2000pts Infantry vs Magic/Shooting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

-21 (x0)

2000pts Infantry vs Magic/Shooting

At first I wanted an infantry-based list with Banner of the gods.
    Then I came to realization that pure infantry will probably be massacred by heavy magic (especially) and with shooting (to a lesser extent).
    So i've started with characters, trying to remedy this by going as magic-heavy and as maneuverable as possible. It ate up a good thousand points..
    ..thrown in a pair of mounted marauders to hunt warmachines, a pair of chariots to support my infantry... and suddenly realized that i have only 361 point left for my "main infantry body" Oh well...
    ..361 point = 90 "naked" stubborn meat-bags.

Here's the list i ended up with:

Sorcerer Lord
    Level 4
    Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of tzeentch
    Conjoined Homunculus, Bloodcurdling roar, Fury of the Blood god
    Armour of Morrslieb, Rod of Torment

Level 2
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Collar of Khorne, Enchanted shield
    Disc of Tzeench

Level 2
    Mark of Nurgle
    Diespell scroll
    Book of secrets/Power familliar, Chaos steed

Exalted hero
    BSB, Banner of the gods, Chaos steed

2x5 Marauder horsemen
    Light armour, Flails, Musician

2 x Chaos chariot
    Mark of slaanesh

10 Marauders (Bsb bunker, will go right behind the main battle line)
    Light armour, Shields
    Mark of slaanesh

3x30 Marauders

1999 Points
    11 PD
    1 bound
    6 DD

It might work, it might not, but what I've learned, is that it seems to be impossible to have both heavy magic, banner of the gods, and combat-worthy infantry in 2000 points limit.
    So the question remains open, if i am to go as competitve as possible, while sticking to infantry - which is the best solution to solve heavy magic and shooting problem?
    2x Double hellcannons and infernal puppet for those missfires? Huge blocks of marauders/warriors(with blasted standard) with MR items / khornate exalteds on jaggers in them? The black tongue (did anyone test it)?

P.S: I am fully aware that all-cav is more tournament worthy, but I am ready to make this sacrifice here.

Last edited by Galakhad; August 25th, 2009 at 22:05.
    Be what you are I tell myself. And myself tells me we can't be anybody else (c)DP

+ Reply to Thread