Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey guys ive posted a couple times on here with various lists i was gonna take to a tourni, now the tourni is on sat and due to lack of money ive had to use what ive got rather than what i would like to.
So post what you think of the list (unfortunatly its too late to change as it was handed in on monday) but any comment would be useful
Chaos Lord - Axe of Khorne, Rune Shield, Favour of the Gods, Barded Steed, Mark of Tzeentch, Word of Agony
Exhalted Hero - BSB, Filth Mace, Bronze armour of Zhrakk, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Barded Steed
Sorcerer - Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Mark of Nurgle
Sorcerer - Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar
14 Warriors - Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Mark of Nurgle
14 Warriors - Shields, Extra hand Weapons, Full Command, Mark of Khorne
5 Marauder Horsemen - Light Armour, Musician, Fails, Mark of Khorne
8 Knights - Mark of Nurgle, Full Command, Blasted Standard
Warshrine -Mark of Slaanesh
I know i will be facing 3 magic and steggadon heavy lizardmen forces, a Sun Dragon High elf list, and a couple of demons list. I dont hold much hope of winning as i dont have the best luck in the world, record being rolling 10 1's out of 12 attacks and miscasting 7 times in one game (only useing 2 dice each time). But id at least like to win a couple
This list needs some tweaking. I'm not sure what your goals with the list are though. You have a BSB, but no magic standard for him. Your warriors as stated are illegal. They normally don't have that many hands unless Tzeentch blessed them with more. Your warriors might do well against rank and file troops but this army is really easily flanked. I would see if you could talk to the people running the tournament and explain that your list is not kosher and see if they will allow you to make changes.
Couple of changes for next time:
1. Mark of Nurgle is great on Knights, but give them the Banner of Rage instead. Also 8 knights seems a little much, you could drop 3 and take another unit of marauder horsemen and do well or if you cna find the points field 2 units of knights.
2. On the Lord drop the axe of Khrone and the Favor of the Gods for a Runesword. Also think that it would be funny to put him on a demonic steed and throw him in with the knights. That will destroy just about anything.
3. Stick with Halberds on the Warriors
4. Take a Tzeentch Sorcerer, Tzeentch magic is awesome
The Warrior units are legal -they can equip both shield and halberd/additional hand weapon, although they cannot use them simultaneously.
Some of my $0.02:
1) You only have 6PD in total here. Seeing you opponents might be magic heavies, either take two scroll caddies (unmarked, lvl1, scrollx2) or go full out heavy magic as well.
2) A single frenzied Warrior unit is easy to bait. And as many attacks as they can dish out, they are still Str 4 attacks.
3) Marauder Cruise Missiles are usually used to charge-and-die. So no need in other investments than flails+MoK.
4) A unit of 8 Knights is too big. 6 wide is usually the biggest, especially if you want to stick a character in them. Chaos Knights are too expensive to hang back in the back row, if thats what you were thinking.
5) Overall, the army is neither particularly focused nor balanced. It looks as if a mix of everything. I think you have to change a lot of things in your army to maximize it.
Last edited by Black_katZ; March 18th, 2009 at 18:02.
Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.
Unfortunatly due to lack of money i carnt afford a lord on demoic mount other wise id have baught one.
The Lord and BSB will go in the Knight unit and that unit has won all the games ive used it in but it does cost around half of the army. Everytime ive used 5 knights they have been shot down to 2 before i know it.
Unfortunatly im using all the models i own other wise i would have gone magic heavy, though i will admit i prefer Lore of Nurgle more than Tzeentch. So the list will have to stay as is at the moment and when ive finally got some money i can buy the list i would like, well from the feed back it sounds as if ill be losing another tourni. My uni never wins anyway so i think ill take some beers and get drunk!
Cheers for the feed back anyway guys.
Do not swap the mark of nurgle sorcerer for mark of tzeentch, nurgle is WAY more well rounded on a level 2 sorcerer and can be used in more situations. I think if you're going to go with two sorcerers I'd go.
-mark of nurgle
-book of secrets
-third eye of tzeentch
8 power dice
2 dispell scrolls
many choices of what spells to use (up to 4 lores in total )
I do agree that you should take the runesword on your lord though, nasty nasty
maybe swap him to mark of khorne and then add baner of rage to the knights and stick him in there. he'll be making 7 ws9 str6 attacks every round. vicious
Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9
You don't necessarily have to buy new models to make the most out of your current army. Daemonic Steed, for example, is quite hurty but a normal Chaos Steed can still serve your Lord and cheaper. Hey, if you can get a 50x50 base, put your Lord on that base and say he's on a tiny Daemonic Steed
Where do you plan to stick the Lord in? Together with the Knights and BSB? I still say that 6 Knights is (wide and expensive) enough, especially if you stick some characters in them.
Re-equip your sorcerers as Hurty here said and equip the Lord with Runesword. These will at least sort out your characters section.
Don't lose hope yet!
Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.