2250pts list vs all sort of elves and humans :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250pts list vs all sort of elves and humans :)

Hi guys. iv been reading some of the more recent posts regarding WoC lists and really liked the idea of the 3 sorc's of tzeentch flying around blasting things to bits

I love magic in this game and came up with this list for fighting my friends lists which will be empire, dark elves, high elves and maybe lizards

This is what I came up with and was hoping to get some constructive criticism as to why its good or why it wont work and how to fix it. Thanks everyone in advance!

Sorcerer Lord lvl 4 mark of tzeentch on disk 410pts
    1 Enchanted Shield
    1 Spell Familiar
    1 Golden Eye of Tzeentch
    1 Rod of Torment

Sorcerer lvl 2 mark of tzeentch on disk 210 Pts
    1 Skull of Katam

Sorcerer lvl 2 mark of tzeentch on disk 210 Pts
    1 Power Familiar
    1 Book of Secrets

Throgg 175pts

4 Chaos trolls 180pts

12 Chosen of Khorne shield, full command + Rapturous Standard 355pts
    Champion w/ Collar of Khorne

5 Chaos Knights of nurgle w/ banner of wrath 325 Pts
    Full command

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch 150 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ throwing axes + shields @ 86 Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ throwing axes + shields @ 86 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2247

I am not even sure on how I would use this list as I have only been playing brets and finding their old rules a bit stale and also getting pwned by the new books

I guess the marauders would be in the middle of the table with the warshrine in tow, flanked by the knights and they flanked by the horse men. the hounds as screens and most of my dmg mainly coming from my sorcs. I changed the lvl 2 one to a lvl 4 to maybe do some gate blasting to see the look of horror on my friends/cousins faces lol Wulfrik would be there to take out some of the scary character combos I have been witnessing lately. Doubt he will achieve his goal tho!!!

Wulfrik has now been replaced with throgg and the marauders for trolls and the 2nd unit of knights for a nice hard chosen unit!!

what do you think guys?

Last edited by thaeron; April 26th, 2009 at 08:46. Reason: Changing list :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you knew what I know, then we would both know what we know and if we both knew what we know.... well F*$% knows."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd highly consider replacing the marauders and wulfrik with throgg and a unit of 3-4 trolls, throgg is much more character killy with his special vomit rule and it's basically like a free bsb. If you do go with this army setup I'd take advantage of wuulfriks special longship rule though, don't play him on the board immediatly unless you are playing against a fast army with no artillery like bretonians.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an interesting idea

getting rid of wulfrick and the marauders of khorne gives me 3 chaos trolls + Throgg and allows me to give my 2 units of hounds a 6+ save
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you knew what I know, then we would both know what we know and if we both knew what we know.... well F*$% knows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I would try to find a better use of the points than giving the houds 6+ saves. Str 4 will automatically negate it, 6+ save is not going to save many hounds and they will most likely take enough casualties to panic anyways.

I would also recommend just leaving the knights with their magic weapons. I know you come from brets and love your lances but having magic attacks can be very nice against some units, and the +1 STR all the time is great for extended combats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! I just thought I would leave a little feedback regarding how my list has done this last week!

First game against dark elves 1100 pt win in my favour! was a great time the wizards flew around blowing things to bits and my Lord is unkillable lol with 1+ save and 3+ ward against shooting he just stays away from anything that can charge him! oh yeah... Infernal Gate... 12 str 8 hits on a unit of fast cav witha sorc in there... bye bye unit lol!!!

Second game against high elves. Guy conceded on third turn. He had tyrion in a unit of knights, 7 str 7 IG on them,. bye bye all knights

My trolls have been INCREDIBLE IN BOTH GAMES! smashing everything and that auto hit attack is NUTS...! just out of curiousity, those auto hits... are they anything like chariot hits?

Trolls beat a unit of 8 or 9 cold one riders and ran them down and the next game beat a chariot, 10 swordsmen and beat tyrion and auto broke him then ran him down LOL

also both games my knights have only kill a couple of models with their banners lol... they havnt gotten into any combat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread