2k starting list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k starting list

hi everyone this is my 2k starting list need some pointers thanx

Lord
    Daemon Prince
    Level 3 Wizard
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Tendrils Of tzeentch
    Bloodcurdling Roar
    Fury of the Blood god 580

Hero
    Exhalted hero
    Additional Hand weapon
    Shield
    Mark of Khorne
    Chaos runesword
    Juggernaut of Khorne 239

Core

10 Chaos Warriors
    Shields
    Mark of Nurgle
    Full Command
    Blasted Standard 250

17 Chaos Warriors
    Shields
    Mark of Nurgle
    Full Command
    Festering Shroud 350

Chaos Marauders
    Light armour
    Shield
    Full command 116

Special
    5 Chaos Knights
    Mark of Nurgle
    Full Command
    Banner of rage 305

Rare
    Chaos Warshrine
    Mark of Tzeentch 150

Total 1990

just to let u all know my main enemy army will be High elves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cmon guys can u plz give me sum pointers or is it a perfect list lol
    once again thanx in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

bump
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not fantastically experienced but i'll give my thoughts

Against High Elves, every Bolt Thrower is going to be aimed at your Daemon Prince. Wound on a 3+ and D3 Wounds, hitting on a 2+ - That's certainly a juicy enough target to shoot at. The Bloodcurdling Roar will be useful against T3 however.

In addition, if they go Magic heavy, they will simply blunt your Daemon Prince with dispel scrolls. Also you lack any scrolls yourself.

The Blasted Standard & MON will keep you safe from incoming fire, but with the Bolt Throwers aiming at your Daemon Prince, your main concern is Arrows which perhaps the 5+ Ward save is somewhat of an overkill on top of MoN and an unmodified save. A Festering Shoud will be very useful against T3 however, especially considering the unit sizes.

At 2k points, the Elves will easily outnumber you due to small unit sizes - you'll out damage them for certain, but your units do not have many models. Also consider they will strike first. CR therefore is your weakness.

Knights are the universal killing machines and should always be taken

The Hero I like, I prefer Axe of Khorne for killing blow, but the Runeswords extra attack and WS can be handy against enemy Lords & Heroes

Warshrine - not much experience with .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gday,

I'll throw something into it.

In regards to the Bolt Throwers shooting down the DP, I wouldn't quite say that's a big enough deterant to just drop him at all. If you threaten things early enough with him and the Knights, you have a chance. The only concern I have is the mid level of magic. It's not too effective, and wont protect you much either. A second sorcerer, and upping what you have to 6 levels of magic will be a big help. Otherwise, just go for a Dragon Lord and a scroll caddy. These two guys will do what the DP can do but better.

I don't think the hero can have an additonal HW when mounted, or when given a magic weapon. Other than that, he looks cool, just remember on a Jugger, he can't really go with infantry (due to frenzy), so he's sticking with the Knights. Dropping this charcter for that sorcerer is an option, as the Knights won't need too much help. Get 1 or 2 extra bodies into that unit, and the Banner of Rage does the rest

I would then say you've spent too many points on fancy banners and unneeded champions. Banner of Rage is fine, but other points here could be better spent on Halberds for the Warriors, or just more bodies. 2 units of 5 hounds are always helpful, esp with the frenzied Knights.

+ Reply to Thread