warriors of chaos 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warriors of chaos 2000pts

Hey guys, tell me what you think. Thanks!

Lords

Chaos lord, shield, daemonic mount, biting blade
    275pts

Heroes

Wulfrik the wanderer 185pts

Exalted hero, additional hand weapon, biting blade 119pts

Core

12 chaos warriors, additional hand weapons, musician, full comand, banner of wrath
    267pts

18 warriors, shields, full command, banner of wrath
    363pts

10 warhounds
    60pts

10 warhounds
    60pts

10 warhounds
    60pts

10 warhounds
    60pts

5 marauder horsemen, shields, light armour, full command
    105pts

20 maraunders, flails, light armour, full command
    140pts

Special

5 chaos knights, full command, banner of wrath, mark of slaanesh
    305pts

Grand total: 2001pts

so what do you think, give me a post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first glaring issue I see is you have the Banner of Wrath on your list three times. You can only take any given magic item once per list aside from Dispel Scrolls and Power Stones. Which means that your two Biting Blades are a no also.

Speaking of Dispel Scrolls, you have no Sorcerers. Is this list purposefully a no magic list? I would strongly suggest against running a no magic list in today's environment. You're asking for trouble.

I like Wulfrik in theory, but have never used him. Let us know how he works out for you. Warriors of Chaos as a whole are blessed with very good Special Hero choices for dirt cheap. As a primary Tomb King player, this makes me very jealous.

You have too many warhounds on the table. Units of 5 will suffice for screening purposes and I seriously doubt you need that many units of them. Instead of 4 units of 10, make 4 units of 5 and get another unit of Marauder Horsemen, drop the LA and mark them Slaanesh or Khorne as you see fit. Actually, I don't like LA on any Marauder unit that doesn't use shield/hand weapon. Too many things in the game can invalidate your 6+ save.

I personally like Warriors in units of 10 or 15 (running a 7 Warrior frontage) but some folks like 6 for good reason. I started using 7 in response to our HE player running SMs 7 across and it works fine for me. I've never tried additional hand weapons on Warriors, I always give them Halberds. The only melee unit I'd consider giving an additional hand weapon to are Chosen, Ogres or Dragon Ogres. But that's a matter of taste. You really can't jack up a Warrior unit so do what works for you. I also don't think you can have magical banners on two of the same unit type in an army. So one warrior unit will have to do without a magical banner. I'd consider giving the one you give the additional hand weapon to the Banner of Rage for more attacks. I'm a fan of Chosen, I'd "upgrade" one of your Warrior units to Chosen if you can get the points for it.

I like the Mark of Slaanesh on the Knights, but I mark everything I can Slaanesh! Once again, you can't have a Banner of Wrath here either. I like the Blasted Standard on Knights personally.

Having a Hellcannon on the table is indispensable, but they're pricey both ways. A Warshrine or Chariot could come in very handy as well.

Hope that helps ya some.
    Last edited by Enigmatik1; September 1st, 2009 at 16:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS said above you can only have 1 of each magic items, banners, talismens etc. per army. I also agree with the above post that you need a sorceror or two to be effective. I do believe that u should drop your chaos lord and add sorcerors, for 275pts you have WS7 A5 S5 W3 but an exalted champion with chaos runesword has WS7 S6 A5 for 160pts mark him with khorn and thats A6 and immune to psychology(until he loses a combat).

Personally i think you have a few too many warhounds, warhounds are good for two things, screening frenzied units or baiting enemy units, they can't really put up much of a fight or hold any units in place very well, I would stick to two units of 5. (unless you are faced with lots of shooting then take enough to screen your units but in units of 5) that gives you 180 points to mess with.

I like the look of the big unit of warriors, I would take the warbanner instead for an extra +1 CR if you run them in 4 ranks you will have a static combat resolution of 5 (banner, 3 ranks and warbanner), that unit will be very difficult to move, Mark it slaanesh or khorn and the unit could take almost anything in close combat and win.

The knights are solid they dont need a command to be effective or amagic banner, if you are faced with lots of shooting the ward save vs shooting banner (blasted standard?) and mark them tzeentch will give them a 3+ward save against shooting. Only give them a full command if you have plenty of points to spare.

A good setup for marauder horsemen is Mark of khorn and flails, those guys can pack a punch but there frenzy limits there fast cavalry rule unless screened affectivly. But the setup you have there (light armour AND shields) negates there fast cavalry rule, best to give them one or the other so they can slip past the enemy and cause havock behind his lines (or go mage/warmachine hunting).

I also agree with the above post about fielding a hellcannon, they rock no question, good shooting and good combat skills make this a must have for our army.

anyway sorry for the long post hope some of it helped you and these are only some personal preferences there are hundreds of army lists on this site alone and none are identical. Anyway happy gaming
    M_B

+ Reply to Thread