Revised 2500 tourny list slaanesh/nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised 2500 tourny list slaanesh/nurgle

Warhost of Netherbane

Exalted Hero - steed, glaive of putrefaction, shield
    exalted hero - steed, helm of many eyes, great weapon
    lvl 2 sorcerer - steed
    lvl 2 sorcerer - steed

15 warriors, mark of nurgle, full command, shields
    19 marauders - mark of slaanesh, full command, shields
    6 warhounds

15 chosen - mark of nurgle, full commmand, shields, banner of rage, favor of the gods
    5 knights
    chariot - mark of slaanesh

warshrine - mark of slaanesh

total 2500
    models - 106
    PD - 6
    DD - 4

I like this list a bit more than my last one, but I think it could still use a bit of tweaking,

One of the tactics I'd like to try with it would be a blitzkrieg. Which isn't necessarily fast, but I'll have the majority of my hard hitters focus on deploying on the left or right side of my opponent's force. Having a marauder unit with a sorc deploying on the other side as a feint to keep him somewhat distracted.

Forcing all strength on one part of his line should easily break it. forcing him to split up. granted by this time my feint would most likely be dead, I would have my army on his flank, thus the 280 points given up is a moot point.

On magic, I see the fire and death lores as perfectly fine on their own, and fit well into this list. I can use fire for mass damage, and death for that blitz breakthrough.

the Hero with the great weapon and helm would go with the knights, throwing his attacks as soon as they hit is nice, especially if someone else gets the charge. that should keep them around longer.

Hrm, the glaive hero I like a great deal, especially for the potential of destruction. Put him in a unit of marauders and if he encounters a greater demon, have the champ issue the challenge first so I get more chances to knock him down a size.

The chariots will move together as one unit, charging together, and killing together. If one of them dies in the process, so be it, damage will be done.

Oh and on the two warshrines. In my previous list that I play tested I had a warshrine and a hellcannon. The hellcannon misfired once, which was kind of nice, but useless (made everyone miscast) and every other round he shot successfully, but scattered away from every enemy unit. Also, he never rampaged, disappointingly.

However when I tried a list with two warshrines, they worked magnificently. Having them follow my chosen or other main line unit, and charging flanks for support damage they proved to work well with the force. highlight however was giving my chosen +1 to their save, and +1 attack on top of their roll at the beginning. That unit, even once taken to 5 models, destroyed 4 full skaven units.

Well there's some rambling on the thoughts I have for this list. a concentrated effort to break my opponents line and then fight through his flank, forcing him to come to my slaughter house.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Well here's my thoughts.

First off I don't understand why you put a great weapon on a monted character. He only gets +1 str and strikes last. You solved that with the helm of many eyes but stupidity tests on leadership 8 will pass the majority of the time but it would suck to see him go stupid at a bad time, especially if hes in a unit.

My other comment is your magic. You have 6 PD and that just seems like it will do almost nothing in a 2500 point game. You should either go big or go home imo with magic. Either go offensive and bring 10 or more PD with a lord and mage or 3 mages,
    or just bring two caddies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

The mark of tzeentch would be better than slannesh on the warshrines just to keep them alive longer. Why 19 marauders surely 20 is better and 6x3 for the other units
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I dont see MoS being a problem on the shrines. Its cheaper and keeps em from running. MoT is really nice to put on them but they are T6, 4 wounds, 4+ armor save and 4+ ward save already. Shrines are hard as nails already. I personally don't see a need to put 20 points into each one to make em harder with their original defensive statline. I personally keep mine unmarked and use the points for the rest of my army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well on the great weapon mounted, thank you, that was an oversight on my end.

I could drop the 6 warhounds.

change the great weapon hero to:
    hero - steed, sword of battle, shield

More damage potential, and survivability.

then add a marauder to each unit, leaving me 3 blocks of 20.

this leaves me 21 points, so now I could drop the steeds on the sorcerers, as they will be with the marauders anyways, and either give them dispell scrolls, or try to buff them.

Exalted Hero - steed, glaive of putrefaction, shield
    exalted hero - steed, sword of battle, shield
    lvl 2 sorcerer -
    lvl 2 sorcerer -

15 warriors, mark of nurgle, full command, shields
    20 marauders - mark of slaanesh, full command, shields

15 chosen - mark of nurgle, full commmand, shields, banner of rage, favor of the gods
    5 knights

total 2447
    models - 103
    PD - 6
    DD - 4

suggestions?
    Last edited by Suicide_Mission; March 19th, 2009 at 18:51.

+ Reply to Thread