Competitive Chaos List? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competitive Chaos List?

Chaos Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Armour of Damnation
    Flail

Chaos Sorcerer
    2 x Dispel Scrolls

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Steed of Slaanesh
    The Bronze Armour of Zharkk
    Flail

14 Chaos Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields
    Mark of Slaanesh

14 Chaos Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields
    Mark of Khorne

10 Marauders
    Great Weapons

10 Marauders
    Great Weapons

5 Chaos Knights
    Full Command
    Mark of Nurgle

3 Dragon Ogres
    Great Weapons

Chaos Chariot
    Mark of Slaanesh

Chariot of Slaanesh
    Mark of Slaanesh

Competitive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x2)

Well, it's different, that's for sure! Uhm... I'm not entirely sure about competitive - I have neither the time nor the energy to go through it fully.

It looks like a solid list, with cover for most eventualities. Nice mix of troops, nice mix of marks, etc. Mostly seems ok.

I will question your Mark of Khorne Warriors having Shields - it seems that unit should be using Additional Hand Weapons, to make the most of their attacking prowess. I wouldn't run Khornate Warriors with anything lower than a frontage of six, so you could even drop a couple of the Warriors and have Shields and Additional Hand Weapons - or, if you prefer, Halberds - and have a few other points to dot around.

Full commentary to come after lunch!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Competative against who? If you game at our store you'd get eaten up by magic or shooting. If you're playing your friends, this list may clean the table and ask for seconds. Every atmosphere is different. In our club, there are some newer members that this list would probably perform well against, but then there are also some other players that would kill all of your characters by turn 2 and leave you with little to fight with.

I'll give you a couple of pointers since alot of the people I play are into tournaments and unfortunately our club is becoming more and more OTT in it's army builds. (I think it hampers new players and friendly lists/games)

Chaos Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Armour of Damnation
    Flail
    297get this guy a better ward save. Collar of Khorne gives hima 5+ and MR2 which will protect you in turn2 when you've burned thru your scrolls. Or talisman of Protection or golden eye of tzeentch, lots of ways to protect him from shooting/magic.

Chaos Sorcerer
    2 x Dispel Scrolls

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Steed of Slaanesh
    Flail shields work well on guys like this and the above lord, because there are times when you'd rather have the armor save and you may not even need the flail.

14 Chaos Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields
    Mark of Slaanesh
    264 why 14, why full command, why slanesh? what's your purpose in taking these as opposed to the khorne guys below or just not taking more marauders. 7 wide is really hard to maneuver if that's what you're doing, because these guys are slow. If you're going 7 wide, you'll most likely be flanked, 2 CW won't hold the line most times.

14 Chaos Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields
    Mark of Khorne

10 Marauders
    Great Weapons

10 Marauders
    Great Weapons

5 Chaos Knights
    Full Command
    Mark of Nurgle

3 Dragon Ogres
    Great Weapons

Chaos Chariot
    Mark of Slaanesh

Chariot of Slaanesh
    Mark of Slaanesh

I like that you've kept your characters cheap and minimalistic, I just think against a lot of magic opponents you may struggle. I also notice a lack of hounds and horsemen. They are not necessary, but they are really useful and fairly inexpensive. They can hunt warmachines and flank as well as deal with faster elements of the enemy's army. I think you have some nice elements to your army, but just wonder how much of your army will arrive to fight intact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the units is ment to be 15 so it can be three ranks deep. The other will be joined by the wizard to make it up 2 15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

The list has potential to win some games but some elements can clearly be upgraded. Namely your character defence and adding magical banner to boost your unit potential. How do you plan to fight your battle (deployment, strategy)?

Quote Originally Posted by Undivided View Post
    Chaos Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Armour of Damnation
    Flail

You need a ward save if you aren't in a unit otherwise war machines will eat him. Add a shield also.

Chaos Sorcerer
    2 x Dispel Scrolls

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Steed of Slaanesh
    Flail

This guy will die. Believe me 3+ Sv doesn't cut it. You need at least 1+ Sv (and it still pretty easy to die) and/or a ward/regen save. I would add him (or her, look at her boots) an Enchanted Shield instead of the Bronze Amour. Keep the flail, you can use it against cavalry and chariot if they didn't charge you and if they don't contain characters. A BSB upgrade would also be good.

14 Chaos Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields
    Mark of Slaanesh

14 Chaos Warriors
    Full Command
    Shields
    Mark of Khorne

Banner of rage could be nice here instead of MoK. Are you planning 3x5 units, if so, I would add a war banner on the MoS unit, +4 SCR is great. Remove champion in unit you don't plan on putting a hero.

10 Marauders
    Great Weapons

10 Marauders
    Great Weapons

Ok, just don't count on these guy to do something apart from bugging your opponent.

5 Chaos Knights
    Full Command
    Mark of Nurgle

Remove champion in unit you don't plan on putting hero. MoN won't protect you a lot. MoT + Blasted Standard could be better especially since you only got one unit and if the boob steed hero join it.

3 Dragon Ogres
    Great Weapons

Great complement to the knights. Quick note: your knights can get charged and survive but not these guys.

Chaos Chariot
    Mark of Slaanesh

Chariot of Slaanesh
    Mark of Slaanesh

Nice, 2 chariots is always good to complement the infantry.

Competitive?

+ Reply to Thread