2k non character heavy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k non character heavy?

Was just wondering as i see a lot of ppl easly spend like 1\3 or more of their points on characters... how do you think a list like this would work

Heroes:

Chaos Sorcerer : 135
    General, 2x Dispel scrolls

Exalted hero : 334
    BSB, Warbanner, Chariot, both mark of khorne, soporific musk

Core:

3x5 Marauder horsment : 106
    MoS, light armor, flail, throwing axes musi

3x6 warhounds : 36

Special:

10x chaos knights : 460
    Mark of khorne, Standard + musi

10x chaos knights : 495
    Mark of nurgle, standard + musi, Banner of rage

Rare:
    2x Chaos spawns : 75
    Mark of either khorne or slaanesh

Ofc i see its possible to change the knights into 3 units of 6 or so... but this would make them more reliable.. sucks if 1 unit gets shot down to 3 knights and cant hold its own in close combat.. then your just down to 2 less effective knight units + 1 that just cant do shit on its own -.-

can also change the 2 spawns for a chariot of khorne to support the exalted chariot, but doubt its needed as he can put out some dmg and with banner + warbanner he got some static combat ress

Anyone think something like this could work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I would split your knights into 4 units or three units of 6. I think you need to mount your general (where is he going to go?) and I would consider getting a 2nd scroll caddy. You could always put one of your sorcerors in a chariot as well. I don't really care for spawns personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why mount te sorcerer? he is the general.. just run and hide in some bush somewhere :o mounting him will only make it easyer to catch him..

yeah i see the point of the 3\4 units of dwarfs.. but meeting a solid gunline of dwarfs with some ironbreakers with a lord... 6 knights isnt going to be able to stand up to that for long, as they most likly are down to 3-4 by the time they get there... thats just why i went for 2 big units.. giving me 3 hard hitters in the army (i would consider the BSB on chariot a pretty hard hitter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt expect any knights to die to gunfire with mark of nurgle. Setting them up in groups of 10 is asking for a warmachine to blow em up though. You should trim a lot of points off of your horsemen and think about running them with nothing but MoS. Drop the warhounds down to 5 and I suggest taking the marks off the spawns as they really dont kill anything anyways their job is just to hold up a unit so you can flank. These changes will easily give you 150 points. I see a pretty small army myself for having very little characters.

+ Reply to Thread