1k starting list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k starting list

After making a few initial purchases I wanted to start putting together a 1k list. I'm new to Warhammer and WoC so any criticism is more than welcome!

1k List

Hero- 190

Tzeentch Sorcerer- 190
    lvl 2, MoT, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets

Core- 465

10x Warriors- 170
    Shields, MoS

20x Marauders- 150
    Shields, Light Armour, Full Command, MoS

5x Marauder Horsemen- 85
    Flails, MoS

5x Warhounds- XX
    5x Warhounds- XX

Special- 230

Knights- 230
    MoN

Rare- 110

Spawn- XX
    Spawn- XX
    --------------
    995pts
    53 models

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army looks fairly sound. I would suggest thinking about adding a standard to your knights to make it that more likely they will win the combat on the charge.

Also remember to keep you wizard save, in your warriors or mauraders. Use your warhounds as a shield against arrows when your moving your warriors, mauraders, etc. up.

Spawn would be best used to try to tie up units, as they can be pretty good at staying alive, though be careful as they are rather random.

Thats all I can really say, and the list looks sound to me.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response Nikolas.

I think if I wanted the Warriors to win on the charge I would give them Mark of Khorne and go for all out offense. Instead I want the warriors to last in combat and whittle opposing troops down hence MoS. I'll consider the standard though and thanks for that suggestion.

Spawns will go on the flanks and tie up any potential flanking maneuvers.

I'm thinking that my sorcerer will go with the marauders to stay nice and safe.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

A good list, solid. If I was you though, I would try to have more warriors. But that's just me, my chaos list is all in chaos armour so if you'd rather not I wouldn't worry. Just be careful to put your spawn in places they can do damage, they're a little unpredictable. *thumbs up* nice job man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal_God View Post
    A good list, solid. If I was you though, I would try to have more warriors. But that's just me, my chaos list is all in chaos armour so if you'd rather not I wouldn't worry. Just be careful to put your spawn in places they can do damage, they're a little unpredictable. *thumbs up* nice job man
    Thanks!

I would love to field more warriors as they are one of my favourite models in the WoC army (along with Knights, Spawns and Daemon Princes) but they are quite expensive point-wise. When I get to 1.5K I will for sure add more warriors in but for now a single unit of 10 is all I can manage.

+ Reply to Thread