Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hello everybody. I've put this following 1500 point list together but am torn on a couple things. My buddies and I are having a friendly round robin tournament with the following list limitations:
Each player will fill a roster of no more than 1500pts. I will use this roster for all five games, so I’ll need to be balanced to face each army. No special or named heroes are permitted. No Dogs of War permitted.
Armies I'll be facing are Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves. Here's my list:
Sorcerer (Lore of Heavens)
Book of Secrets (Lore of Death)
(Goes with Chaos Warriors)
Exalted Hero of Tzeentch
Bronze Armour of Zhrakk
(goes with Knights)
Marauders (10 )
Marauders (10 )
Chaos Warriors (10 )
Chaos Knights (5)
Decisions to make:
1. Use one or two Exalted? If one, which do I lose?
2. Use Giant or Hellcannon as Rare? (I'd rather used another unit of Knights but no models right now)
3. Bulk up my Chaos Warrior unit to 12-15? If so, what do I give up?
1. Warhounds will screen the MoK Knights
2. Use the Warriors and Marauders to hold the middle
3. Pick a flank based on deployments and use the Chariot, Giant and Knights to move forward, destroy opposing flank unit and turn in toward the center.
4. Use Exalted on disc as reserves to reinforce wherever needed or hunt down enemy Heroes with killing blow/poison attacks
5. Considering giving the Sorcerer a steed to enable him to support the Knights with Portents of Far (12'' range)
I'm concerned that my middle will not hold. Open to any thoughts or suggestions. :-)
Our level 2 wizards cannot take lore of heavens, only our lord level sorcerers can do that.
Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9
looks like Tzeetch it is :-) Thanks
If hes going with the knights, either give them lances or take the runeshield off the exalted, his runeshield negates the magic weapons the knights carry giving them only str 4 rather than str 5. However, the lances are not magic, so they can still get their bonuses. A unit of khorne knights with an exalted should break pretty much anything on a charge, so you wont get the downside of the lances.Exalted Hero
(goes with Knights)If he's going to be your character killer, i'd say give him the runeshield or Axe of Khorne. The Disc is great for character hunting, but if he can't kill it when he gets there, its kinda useless.4. Use Exalted on disc as reserves to reinforce wherever needed or hunt down enemy Heroes with killing blow/poison attacks
Last edited by Ayliffe; April 7th, 2009 at 00:28.
2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1