2250 Fast / Cav. List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Fast / Cav. List

Lord/Heroes
    Sorcerer Lord- How should I kit him? roughly 410 points to spend....
    Exalted- BSB, BotG, MoT Disc, Fl, Sh
    Sorcerer- Lvl. 1, chariot, Scroll, Enchanted Shield?(thought it might be neccessary if he gets into combat but not sure...)

Core
    5x M. Horsemen- MoK, Fl
    5x M. Horsemen- MoK, Fl
    5x M. Horsement- MoS, LA, Fl, throwing spears
    5x Hounds
    5x Hounds

Special
    4x Dragon Ogres
    5x Knights- Mus., St., Blasted Standard, MoT
    Chariot- MoS

Rare
    Giant- MoS

So the plan is to use the DO's as an anvil of sorts with the BSB right behind them, use MoK Horsemen and Knights to deal damage, Giant and Chariots will be used to take flanks but also deal damage and in the case of the giant hold a unit. MoS horsemen are there to take flanks, and general harassment. Hounds help screen of coarse. Question I have is how to kit out the Lord as to cause trouble with magic. I would like him to be MoT cuz my favorite model that I have done is a sorcerer on a disc but I am open to suggestions. Any thoughts? Comments welcome and thanks in advance.

Last edited by NurgleKnight17; May 19th, 2009 at 06:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Some people like giants, I don't. MoS Giant is massive points, more than 5 nurgle knights with command. I'd rather have the knights.

Drop the shield on your lvl1 and pick up a power familiar.

As far as a sorcerer lord, things I'd suggest are enchanted shield, collar of khorne, maybe infernal puppet.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am kinda curious as to what you are trying to do with your sorc lord and your sorc. I highly recommend dropping the chariot, making him level 2 MoT/disc and throwing infernal puppet on him. I wouldn't suggest bringing in the sorc lord without a similar setup for what I just mentioned as he won't be doing much at all without it. For the lord I like running him with MoT/disc, spell familiar, and enchanted shield. You probly won't see much of a difference in points as what you were currently planning and now you will be able to drop 2 flickering fires and a gateway with less risks. Flickering fires are nothing to scoff at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x1)

I have found that you can have a solid magic phase with just a Lv 4 and Lv 2. Optimum setup I have found is

Lord with MoT, disc, bloodcurdling roar (2D6 str 1 no AS is awesome vs knights), puppet, scroll, enchanted shield (1+Sv), golden eye Tz (3+ ward vs shooting & magic missiles). Just don't get him into combat and he will survive the game. Costs 430 points

Lv 2 Tz, power familiar, conjoined homunculus (+D3 to casting value), scroll. This guy can get some of the higher casting spells like gateway, using only 3 dice plus homunculus. I have found homunculus invaluable, as you can confidently cast those mid range spells like treason on two dice. Costs 190 points.

Power dice 9, two scrolls, and 5 dispel dice

Typical magic phase Flickering Fire or Pandemonium (2 dice), Flickering Fire or treason with homunculus (2 dice), Gateway (5 dice).

The times when you get gateway on both castors, Gateway (5 dice), Gateway (3 dice + homunculus), Flickering Fire (1 dice).

The times you don't get gateway on either castor, Flickering Fire (2 Dice), Flickering Fire (2 Dice), Treason (3 Dice or 2 with humunculus), Pandemonium (2 dice using homunculus if needed). Or you could cast treason twice if you had it on both castors.

Sorry for the rant on magic, but often times the validity of taking a particular magic combination needs a practical application.

As to your list, chariots are a bit slow and agree with pinkus, you need more knights for a calvary list. I would be dropping the giant and chariot in favour of more knights. I personally like units of 6 khorne knights, with a dog screen, 270 points is awesome value for what they do. Generally though I offset their frenzy, by incorporating MoS flail & axe armed maurauder horse for baiting, harassing, flank charging.

Good luck with your list
    Last edited by mercenary; May 20th, 2009 at 04:23.

+ Reply to Thread