2250 Magic Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Magic Heavy

I just came up with this list. I want it to be as competitive as I can, but still remain balanced when it comes to AC (army composition).

The list leaves me with 19 pts to spend. Anyways, here is the list.

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch 385
    -Disc
    -Lvl 4
    -Spell Familiar, Armour of Zhrakk, Rod of Torment

Sorcerer of Tzeentch 125
    -Disc

Sorcerer of Tzeentch 195
    -Disc
    -Lvl 2
    -Infernal Puppet

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch 174
    -Disc
    -BSB
    -Flail, Shield

Warriors of Nurgle (12) 252
    -Standard Bearer, Musician
    -Shields, Halberds

Marauders of Slaanesh (25) 180
    -Full Command
    -Light Armour, Shields

Marauder Horsemen of Khorné (5) 105
    -Flails

2x Warhounds (5) XX

Chosen of Slaanesh (18 ) 425
    -Full Command
    -Shields, Halberds
    -Favour of the Gods

Chariot of Slaanesh 130

Knights (5) 200

The tactic is as follows:

Magic
    2 dice Flickering Fire
    2 dice Flickering Fire
    Rod of Torment
    5 dice Infernal Gateway OR 2 dice flickering and 3 dice pandaemonium

My heavy magic bombing will (hopefully) force my opponent to advance forwards. When they arrive they will meet my infantryblocks in CC, and hopefully get beaten to dust.

I'm not sure about the Cruise Missile though, their points could be used to beef up some units, or add some spawns.

So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I actually got excited when I saw you fit a unit of 18 chosen into this army. Man I love chosen. They just have this presence about them. And 18 will dominate any part of the battlefield. Except most likely they will be ignored.

Few comments:
    Nurgle warriors are nice, but I think our biggest weakness is against psychology, so by saving yourself 20 points you could drop their mark to slaanesh. 20 points just happens to be the same cost of the rapturous standard. Either the warriors or the chosen would love that banner.

Overall I like it. I'd keep the cruise missile horsemen. You might need something that can get to warmachines and deal some damage. Even if 1 horsemen makes it to that cannon crew, he still has a good chance of winning combat.

I also don't like the armor on your lord. You cause fear because of the disc, so you'll never take a terror check and why would you be charging a terror causer to ever take a fear check. You reroll panic checks because you're a warrior of chaos. That just leaves the killing blow and poison immunities. If you play it smart you shouldn't be getting killing blowed. Only real threat there is waywatchers. Poison immunity might be the best thing this armor gives, but I don't see it being all that worth it. You're really just worrying about skinks at this point and having a 1+ armor save, thanks to the enchanted shield I think would be better served. And let's not forget that fleeing from charges with this guy could win you games.
    Last edited by Pinkus; June 18th, 2009 at 20:46.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people here gear up their wizards with magic items, gifts to the maximum limits, but I like to spend the points on units instead. That way I can field that bone-hard block!

The reason I have MoN on warriors is that I don't own any warriors with MoS. I have 12 MoN and 12 MoK. So it's quite a situation. I would want them to be Slaanesh, but I don't want to repaint them

About the armour, yea I get your point. It's probably just a waste of points.

Another thing that came up my mind was to give my BSB a war banner. That way he can give 2, or even more combat resolution to a unit that needs it. But perhaps it's better to just give it to a unit instead. What do you think?

+ Reply to Thread