500 and 1000, First army lists, Khorne. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 and 1000, First army lists, Khorne.

Hey there ^^
    So these are my first lists, they're fluffy but i really want them to be competitive too.
    The theme is this khornate champion, with his trusted blades of khorne, a unit of warriors, who crushes the weak in his anger.
    I will later link back to my army background, which is wery long...
    So basicly there has to be a Champion of Khorne, (preferebly with the favour of the gods.) and at least one unit of warriors of Khorne in each list. And no marauders! Except horsemen, they can be used fluff wise. Oh and scroll-caddy sorcerors are perfect. (Slaves you'kno )

Ok so here we go:

500 Point list

Exalted Champion of Khorne - 138
    • Great Weapon
    • Favour of The Gods
    • Mark of Khorne
    Warriors of Khorne (11) - 220
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Shields
    • Full Command
    Marauder Horsemen of Khorne (5) - 111
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    • Musician
    Warhounds (5) - xx

Total - 499

The Warriors will be my ace. At a low pit game like 500, there wont be that much to threaten them, but just in case i got my warhounds to shield them from shooting and the like. The Marauder Horsemen will be my deadly flankers and also deal with skirmishers, warmachines and other fast cav.
    The Great Weapon on my ExC is for extra power to my warriors, so they may also deal with stuff like ogres.

Ok next list:

1000 point list

Exalted Champion of Khorne - 180
    • Axe of Khorne
    • Favour of The Gods
    • Shield
    • Mark of Khorne
    Warrors of Khorne (17) - 332
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Shields
    • Full Command
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    • Musician
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    • Musician
    Warhounds (6) - xx

Knights of Khorne (5) - 230
    • Mark of Khorne

Points total - 1000

Ok so basicly the same idea here, but now with added punch from the knights, for those big and nastys, and also more flanking from the Marauder horsemen.

So what do you guys think? Again i would like this to be competitive so bring that constructive criticism.

Thanks

Manorr

"Scream your lungs out!"
    Manorr Stormbreaker, the Silent - Lord of Khorne

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so no replies yet, well i'll bring that constructive critisicm myself then ^^

I noticed about the 1000 points list, that i will be absolutely shot to bitz by magic strong armys so heres a change. Also i decided to take the mark off the knights so they won't be lead on some marry dance. ^^ I need them to kill the big guys, not to go charging after fast cav.

1000 point list

Exalted Champion of Khorne - 180
    • Axe of Khorne
    • Favour of The Gods
    • Shield
    • Mark of Khorne
    Slave-Sorceror of Nurgle - 130
    • Mark of Nurgle
    • Dispell Scroll
    Warrors of Khorne (16) - 332
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Shields
    • Full Command
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    • Musician
    Warhounds (5) - xx

Chaos Knights (5) - 230
    • Musician and Standarbearer

Points total - 997

Ok so what do you guys think about this list and the 500 points?
    Last edited by ManorrStormbreaker; June 2nd, 2009 at 09:33.
    "Scream your lungs out!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well come on people!
    Is my list perfect or what, since you guys are not responding?

Manorr
    "Scream your lungs out!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

haha i don't know why no body is responding man, doesn't make any sense...

anyway, i like your idea (slave scroll caddy's...that's pretty genious) and at first the army looks pretty cool. I have alot of good experience with MoK myself so you have my vote !

there are a few things i'm not so sure about though:
    first off, the exalted! why not put him on a horse ( or juggy) and let him ride with your knights? that way you can put the sorcerer in the warriors squad and letting it walk with them ( who lets their slave walk loose anyway =P)

next! full command...bit of a waste of points since the champion isn't really needed in these small games. use the points to buy your exalted a horse or something =P

and then there is the flanking/deep striking stuff that might cause you trouble, i have noticed that a flying sorcerer, or some infiltrating unit can totally blow our march moves and knights/warriors are to slow to do anything about it. but usually these marchblockers are small, and weak units at these games. the best thing i found against this threat are....spawns! for 55points you can solve the entire problem. deploy a spawn behind you line...or let it protect a flank and you will never be disappointed. some people whine about spawns but i consider them one of the most useful units in the army.

now with those things in mind, lets see where we can spare some points...

the warriors! at 1k...10 warriors is enough to take down about anything ( excluding treeman and such ofcourse) so a unit of 16 is a bit overkill ( serieusly, with 3 attacks each, 5 khorne warriors is all you need to be honest) so thin that unit a bit and you have alot of points to spare. ( to get you a juggy and a spawn maybe ;) )

and i guess that's my advice for now...i'll check out later if you want to discuss anything :)

vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Vid! ^^ Thanks for the response.

Well basicly i was gonna run the sorceror and ExC in the same warrior unit to form 3 lines of 6... But i see your point there, way too much of a overkill there, and i do have the hounds for screening, and the caddy for anti magic, so those guys should make it to combat safe... About the spawn thing, i actually like the idea! And they will fit perfectly fluff-wise! Good god, just noticed that i made an error point-wise... Ok so here's another change, what do ya think?

1000 point list

Exalted Champion of Khorne - 230
    • Axe of Khorne
    • Favour of The Gods
    • Shield
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Juggernaut
    Slave-Sorceror of Nurgle - 130
    • Mark of Nurgle
    • Dispell Scroll
    Warrors of Khorne (11) - 224
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Shields
    • Musician and Standardbearer
    • Mark of Khorne
    • Flails
    • Musician
    Warhounds (5) - xx

Chaos Knights (5) - 230
    • Standarbearer
    Spawn of Chaos - xx

Points total - 1000

Ok so how about it now? I'm a bit worried bout my ExC going charging after things and my knights having to follow 'cause otherwise he'll charge out of the unit... Or am i mistaken here?

Manorr
    "Scream your lungs out!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

hehe you're welcome man, always fun to help a WoC player out.

now about your list....i like it!

the first thing i would think about when i see this list though is that it is out of synergy. while your warriors advance slowly, the horseman en knights move up fast. So it's going to take a bit of tactics from your side to make it work together and make sure that the horse don't get in combat alone for 3 turns before the warriors arrive. but some practise with that and you'll be fine.

the exalted running off might be a problem sometimes, but in your case i would not really worry.
    in my 1k experience i haven't found alot of enemy's who are fast enough to run away from a charge of our cavalry, and even if you don't want your unit to charge, you can always let the exalted jump out and charge on his own, he can probably take on any unit that h charges with this setup anyway, but if you're afraid that he is not going to make it, then just charge the entire unit in there and massacre the unit.
    and even it you do find out ( with some playing here and there) that the exalted gets lured around to make stupid charges, then you can always drop the knights banner and something small and get yourself another unit of hounds. these can walk in front of your exalted and make sure that he doesn't charge off on his own. (some practicing with this and the trick will be easy)

other then that it seems like a fun list to play. But with a WoC army, there are a lot of setups that work well on 1k so try it out and see if it needs some tweaking here and there.

Vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im glad you like it

Hmm, yeah i was thinking that i might need an extra unit of hounds, but well i like the list as it is now Oh and about the warriors, well im planning to let my Cruise missiles hunt on there own. They're not gonna be doin' that much flanking with the warriors, as i don't see it necessary. So they'll go poppin warmachines, enemy fast cav., skirmishers an the weaker units of the enemy, while my knights advance (mostly behind cover) along my warriors, so that they will charge with max. one turn in between. That way i keep a fairly straigt battleline with only my Cruisers charging ahead.

Thanks again man, i'm soon gonna post a 2250 list in case you also want to take a look at that. Just so you know

Thanks again

Manorr
    "Scream your lungs out!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

sounds like a good idea, keeping the line in fantasy is so important in most battles, but i think you'll do nicely unless you meet realy cheesy lists and stuff.

i'll be waiting for the 2250 list, just give me a PM when you got it up and i'll look at it if you want me too.

untill then, get yourself some games, the first few games and teach you so damn much about the game and how the army plays.

vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors of Chaos.

Hey guys i just stumbled over this thread and decided to register
    I just wanted to ask for some advice on my chaos army, if its not too much trouble
    Im a beginner, so im not quite sure what to field, i've got 3 warriors of chaos regiments (12) one chaos knight regiment (5) a champion model, a sorceror, a chariot, and a hellcannon(even though its against the rules i still use the cannon as its just battles between friends)
    I am a fan of khorne myself, but would simply have no idea where to start.. normally i just use all my units as chaos undivided. I play mostly against skaven and goblins.
    Any help is apreciated!

Rulke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Rulke

Sorry for the late answer, somehow i missed that you replied.
    Well m8, you should start a thread on your own here in the WoC-Army lists section.
    Titel it something like: New to WoC need help!!!
    Other than thaqt just read all the army list you like the look of, and see what people respond to them, that should give you a good idea of how things are goinbg down with chaos
    Anyways good luck to ya m8!

Manorr
    "Scream your lungs out!"

+ Reply to Thread