2500 hammer army, no anvil. Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 hammer army, no anvil. Friendly

Hi,
    I whant a hard hitting, flanking hammer army.
    Be free to give me pointers, could use the help. Should I switch the Disc Hero for a sorcerer lvl1 wiht 2 dispel scrolls? But I lika a non magic army. Or am I at a to big disadvantage on the magical lvl or will I be overuned?

Lord: 368p Mok, flail, Chaos Runeshield, Armor of Morrsleib and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 225p MoK, Shield, Axe of Khorne and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 230p MoK, Shield, Chaos Runesword and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 149p MoT, Flail, Shield and a Disc

Core: (meatwalls)

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Special:

Knights - 6 340p MoK Musician/Standard and Blasted Standard

Knights - 6 335p MoN Musician/Standard and Banner of Rage

Dragon Ogres - 3 231p Great Weapons

Total: 2489p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Here's a few suggestions:

You do not have enough 5 model strong to hide all those characters. You need another unit of 6 knights instead of DO. You also want a BSB (a combo is to use him in a knight unit with Warbanner).

You only have MR1 for magic protection: this isn't enough. Your disk hero could be switch for a scroll caddy on a steed or disk. You could also put him on a chariot (doesn't count as Special this way), that would fit more your all-hammer theme and would not overload your squad (6Knights + Juggy is quite large!).

You should ditch the 4th horsemen unit and upgrade the other ones (something like light armour, flails or th. axes and musician). If you want more meat, get warhounds not horsemen (except to fill up the core units).

The Chaos Runesword never impressed me (+WS is useless except on a Nurgle char.). The best combo I could do with a juggernaut is with the Enchanted Shield. I would suggest you to use Enchanted Shield and Sword of Might instead of the Runesword (you still get S6, you loose -1att but gain -1 Sv).

Do you really need a Lord, especially a Khorne lord. An 3rd exalted could do the job for less point.

On a final note: you need something or a strategy to guard the side and rear of your army. A fast army will get behind quite easily.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Lord: 368p Mok, flail, Chaos Runeshield, Armor of Morrsleib and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 225p MoK, Shield, Axe of Khorne and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 230p MoK, Shield, Chaos Runesword and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 149p MoT, Flail, Shield and a Discyou do need some sort of magic defense, otherwise you're toast, I'd get a lvl1 with 2 scrolls at least. But I wouldn't get rid of this character, just make him useful. Get him a decent wardsave at least

Core: (meatwalls) very bad idea - give these guys flails, light armor and a mark (either khorne or slanesh) otherwise you're asking to lose turn 1. Horsemen vs most of the armies are very useful and you're cheating yourself by using them only as meatshields. What if all their shooting is on a hill? You'd never make it to the enemy alive with anything that can fight.

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Horsemen 5 - 65p

Hounds 5 - 30p these can be used as meatshields. I think you have at least 1 unit too many though. How long does it take you to charge?

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Special:

Knights - 6 340p MoK Musician/Standard and Blasted Standard

Knights - 6 335p MoN Musician/Standard and Banner of Rage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm ok, ill try that. Sounds nice.
    Tnx for the comments and please comment the uppdated list.
    (What is MR1?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, this is the uppdate. Donīt have the same amount of hammers any more. But the ones I have will do.
    Donīt know if should have the Mok on the warriors or the horsemen. And do I relly need the sorcerer for protection against magic?

Lord: 1 - 368p Mok, flail, Chaos Runeshield, Armor of Morrsleib and a Juggernaut

Ex Hero: 1 - 215p MoK, Enchanted Shield, Sword of might and a Juggernaut

Sorcerer: 1 - 170p lvl2 2* Dispel scroll.

Core:

Warriors: 12 - 210p Shields and Muci/Stand

Horsemen: 5 - 128p Mok, Flail, Light armor and Muci/Stand

Horsemen 5 - 128p Mok, Flail, Light armor and Muci/Stand

Hounds 6 - 36p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Special:

Knights 6 - 340p MoK Musician/Standard and Blasted Standard

Knights 6 - 335p MoN Musician/Standard and Banner of Rage

Knights 6 - 300p MoK Musician/Standard

Total: 2500p

So what do you think?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It's not legal, for a start - Your Lord has two sets of Magic Armour (and no, being a shield makes no difference).

The warriors feel a bit irrelevant, they are 2 small units in an army with lots of fast moving units. I think you either need to expand the infantry in some way to make them worthwhile.

And secondly...get rid of that Mark of Nurgle - Everything else is Khorne, go the whole hog.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    It's not legal, for a start - Your Lord has two sets of Magic Armour (and no, being a shield makes no difference).
    Well you gat me on the rolebook thing, so I give him a wepon instead.

The warriors feel a bit irrelevant, they are 2 small units in an army with lots of fast moving units. I think you either need to expand the infantry in some way to make them worthwhile.
    They are for flangking defense only. Knights, lord, hero, hounds and horsemen attack first, asap. Then the warriors come and cover the flanks thats the thing.

And secondly...get rid of that Mark of Nurgle - Everything else is Khorne, go the whole hog.
    I knowe. But I have a sorcerer. And you know Khorne, he isenīt very found of them. So I donīt relly knowe. You think I can lose the sorcerer to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by jmsh83 View Post
    Hm ok, ill try that. Sounds nice.
    Tnx for the comments and please comment the uppdated list.
    (What is MR1?)
    Magic Resistance 1 (from the juggernaut).

Quote Originally Posted by jmsh83
    Hi, this is the uppdate. Donīt have the same amount of hammers any more. But the ones I have will do.
    Donīt know if should have the Mok on the warriors or the horsemen. And do I relly need the sorcerer for protection against magic?

Yeah, I think you need the dispel scrolls.

Lord: 1 - 368p Mok, flail, Chaos Runeshield, Armor of Morrsleib and a Juggernaut

As it was already said: you can't take two sets of armour. I would suggest getting a weapon instead of Morrslieb. Axe of Khorne could be nice. You could also just keep the flail and it would be ok.

Ex Hero: 1 - 215p MoK, Enchanted Shield, Sword of might and a Juggernaut

Sorcerer: 1 - 170p lvl2 2* Dispel scroll.

He will not be able to cast effectively if he is alone. I would suggest dropping the lvl2 upgrade.

Core:

Nice rear guard here.

Horsemen: 5 - 128p Mok, Flail, Light armor and Muci/Stand

Horsemen 5 - 128p Mok, Flail, Light armor and Muci/Stand

Are you sure about those standard? These guys hit hard the first turn but after that they get beaten quite easily.

Hounds 6 - 36p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Hounds 5 - 30p

Special:

Knights 6 - 340p MoK Musician/Standard and Blasted Standard

Knights 6 - 335p MoN Musician/Standard and Banner of Rage

Knights 6 - 300p MoK Musician/Standard

Plenty of killing potential here, your opponent will not be able to bait them all.

Total: 2500p

So what do you think?
    Your army sounds good. You just need to test it and see what works for you. I think as long as you can't get flanked, you will do well.

+ Reply to Thread