the Blood God on the Hero, I suggest a demonic mount with shield and a chaos rune sword. Put him with your knights to add to the fun.
4. Make your Level 2 Sorcerer a scroll caddy
5. Give all your units full commands. I don't care if you hate musicians. You should always take them. Your squads are too expensive to not have them, although I think that you will realize this when one of your squads is run-down due to the lack of one. Also what don't you like about them? If its a model issue there are ways around that, Please get back to me on that because I got to know.
6. Give Warrior Halberds instead of shields. The strength bonus with the amount of attacks that the warriors throw is really nice, same point cost as well.
7. Marauders need full commands. Also if you are giving them shields, give them Light Armour as well. Otherwise whats the point?
8. Full command for the knights.
9. Why don't your units have any marks? That is one of the things that makes Chaos awesome. I suggest Mark of Nurgle for the Knights and Mark of Slaanesh for the Marauders. For Warriors what ever you think is best for the army.
10. Banners. Give a unit of Knights (the one with the hero) a Banner of Rage. See if any unit can stand up to that. Also a war banner somewhere wouldn't hurt at all.
11. Oh yeah, Chaos hounds umm... your call.
I really appreciate the feed back. The musician thing...you're right, i hate the model. That and I don't think it feels right in a Chaos army. There is plenty that can be said to prove me wrong, I just don't like it. In regards to your other suggestions, I will take them into mind, but it feels like you are looking to min/max the army. I know that's what wins game but I'm looking to play very casually, I just wanted to see how you guys thought it would fair in everyday game play. a 50/50 or even 40/60 w/l average would be fine by me. i'm more into the look and feel of the army over the functionality. I'm a noob and probably dont know what i'm talking about lol, but I feel good about fielding this army and will probably tweak it down the road, but for right now i'm into the general feel of the army more then anything. The crazy "picture" in my head lol. Thank you once again, you are definately someone i will ask questions in the future about eggting the most from WoC lists.
---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------
As a sort of follow up/side question. How do magic artifacts/marks/enchants or whatever stack up against models. meaning when does one out way the other. example 150 points worth of chaos warriors vs BoG. can an argument be made that used the right way on the field(strategy, tactics) that they can be worth the same to an army? Thanks
Well I can see it working. Im confused though. You dont want us to min/max your list? I don't really get what you want then. I agree on a lot of what Peace said. Warriors/marauders should get standard/musician pretty much all the time, and champions are ok if you like them but the extra cost for the extra attack is not worth it. And with our army they have to challenge so that could suck too.
But ya I mean your list can do well as is for what you want. It can be better but it is your army. I am just very into maxing my own army lists so its just kind of what I do. I spend a lot of time and effort trying to make my list as powerful and effective as possible. I keep it balanced though, no cheese chants coming my way.
But as a last thing I would say definitely watch out for who you play. You don't have much experience from what you say and you just want to go have some fun games. That is a fine attitude, hell I wish I could get rid of my competiiveness at times and relax. But ya just stay clear from powerful tourny lists , espeially tourny VC and Deamons. But ya I have ranted enough on your thread lol. I hope you have fun!
It all depends on what you want from your army. I have two lists for my army. One competitive and one fluff. Let me be clear in saying that there is nothing wrong with making a fluff list, but if you are gonna do it, I still suggest that you choose a god for your army to worship and go from there. Put its mark on everything. Maybe even take a warshirne to show your dedication to your chosen patron (also they have really cool abilities and are very tough to destroy.)
As for Artefacts of the Dark Gods and the Banner of Thee Gods in general its really up to the player. Its abilities are really awesome, and if you were to take something like Chosen down the line I would recommend putting a BSB (Battle Standard Bear) in there, but you have to remember that you will need an extra hero spot to take it, and you should do whatever you thing is best for your list.
As for musicians I know the model is not all that great, but I like to think that the instruments are made for the skin, bones, and whatever of those deemed not worthy by the Dark God.
What is wrong with musician models? If you want them to hold the weapons and not the little horn just glue it to his side or back.
I was looking for exactly what you guys gave me. For now I'm going to play take on everyone. From noobs like me to seasoned pros. Learn the flaws of my army and go from their. I am also very competitive and will eventually get to the tourney level. Right now though I'm just into re-learning the game and having fun doing so. My friend is a noob and starting a dwarf army with me. We're looking to play a very fluffy campaign. I'm a seasoned WoW player and after the recent WotLK progression race and my guild turning a little elitist, I'm really just looking to have fun for now. Really appreciate your help guys. And I will probably ninja one of your lists for my first tourny lol. Thanks again.