2250 Tournament, to cheese or not to cheese - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Tournament, to cheese or not to cheese

Hi All,
    Well here is my list:

Valkia

Exalted Hero
    Helberd
    Barded Steed
    MoK

Sorcerer
    Level 2
    Barded Steed
    2 x Dispel Scroll

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    Additional Hand Weapon

Giant

Knights (5)
    Musician
    MoK

Knights (5)
    Musician
    MoK

Knights (5)
    Musician
    MoK

Marauder Horsemen (5)
    Flails
    MoS

Marauder Horsemen (5)
    Flails
    MoS

Marauder Horsemen (5)
    Flails
    MoS

Warhounds (5)

I haven't tried it yet, so I am not sure how it's going to perform. Please let me know what you think.

Now the trick is that during the next tournament, all cheesy lists are going to earn less points. It's up to judges and opponents to decide if a list is cheesy or not. I could swap:

a unit of Knights,
    a unit of Marauders Horsemen
    and Warhounds

for:
    a unit of Warriors (10 )
    and a unit of Marauders (25)

That would give me a slow flank that would have problems to keep up with the rest of the army, but it would make the list look more balanced and less cheesy. I am just not sure is it going to offset things enough. For me any Chaos army looks dangerous and cheesy.
    I know the best army for that tournament would be one that doesn't look dangerous, something like woodelves or lizardmen with lots of overpowered characters, but I prefare to stick to WoC (Hail Khorne!!!)
    It's a tricky problem and I am almost at the stage to say: the hell with it, and play my cheesy list. Tell me what do you think.

Last edited by Yarrek; April 30th, 2009 at 10:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally your list looks like a load of fun to play and be pwned by

I would keep it

The only change I would go for is dropping the lvl 2 on your Sorcerer as he wont cast anything anyways and using the 35pts for Warhounds or a Mark on the Knights or Light Armor for the Marauder Horsemen!

my 2 cents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot, the Knights already have marks (it's on the list now).
    Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest dropping the dragon ogre shaggoth for a group of 3 dragon ogres with GW. Costs 44 less points, has 6 more wounds, 3 more attacks, 1 more str, but has 2 less WS. I would take another group of dogs.

Also, what are you trying to accomplish with your marauder horsemen? The MoS and flails part kinda confuse me. I suggest keeping 1 of those MoS and switching the flails for throwing axe or spear to use them for screening/baiting to help out a ton with the rest of your khorne army and to switch the remaining two group to MoK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so you are aware Valkia has no where to be put. If she joins cav she has to use her ground movement, and the knights become M4. If she's alone, shes not awful but things like cannons, bolt throwers, organ guns can snipe her. Her shield helps somewhat but you don't want to lose Valkia to a goblin spear chukka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for comments.

Well, my plan is as follows:
    -The main punch is from Knights.
    -Hero and Shaggoth are supporing Knights to give them extra push (That's why I prefare to use Shaggoth than Dragon Ogres. He's got smaller base and is easier to manouver)
    -If I am going to face a shooty army with no hills, or VC rising skeletons in the middle of the field, I am going to use Marauder Horsemen and Warhounds as shields. Otherwise they try to get to the flanks and contest quaters.
    -Valkia is going to hunt characters and machines, with her wings and killing blow she should do well.
    -Giant can take an enemy unit by himself and protect a flank if needed.
    -Sorcerer is to slow down enemy's magic.
    That's about it.
    Comments welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If thats the case you might want to opt out of the flails and take spears and throwing axes, and a second giant instead of the Shaggoth. Also remember with your Marauder Cav they're fast cav so if there is a gap btw units you can change your frontage for free and still get the majority of your attacks against 3 men warmachine crew.

A really good use of Valkia, in this case would be like a single model bloodthrister. With her shield shes, she loses the war save but warmachines still wound at the same rate as on a thirster, just hit less. I know previously I warned against her use this way but if you plan to play fast and hard it shouldn't be a problem.

The only problem i see with your list as it is now is that it only does damage in one phase. This is one of the first things people react to when calling armies cheesy. Seeing 2/3 of an army dissappear in a turn is very disenheartening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of suggestions:
    1. If you are going to run knights of Khorne, Run them 6 wide with lances. There is almost nothing in the game that can hold that up.
    2. your opponents are going to have so much fun with all those frenzied knights. I play an all cav chaos force, and one unit of those knights of khorne is more than plenty.
    3. i hope you have banners and musicians on all those knights unit. They are worth the points.
    4. Drop the sorcerer to level 1.
    Hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread