7k Keep seige army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7k Keep seige army!

I've been challenged by a local dwarf player (who owns almost 11k worth of dwarfs ugg) to a massive keep siege, I'm going to be the attacker, he will defend, playing on two 8x4 tables to make one giant 8x16' playing field. I will definitely document this with photos to share in the awesomeness! We will be playing until 75% casualties on either side, so it will be going WAY past 6 turns, estimating it will take 3-4 days to play out. I have about half of what I need so it wont be happening until about june, will keep it updated with pics and so on though of my progress!

Lords:

Daemon Prince 535
    -level 4
    -mark of tzeentch
    -Tendrils of tzeentch

Kholek Sun Eater xxx

Sorcerer Lord 770
    -level 4
    -mark of Nurgle
    -Chaos Dragon
    -Enchanted shield
    -Infernal Puppet
    -Crown of Everlasting Conquest
    -blood curdling roar

Heroes:

Exalted Hero 334
    -Mark of khorne
    -juggernaught
    -BSB
    -banner of the gods
    -flail
    -shield

Exalted Hero 179
    -mark of Tzeentch
    -collar of khorne
    -glaive of putrefaction
    -flail
    -shield

Sorcerer 206
    -level 2
    -mark of nurgle
    -power familiar
    -golden eye of tzeentch
    -barded steed

Sorcerer 160
    -level 2
    -mark of nurgle
    -fury of the blood god

Core:

Warriors(30 ) 570
    -mark of slaanesh
    -halberds
    -shields
    -full command
    -rapturous standard

Warriors(30 ) 595
    -mark of slaanesh
    -halberds
    -shields
    -full command
    -blasted standard

Marauders(30 ) 210
    -mark of slaanesh
    -light armor
    -shields
    -full command

Marauders(30 ) 210
    -mark of slaanesh
    -light armor
    -shields
    -full command

Marauders(30 ) 230
    -mark of nurgle
    -flails
    -light armor
    -full command

Marauders(30 ) 230
    -mark of nurgle
    -flails
    -light armor
    -full command

Marauder Horsemen(5) 150
    -mark of khorne
    -flails
    -throwing axes
    -light armor
    -full command

Marauder Horsemen(5) 150
    -mark of khorne
    -flails
    -throwing axes
    -light armor
    -full command

Specials:

Chosen(15) 420
    -mark of nurgle
    -great weapons
    -full command
    -banner of rage
    -FOTG

Knights(5) 230
    -mark of khorne

Knights(5) 230
    -mark of khorne

Chariot 130
    -mark of slaanesh

Chariot 130
    -mark of slaanesh

Rares:

Hellcannon xxx

Hellcannon xxx

Warshrine 140
    -mark of slaanesh

Warshrine 140
    -mark of slaanesh

Giant xxx

Last edited by Hurtinator; March 31st, 2009 at 06:09.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Is he going straight up gunline or more balanced?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Yeah, 7k worth of a dorf gunline is gonna tear up pretty much all comers.

That's gonna be a looooooong 3-4 days, with Kholek and the Dragon likely taking alot of cannonballs in their respective stomachs.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

In seiges aren't you supposed to have twice the points as the defender???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He typically plays pretty balanced, I'll have to double check on the double points for the attacker but I'm pretty sure that is part of the last stand, not a siege, we are using a warhammer siege rulebook I found at a used bookstore I think it's from like 4th edition lol.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Ok I dont know a lot about large battles so much but here is a thought I have. More experienced guys can shoot this down if it is a bad idea.

Since you will be going against a lot of guns and cannons why not make all your elite (non marauder units) smaller. A lot of units of ten could be more effective. More units to shoot at which means they cant focus fire as much. And more units running horizontally wont take as many casualties from a cannon. You can cut cannon casualties in half or more possibly. The only issue could be panicing, but we can reroll that anyways and if you have a lord in the mix or siggy you can get a rerollable LD 9 or 10.

You could be hurt for when you get there slightly but more units means you can attack more things. And your warriors should be able to cut through dwarves well without ranks I think. Though attacking a ranked up dwarf unit could be tough to win combat against.

This is just one general idea I have. Others please comment on whether you agree/disagree.

Also flyer exalteds could be used to occupy a gunner unit. Give him Golden Eye and MoT and flank some shooters. They can't shoot while in combat.
    Last edited by sdefreit; April 1st, 2009 at 09:41.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

hmmm, well i fought alot of seiges in the last edition of Fantasy (not sure what edition we're on now let alone what the last one was) And in all those games the attackers had twice as many points as the defenders. The Castle walls, defences and what have you more than made for the lack of points,

I'm not sure what the seige rules you've got are like though This is what it was like when i last did a seige.

You don't need big units as the combats are won through kills alone rather than rank bonus and outnumber. Plus if you're using ladders etc only one bloke can vault up the ladder per combat phase. Essentially fighting 3 of their blokes. And they'll count as having a defended obstical. So having chracters jump up the ladder first and winning the fight and carving a space for the rest of your unit is more than valuable

Giants in a seige? Not that brilliant if i remember correctly. You're probably better off going for something like another unit of Warriors.

Are all the Dwarves going to be behind a nice big CAstle Wall? or will he have some units sallying forth from the Gates or will he have some units deployed on the ground? If they're all going to be behind nice big walls what are your horsemen going to acheive?

Sorcerers. Against dwarves, I always find that not buying ANY sorcerers at all and getting in those Exalted heros pay off more. Dwarves have SO much Anti-Magic you're just going to Cry!!! With all the hard fights getting onto the walls and what have you you're going to need combat characters to be first on the walls.

Some ideas anyway, So what ARE these seige rules like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

The problem I see here is the amount of cannons you'll befacing. Both Kholek and the Dragon could easily be shot down in a turn if not protected right. You need lots of hordes scattered out to take the brunt of the shootiing. Also you need something that can take out cannons, flyers and magic. When you have weakened his shooting you bring forth the elite knights and warriors, preferably chariots.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread