2250pt army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2250pt army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250pt army

First time player, really really green haha. Be critical im a big boy i can handle it.

Lord 1
    Hero 1
    Core 4
    Special 3
    Rare 1
    Core (non Min) 0

1 x Kholek Suneater

1 x Chaos Sorcerer
    Magic Items:
    2 x Dispel Scroll

20 x Chaos Marauders
    Group Options:
    Marauder Chieftain
    Musician

24 x Chaos Warriors
    Group Options:
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Champion
    Equipment:
    Additional Hand Weapon

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    Group Options:
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Equipment:
    Light Armour
    Throwing Spears
    Shield

5 x Marauder Horsemen
    Group Options:
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Marauder Chieftain
    Standard Bearer
    Equipment:
    Throwing Spears
    Light Armour
    Shield

5 x Chaos Knights
    Group Options:
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Knight Champion

5 x Chaos Knights
    Group Options:
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Knight Champion

5 x Chosen
    Equipment:
    Additional Hand Weapon

1 x Hellcannon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the building blocks of a solid list that just needs to be put into place. I won't comment too much on your lord/hero as I avoid special characters, but you have the sorc with 2 scrolls about the bare minimum for magic defense. It will provide enough protection against a large portion of the armies out there, but will struggle against magic heavy armies.

Your rare cant go wrong with a hellcannon.

Your specials the standard 2 groups of knights. One thing I always suggest with knights is dropping champion/musician. It is a lot of points to spend with minimal gain. Knights also are most efficient in groups of 6(or you can run 5 and throw the sorc on a barded steed and stick him with one group he has almost the exact same stats as a knight). Your knights dont have a whole lot invested in them, they are still a threat but could definitely be a bigger threat. The 5 chosen, I see no point in these guys but a waste of points. As far as I see them it is either go big or dont go at all. Spend these points to better your knights(mark of nurgle + banner of rage on one group and warbanner on the other group maybe?).

I see quite a few problems with your core as well. I dont like the foot marauders and dont think they fit into your army at all. Your warriors are 24 wide which is a lot of points for very little benefit. Warriors are meant to win through killing, not combat resolution. I would drop the marauders and make the warriors 2 groups of 12 and try and give them a mark. Your marauder horsemen are way too expensive. Don't give them standard bearer or anything like that you should not be getting into combat with these. Also, by adding both light armor and shields onto them you are removing the fast calvary rule from them which is the best part about the unit. Your list could also use a unit or 2 of warhounds they are cheap and very helpful.

With no magic, you need to make sure your army is beef which I think you are lacking greatly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the post man, ya i cant stand the marauders,but everyone was telling me i lacked sheer numbers. so i dropped them in there. ill move stuff around and go from there. ill post a new list later tonight and see what u think of that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x2)

I agree with pretty much everything that kyuzo said. For what it's worth, while players normally don't use Special Characters, you have managed to pick an absolute doozy of a Lord. Kholek is a proper monster!

I think if you're completely new to Warhammer and you're interested in playing Chaos (and who wouldn't be!), then you can't go far wrong with getting hold of the boxset. You'll find everything you need in there for a reasonably well-balanced 1,000 point list if you add a Hero to it. That gives you the opportunity to get used to our most common units - and some of our most important - and to learn how you play, what you like, what you don't, etc.

You'll get 12 Warriors, 20 Marauders, 10 Warhounds and 5 Knights. Add a Hero to that list and you can get an army list something like this:

Chaos Sorcerer
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Upgrade to level 2
    Dispel Scroll
    Book of Secrets

12 Chaos Warriors
    Mark of Khorne
    Halberds
    Shields
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Blasted Standard

20 Chaos Marauders
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Light Armour
    Shields
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Champion

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights
    Mark of Nurgle
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    War Banner

997 points
    There are a good number of item configurations you can follow with those models in order to hit 1,000 points, depending on how you want to play each unit, and it lets you get to grips with most of the different troop types we've got. It also gives you models that, in friendly games with nice people, you can pretend are something different - so you can say "my Warhounds are actually Marauder Horsemen", and you can get used to other units before you go out and spend more money.

At any rate, that's what I'd recommend for a new player.

Finally, welcome to LO and to Chaos! I hope you find your feet and enjoy all the fun that the game has to offer.

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    thanks for the post man, ya i cant stand the marauders,but everyone was telling me i lacked sheer numbers. so i dropped them in there. ill move stuff around and go from there. ill post a new list later tonight and see what u think of that.
    While I like to think that it's just a case of everyone having their own preference, in all honesty I'm not sure I've seen anyone relying on Marauders for anything much in their lists.

That said, when you're playing smaller games, I reckon they can really come into their own.

It's worth actually playing with the models and the units before making up your mind. I played a joint game where I had control of nothing but Marauders when I was learning the game, and I found that they actually performed brilliantly. Although they're a bit light-weight compared to the Warriors, when you actually compare them with the bog-standard troops that many other armies have, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Regardless of which, I also don't like 'em that much. Give me a Warrior unit any day...!

+ Reply to Thread