2k balanced(?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k balanced(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k balanced(?)

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Nurgle
    Level 4
    Tendrils of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Halberd
    Shield
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Banner of the Gods
    Disc of Tzeentch

Sorceror (goes with marauders)
    Mark of Nurgle
    Extra Level
    Power Familiar
    Dispel Scroll

21 Marauders
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Light Armour
    Shields
    Full Command

5 Marauder Horseman
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Spears

5 Marauder Horseman
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Spears

Chariot
    Mark of Slaanesh

3 Dragon Ogres
    Additional Hand Weapons

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    Great Weapon
    Additional Hand Weapon

Total = 1999

Tactic is pretty simple. Try to pin with shaggoth, ogres, marauders, hammer them down with ogres chariot or shaggoth, and spam rot glorious, or lepper ;D

The daemon will easaly survive with some lucky regeneration rolls

going to playtest this saturday, ill let you guys know the outcome, but in the meantime : CC?

HK

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Princes don't have regenrate, unless youre planning on buffing him with the #2 nurgle spell, truthfully I'd be worried about the staying power of marauders, especially the horsemen. your flanking force seems stronger than your core, which may cause some issues, do tell us how it goes though!
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I can see what you mean.

The marauder horseman, I don't give a rats ass about If they die, fine, if they don't, fine. There more like warhounds to me. Just to draw out enemy's, force some charges, or hunt lone models or small skirmisher groups.

Ok my mainstay isn't that fantastic, though, how am I going to solve this problem? Remember I'm still playing around with the stubborn banner so if my marauders die, no problem, they wont break that fast. Swapping out my 20 man strong unit marauders for a 10-15 man warrior unit doesn't really seem like a great idea to me, because after a few rounbds of shooting, there isn't that much left, though I can see another assasin hacking down row, by row as it is now..
    I could swap out the chariot for a warshrine to give my mainstay (alot) more staying power, but this will cost me another hammer.

Also a thing i'm woried about.. : Dragons and the sort alike. I think ill just switch back to the regular tzeentch DP, for he has an answer to scary things like blood thristers and star dragon. At least alot better than a nurgle daemon.

A logical option is to drop the shaggoth, though I'dd hate to do that, and will only do this as a last resort.

I'll go back to my sketchboard to see if I can get more of a stable mainstay.

CC?

HK

Ps, yes I ment with the #2 spell of nurgle ofcourse

+ Reply to Thread