Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Please tell me if you see something I can fix and make better.
Fury of the Blood God
Disk of Tzeentch
(Sorcerer on foot goes here)
1999 points in all
I usually play more of a Nurgle and Tzeentch army but I wanted to mix it up for a few battles!
I have won my last 3 games with this list, they were against WE, HE and Brets.
Looks like a solid list. Ill throw you a few things I see but your in no trouble at all with this list
1) Your DP has the homoculous. I dont see this needing him a whole lot. Throwing 5 dice at Gateway with a reroll seems sufficient enough to get the 15 you need. Im guessing your using it to help with his second spell so you can get another decent sized spell off. Id be very careful with it because you dont want him going stupid.
2) Your two level two casters are both MoT. I think MoT is a strong build for level twos, but I think you should make at least one of them MoN. Bubboes is a spell that is going to hurt the enemies characters, and being light on combat characters yourself it might be a nice way to help out there. Plus bubboes is great for drawing DD and scrolls so youll have your other spells freed up more.
3) Infernal Puppet? Your DP wont be miscasting much with tendrils, and level twos rarely miscast. I think it would be a good idea to throw in other items like BoS, scrolls, maybe rod of torment.
4) Im not a big fan of champions. They are good if you are protecting a caster but other than that I dont like them much. You can drop the champ from the warrior group without the caster and the champs in the marauder and knights groups. Use the points to beef up you warrior units to 12 man units so you can get that 6 man frontage. You can also find some extra points in maybe dropping the homoculous or maybe bloodcurdling roar.
5) I see why you put MoT on the warshrine. It gives it a 3+ ward save which is nasty, but with toughness 6, 4+ armor save, 4+ ward save, and 4 wounds hes tough enough already. His main issue is going to be losing combat because he isnt very killy. He is really only good as a support combat guy and for flank coverage. You can save a few more points by dropping the mark altogether or by making him MoS if you are facing a fear heavy army.
Last edited by sdefreit; April 28th, 2009 at 00:36.
Thanks for the tips.
Ill probly change some stuff up.
I used infernal puppet because the wood elf army and highelf army were very magic heavy and it took out 2 wizards and saved mine off 3 miscasts.
Thanks again for the input.
Isn't the conjoined homonculus a magic item?
And DP's can't take magic items, only gifts of the gods.
Give the warshrine the mark of slaneesh, and then use him as an anvil.
So maybe getting rid of one unit of the warriors.
Then with the spare points, beef up the other unit of warriors, and also add maybe another marauder unit?
The homoculous is a gift. Just to clarify
Sorry, my mistake, don't have the book with me. ¬.¬
No big deal dude. Im just letting you know.