750pt Warriors of Chaos Army List / First Fantasy Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt Warriors of Chaos Army List / First Fantasy Army

Here is my first attempt at a Fantasy Army. Several of my friends and I have agree to learn together. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the marauders and thus an trying to avoid using them. Any suggestions?

Hero
    Exalted Hero 131pt
    - Steed
    - Shield

Core
    12 x Chaos Warriors 216pt
    Champion
    Standard Bearer
    Shields

5 x Marauder Horsemen 82pt
    Shields
    Standard Bearer

Special
    5 x Chaos Knights 220pt
    Standard Bearer

5 x Chosen 95pt
    Halberds

______

744pt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Update

I was thinking about it last night and if you guys that know what your doing think I should use the marauders, I could and just use different models (I am thinking of modelling some chaos dwarfs) for the marauders.

Any suggestions or advice, would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop the chosen... you need more core and can spend the points on upgrades, Marauder Horsemen work best as Khorne Cruise Missiles (Flails, LA and MOK) but this will do well too, maybe give your Exalted a Axe of Khorne for its usefulness in taking out enemies in challenges (dont forget we can't refuse them and have to issue them if we can.)
    Chaos Warriors are good however try giving them the MON so they are even more hardy, this army looks hard, are you putting your EH in with the knights?? if so you will hit hard and GL with your new army... FOR CHAOS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoC are elite warriors, might as well revel in the small model counts. :-) That said, you need to decide what role you want your units to perform. I'm assuming your CW will play the anvil role and your CK will be the hammer.

Mark of Nurgle for your CW for sure. maybe even add the Rapturous Standard. Cheap points and helps them with their Anvil role.

The Chosen probably need to come out at this point level. They're too slow to be a hammer, and not big enough to be an anvil. I think they work best as an anvil but at this point level your CW do the job just fine.

Marauder horse are great... but their role will dictate their build. Want hard hitting kamikazes to go mage/war machine hunting? Go with 128th_king's Khorne Cruise Missiles build. I prefer a little more control and use them as redirectors to set up my charges. I mark them with Slaanesh, and give them, a musician, light armor and throwing axes/spears. Either way, lose the standard bearer.

To help your CK hammer unit, consider adding the War Banner or MoN if points available.

For your EH, he needs something.... maybe AoK but I'd give him the Book of Secrets. This adds a magic phase to your army and gives you some shooting in the first round or two/three. You may want to put him in your CW instead of your CK. This can help prevent your opponent from just running away from your anvil unit and your CK hit hard already.

Try this out and have fun... my .02

12 Chaos Warriors @ 252 Pts
    Mark of Nurgle
    Full command
    Shield

1 Exalted Hero @ 156 Pts
    General
    Shield
    Chaos Steed
    Book of Secrets

5 Chaos Knights @ 250 Pts
    Mark of Nurgle
    Standard Bearer

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 91 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Musician
    Throwing Spear
    Light Armour

Total Roster Cost: 749

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys. It is greatly appreciated. I am definitely going to update my list and ditch the chosen.

+ Reply to Thread