2250 - tweaks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2250 - tweaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

2250 - tweaks

Gday,

Just trying to tweak up my Warriors list, thought I'd post it and see what you think. The main question on my mind is: Is it worth getting 2 bare Chariots, or 6 more bare Chaos Knights in the special slots.....of course, any other comments welcome:

L+H - Daemon Prince
    Level 4, Tendrils, Fury, Roar, Mark of Tzeentch

H - Sorc
    Lev 2, Disc, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets, Mark of Tzeentch

C - 10x Warriors
    Mark of Slaanesh, S/M, shield, Halberd

C - 10x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch, shield, halberd, S/M

C - 18x Marauders
    MOT, S/M, GW

C - 2x5 Hounds

C - 5x MH
    Flail, muso, throwing axes

S - 6x Knights
    Standard, Banner of rage, Mark of Tzeentch

S - Chariot (OR should Knights go here....)
    Mark of Slaanesh

S - Chariot
    Mark of Slaanesh

R - Hellcannon

TOTAL - 2250

Last edited by timk1111; August 4th, 2009 at 04:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Nothing at all guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only because I'm secretly falling in love with you..

Levels of magic? In my experiance 6 levels nearly reach the line of being a good magic list, but just nearly. 8 Levels and it works, 6 just doesn't do it for me.
    Though! When your going to gateway spam, it's a whole other story. When you don't roll gateway, your pretty much worthless in the magic face. And your gateway is going to eat scrolls. I'dd incluse a sniper if you can find the points.

What's the idea of the tzeentch warriors? The only time i use warriors of tzeentch, is when they cary the banner of rage. Wich you already used on you knights. Swap em for Slaanesh imo.

I also prefer nurgle of tzeentch on the knights, but thats a personal choice.

Nah keep the chariots! Knights tend to dislike me and fluff all there attacks, or safes However chariots are my champions and they crush everything but steamtanks. Try them out.

Hellcannnon... hmm.. I hate it. Some people like it but i don't. Rather swap him out to make the changes above

Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

The marks look a little strange because I normally go for pure Tzeentch. After getting crushed by Daemons due bad LD checks and miscasting my Gateway, I came up with this. And around here, 10 power dice is about the limit

Thanks for the feedback Call, I'll look at the list again with it in mind

Rep given, Tim

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Sorry, I haven't been online as much as of late. I'll post some comments and questions, maybe just to generate some feedback or see why you do one thing and not the other.
    L+H - Daemon Prince
    Level 4, Tendrils, Fury, Roar, Mark of TzeentchI like the idea of the roar, I haven't really tried using it yet for the reason I take it, but I worry about it on the DP. He only has 4 wounds which is fairly fragile, so you'll probably want to hide him for the first few turns til he can come out in the open without getting shot or magic'd himself.

H - Sorc
    Lev 2, Disc, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets, Mark of Tzeentch No protection at all? This guy zaps stuff with magic missiles I'm assuming, which means he's going to get shot at. I would think he would die too easily as configured (things like handguns and even plain arrows could take him down, not to mention poison blowpipes) I'm also in agreeance with HK, your magic phase is weak (but maybe strong in your neighborhood) assuming you can keep these guys alive. I'd maybe spread it out a bit (maybe drop one unit of warriors) and get a 3rd character who can cast (even if a lvl 1 nurgle or tz sniper) that way your guys stay alive longer and if one gets stuck somewhere, the others can still cast.

C - 10x Warriors
    Mark of Slaanesh, S/M, shield, Halberd

C - 10x Warriors

C - 18x Marauders I'm guessing there is a theme for tzeentch and that's why these guys are all marked that way.
    MOT, S/M, GW

C - 2x5 Hounds

C - 5x MH
    Flail, muso, throwing axes do the throwing axes ever do anything? I like their potential but feel like they don't do enought to justify the cost (which isn't much but in Chaos, every point counts.

S - 6x Knights
    Standard, Banner of rage, Mark of Tzeentchhmm, mark of tzeentch doesn't make too much sense with banner of rage. It seems like you're stuck between tzeentch and slanesh. IMO, all the units could go slanesh and leave the characters tzeentch unless you're going to take the banner of 4+ ward.

S - Chariot (OR should Knights go here....)
    Mark of Slaanesh knights are great, can get a banner and have a better save and don't instadie versus cannons, etc. It really comes down to mechanics. If you like the chariots mechanics and don't face a lot of str7+ shooting/attacks, keep the chariots. Otherwise, knights maybe be slightly better, just due to the way the marks work and what banners you give them.

S - Chariot
    Mark of Slaanesh if you're going to mark these slanesh, I would consider marking the warriors and marauders slanesh as well.

R - Hellcannon how is this working out for you? Just curious, because I've considered modelling one, but haven't convinced myself if I want to play it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Thanks for the feedback Buck.

Roar on the DP was really to make up for lost breath attacks, when I dropped the Dragon. It's a fair call to drop it, I have no problem doing so if I need spare points.

You're right about the Wizard too, he has been shot down before. He's better off on a Steed I think, so he can join units. I'm thinking of getting him on a Daemonic Mount to make my Tzeentch guys immune to fear (and so I can go back to my Tzeentch theme). Any thoughts?

3 Wizards isn't a bad idea either, though I would have to cap it at 10 power dice...but then I'd be able to get more protection for them. I'll see what I can jig up.

I put on the Throwing Axes on because there was a game I would've killed for them. Fled from some Seekers, rallied, then I could've run up and put axes straight into their faces....oh well.

The Hellcannon has gone alright, but I feel I'm still getting used to it. Last game I decided to charge him up the field simply because I was facing Daemons, and he held up some Daemonettes for ages until the Keeper killed him off. I should've shot with him, to whittle down the rank bonus of the 'nets...I was outnumbered after all.

But then it has also down great things while Pandaemonium is cast, making things flee. I've made a model for it, so I'll keep trying it.

Some good advise overall Buck, I'll will now go back to the drawing board

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Righty O, I've gone back to my Tzeentch Theme and re-jigged the list a bit. A couple of unlucky fear tests shouldn't make me Slaanesh mad all of a sudden (I realise now I could've changed my reaction to Flee if I wasn't going to hit them in close combat!). Still 10 PD (too many more isn't 'friendly', nor would it get good comp in a Tourny...). See what you reckon, I've put the changes in bold.

One question - I've thrown in a Warshrine, is there better use for the points? Ogres? Or maybe 2 Spawn?

L - Daemon Prince
    Level 4, Tendrils, Fury of the Blood God, Mark of Tzeentch (No Roar)

H - Sorcerer
    Lev 2, Steed, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets, Mark of Tzeentch

C - 18x Warriors
    Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Shield, Warbanner

C - 10x Warriors

C - 18x Marauders
    Mark of Tzeentch, S/M, GW

C - 2x5 Hounds

C - 5x MH
    Flail, muso, (No Axes)

S - 6x Knights